What are you drinking tonight, Summer '08

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Since it's summer I've added a rock.

I've started out on BT but soon hit Bulleit. (With apologies to Bob Dylan.) I like both, but I'd definitely purchase BT again.

Will

Started with scotch tonight.... Aberlour A'bunach Batch #18, Highland Park 12 yr , and now Weller Centennial Julio's 13 yr.

I had a WT101 Old Fashioned at the House of Blues while participating in "Murder Mystery Dinner Theater" and now I'm capping the night with a pour from my vacation bottle of ORVW 10/90.

It is really tough to stay with the 10/90 with a Stagg, three Saz18's and a Pappy 15 in boxes in the other room. :bigeyes:

The liquor store owner shed a tear as I drove away. He did shake my hand and ask if I would be back next summer. :grin:

I've been on a margarita kick lately. Fresh squeezed lime juice, simple syrup, tequila (blanco) and Cointreau on the rocks -- no salt. Yum. I'm going through limes like they're going out of style.

P.S. Great Avatar, callmeox!

I visited JBB, 1792 current, Weller 12, and finishing with a Buffalo Trace. Wife doing Pomm Martini's. Kids gone for the evening, On the Veranda.

Rock and Roll on the Bose 201"s

The neighbors are NOT Happy!

RHFs, PVW15, Lot B and 4R40th... a little of the last three with the wife :D

Bakers... I think I am doen with Beam products all together..

I agree Emerald. The Beam products have a raunchy flavor that is probably related to the yeast they use or something. Just not pleasant and the fact that they all taste the same (just with different ages and proofs) doesn't do anything for me either.

Working on the vacation bottle of ORVW 10/90 while reading a Bill Bryson book about Australia.

I too am reading a Bill Bryson book this summer... A Short History of Nearly Everything icon7.gif

Rock and Roll on the Bose 201"s

The neighbors are NOT Happy!

I wondered where that sound was coming from.

ORVW 10/107. My first taste. WOW! Me like very much. Joe

ORVW 10/107. My first taste. WOW! Me like very much. Joe

It's a great value there Joe... one of my favorites. Have you tried any of the other Van Winkles? Prepare to be blown away!

Tonight I started with a Van Winkle myself - Lot B, and now I'm enjoying a nice pour of Julio's Centennial.

Forty Creek Canadian whisky... Looking to get drunk because I haven't been able to stop thinking about my job, which pays too well to quit and pisses me off too much to be happy.

And now I'm doing the stupidest thing imaginable when drinking.... Looking at the cost of staying in belgium for a week.

I pulled out and old and older bottle. First up, Old Forester BIB early 80's and then some AAA 10 year '04. Both good and good for you.

Pappy 15 watching the Chicago fireworks on TV.

Happy Birthday USA! (a day early)

I too am reading a Bill Bryson book this summer... A Short History of Nearly Everything icon7.gif

That's next on my list after this one. It is supposed to be a fun read.

I'm enjoying the second last pour from the vacation bottle of ORVW 10/90. It needs to last through tomorrow night so I don't have to transport an open bottle back home.

Having a tasting with my Father in Law.

willett 4 yr

wtrr 101

wt 86.,8

wtks 2000

Hirsch 16

and Glenlivet 16 cask strength.

woo hoo !!! Great Night !1!!

dONT Lose you ass, E !!!!

Julio's Weller and then some ORVW 10/107. The ORVW keeps growing on me more and more.

More WTRB...

dONT Lose you ass, E !!!!

Nothing like that... drunk clown with a motercycle tried to leave early... stopped him... but....

Any Moron that tries to drive a Bike after drinking should have his bike taken away.... oh.. and it was/had been raining... after dark.... dee-dee-dee

Started out with WT 12 Split label in my glass. Now its Handy.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed, out on the Veranda. The Bose are still reminding the neighbors what a fine band Steely Dan was in the 70's.

Earlier today had some WT rye with ginger ale. Not bad.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!