What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've had Two fine Bibs...VOB & CL back to back...they have been worlds better than the ballgame so far!

-Joe

I've had Two fine Bibs...VOB & CL back to back...they have been worlds better than the ballgame so far!

-Joe

Phils vs Dodgers ended up better than I had hoped, so I had two good pours and a great finish to the ballgame...I am blessed 3X!

-Joe

Rock Hills Farms, the Julio'o #2 Series, neat.

I went to the www.greatbourbon.com website and saw that they have a description of this by Gary and Mardee Regan.

Say them, "The nose presents hints of plums, candy and papaya."

Yeah they nailed that. Although this bottle I have is probably 10 to 15 years later than what they were sampling.

But the nose reminds me of wild plums we used to pick along side of the road down in 'Bama as a kid mixed with hard candy.

Also stated, "...a simple palate with a touch of fruit, tobacco and a pleasant minty backdrop."

Tobacco comes in well after you swallow, like a minute or two later when you swallow a second time, like an after thought.

As I stated earlier, this is one classy bottle of whiskey.

Tonight I'm drinking Wild Turkey 101, 8 years old. :yum:

By the way how old is the regular WT 101 ?

The claims, that I have read on this site, are that the current version is 8 years old, but it tastes very different that the "8" years that I have had... Compared to the late 80s and 2 the early 90s 8yr versions... Different bourbons all together..

The claims, that I have read on this site, are that the current version is 8 years old, but it tastes very different that the "8" years that I have had... Compared to the late 80s and 2 the early 90s 8yr versions... Different bourbons all together..

I think Wild Turkey admits that it is a mix of 4, 6 and 8 yo bourbon.

By label rules, we know that it is at least 4)r. It would make sense that it is a blend... I wonder what the percentages are (95% 4-yr, 4% 6-yr, 1% 8-yr :D)

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Ok, after 2 RHF I just poured myself a WLWeller Special Reserve, neat.

And I thought I did these in the wrong order and I was right, I like WLWSR but after the RHF this is flat, I think I'll go slow, maybe it will rebound.

Ok, after 2 RHF I just poured myself a WLWeller Special Reserve, neat.

Now I am going with a Wild Turkey Rare Breed, neat.

There is nothing like Turkey when it has depth.

They say that this is a mix of 6, 8 and 12 year old bourbon.

Lately I have gone through 3 bottles and the consistancy is of the highest order. Classic Turkey flavors.

I am going to have to open a Kentucky Spirit soon.

Would it be fair to do a side-by-side?

I think so. Toss in some old # 8 as well.

The classic WT taste thrad is there, but the classic WT101 ritchness is not...

Now, WT101 is still a good bourbon.

Caught a movie with my son so when I got home.....the mood hit me for a nice wheated bourbon....out comes Weller SR. Good stuff.

How about the 8 yrs you buy in the airports and port of calls duty frees like I did? Was I just just an idiot?

How about the 8 yrs you buy in the airports and port of calls duty frees like I did? Was I just just an idiot?

p_e,

No, I look at that everytime I am at teh airpot (and the 12 yr when they have it) and want one. At $25 for the 8 yr, that is a good bargin.

Let us know how you like it...

i have had the export 8yr old WT 101 and it is much better than the current NAS WT 101. I has a more depth and that great sweet WT profile, you did yourself just fine picking one up...if you open it and don't like it PM me I'll send you a self addressed box to send it in :lol::lol:!

Tony

I think so. Toss in some old # 8 as well.

The classic WT taste thrad is there, but the classic WT101 ritchness is not...

Now, WT101 is still a good bourbon.

p_e,

No, I look at that everytime I am at teh airpot (and the 12 yr when they have it) and want one. At $25 for the 8 yr, that is a good bargin.

Let us know how you like it...

i have had the export 8yr old WT 101 and it is much better than the current NAS WT 101. I has a more depth and that great sweet WT profile, you did yourself just fine picking one up...if you open it and don't like it PM me I'll send you a self addressed box to send it in :lol::lol:!

Tony

yeah, you know I think Wild Turkey has an inventory problem.

They are selling more than they should.

The current 101 (rocks only) and Kentucky Spirit (air it out for a week) are not at an exceptable level for me.

I have been going thru Rare Breed here lately like a fiend.

My last several have been WT-03RB, great bottles, I am going to look for more.

Oh, BTW, I started off with some WTKS.

I opened a new bottle, dark wood from '06 because I have a major reason to celebrate.

I can't say what that is now but I am very excited about it.

Details later.

OGD114 followed by ORVWFRR. Hercules double IPA with my dinner and finally a fernet branca.

Leif.

Sounds like a perfect afternoon/evening,... that's good,...

OK, so I am into that RHF's I mentioned a few posts ago, neat.

I think I will have to call Julio's for more.

The mentions of RHF reminded me that I've got a bottle on the bar that's been neglected for a long time.

Ahhh.... nice stuff!

I am watching the Phils try to clinch the NLCS tonight against the Dodgers

and enjoying Weller 12...I like the 12 more and more each time I have it.

-Joe

Four Roses Single Barrel from the early 2000's, my first purchase years ago! May have to bring this bottle with me to the distillery. I would love to find another that taste like this one!

Tony

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!