Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I finished off the last of my one and only bottle of 2008 William Larue Weller 125.3 proof. Delicious wheated bourbon to say the least.:yum: This was my first experience with a barrel proof wheater and it was love at first sip.:kiss: You will be missed my friend :cry: and with no more in the bunker I will move on to the 2009.:)

A Weller Centennial Louisville fit the recycle bin this morning. Fortunately there are some more in the bunker.

Back in August when Weller Centennial was the bourbon of the month, I opened a Louisville and a Frankfort for a scientific comparison. I've had several tastings and I could not appreciate any difference between those bottles.

I am saying good-bye to my first bottle of 2010 Thomas H Handy as I type, I have 2 more and a couple Saz I haven't opened.

I don't see how some of you guys have BTAC editions going back several years, I can't leave it alone.

Said goodbye to a bottle of OGD 114 last night. I'll miss that big ol' cork (but probably not for long, though, it'll be replaced in due time).

...Back in August when Weller Centennial was the bourbon of the month, I opened a Louisville and a Frankfort for a scientific comparison. I've had several tastings and I could not appreciate any difference between those bottles.

Said goodbye to a bottle of OGD 114 last night. I'll miss that big ol' cork (but probably not for long, though, it'll be replaced in due time).

Me too. Fortunately there was another one waiting to take its place.

Last night I just finish of a bottle of EC-18 1992 dump date.Glad I have more in the Bunker.

Regards,Mike

I recently bought four new bottles so that means I'm going to have to finish off my last drops of I.W. Harper, EW 7 yr, FR yellow and Old Overholt. I'm really reluctant to finish off bottles because I like to compare what I have to my new purchases. It'll be interesting to compare the EW 7 to JB Black and Buffalo Trace and FR black label, for example. Anyway, time to clear out the old to make way for the new. The bottles they are a changin'.

Finished off a bottle of Old Charter 10 year old last night. A Rit BIB will hit the recycle bin tonight. They both will be missed and will be replaced soon.

Finished my bottle of the 2000 EWSB. It was actually a little disppointing. I loved the 1999 bottles I had.

Rebel Yell Reserve... actually a pretty easy to drink wheater for under $20. Not sure I will replace it but decent juice...

The very first bottle of A.H. Hirsch 20yo that I owned and opened bit the dust tonight while in the chat room. I was lucky enough to share this bottle with many SB.com members, most recently with Jeff Yeast.

In view of recent developments, I guess I should add that I enjoyed my last $90 pour!!!

Finished off a liter of ER 10/101 NOLA and a liter of ER 10/101 Frankfort in the past week...I had about an ounce left in each bottle and I allowed myself to finish them both! :)

I finished off an ER 101 Frankfort this morning.

To think that a decade ago it was easily available at less than $20/bottle.

How times have changed.

Er 101 was less than $16 here and when it was discontinued I went around and bought all I could find within driving range.

Er 101 was less than $16 here and when it was discontinued I went around and bought all I could find within driving range.

From a Texas monthly magazine ad from 1976 (previously posted here http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14743&highlight=texas+magazine+eagle+rare) the Eagle Rare 101 introductory price was stated to be about $10 which is $40 today. $20 ten years ago is $25 today, so it certainly did not retain its initial expected retail pricing between 1976 and 2001 and you guys were getting a great deal.

Finished up a 2009 ER 17. Not really impressed when I first opened this bottle, but it got much better with more air. The last pours were shared among very good friends and all agreed it was a great bourbon. No more in the bunker.:(

Another empty hit the bin. 2010 Old Forester Birthday bourbon. Not impressed by this one. Glad I tried it, but will not be buying it again. I think the OF Signature 100 proof is just as good and a much better value.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.