Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Knocked out a 2010 OFBB last night. Surprisingly I enjoy this years offering. The 2007 is obviously superior but this one reminds me of a extremely woody overpowering pour, much like Ezra Brooks SB. If it was under $30 I would purchase another bottle.

Said goodbye to an EW Black Label. Good stuff, can't beat the price. Will certainly buy again.

Finished off some Johnny Drum NAS. I had picked it up for close to $20, and I enjoyed it overall. Not enough to get it again due to a backlog of things I would like to try, but not bad. I actually liked it a lot better than Noah's Mill and Vintage 17, I just have not had much luck with the KBD offerings. Onto the next bottle.

Finished off a bottle of WR. I orginally bought it only because it was under $30. I found it to be solid, and if it was a couple dollars less expensive, I'd probably buy it occasionally.

Rittenhouse Rye 10YO BIB..... sad to see this exellent bottle bite the dust....

10YO? How old was that bottle?

A bottle of Buffalo Trace will hit the can tonight. I have two more in the bunker and the wife is bringing two more home with her on Sunday.

Finished up 2 turkeys tonight, a Rare Breed and a Russell's Reserve 10. Nothing too fancy, but the Rare Breed was very very tasty. The RR wasn't as good initially, but over time it grew on me some.

Shared the last pour of a Wild Turkey Tribute with a fellow SB'er.

The bottle will be missed.

I have a EC 12 and an OGD 114 that are racing to the bottom....One will win tonight; not sure which right now.

A BT hit the dust this weekend. Hadn't planned on finishing it, but some friends came over and next thing I know I drank it all :rolleyes:

One OWA to the recycle bin. Joe

They still recycle glass there? No one in a 30 mile radius recycles around us. I'm forced to throw it away.

I/we absolutely crushed a bottle of Old Forester Signature recently. It will be repurchased. Rittenhouse BIB also has made its way to the can. It also will be repurchased. I'm staring at a near empty bottle of WLW 2010 and hoping it magically refills itself.

Well a bottle of 1792 hit the can tonight and a Eagle Rare 10 is not far behind. If not tonight then it will be tomorrow night. I have several more of both in the bunker.

A bottle of Talisker 10yo scotch sacrificed itself last night to get me through the Caps double overtime.

One bottle of Redbreast 12 gave its all and went to its reward, or at least the recycle bin, last night.

Did not finish the Eagle Rare last night but tonight it will hit the can.

PVW 15. As the last drop left the bottle I think time actually stood still and I heard a baby crying. Or maybe it was just me.

Thankfully there are a couple more in the bunker.

I took my son to get a new power steering pump for his Jeep earlier today. Got home and had the last couple of pours from a liter of ER 101. It tasting good, but didn't lessen the sting of laying out $350+. Joe

Said goodbye to a Baby Saz and a PVW15 I had been milking for about a year and a half.

PVW15 with my father, two good last pours a piece for my birthday easter sunday grillout night with family. It was just perfect and glad to have spent that last drips of the bottle on tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.