What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Pouring some JPS 18yr-batch 14 tonight. It's still very early in the bottle, and need to set it aside for some air time to open, but the first two glasses have been very nice. Little wood heavy compared to what has been open lately on the bar, but not something I mind at all. Good to mix it up.

B

It gets better with air. My batch 14 was killer the first day or two then got really woody. Four weeks later and some of the upfront wood has subsided leaving behind a very nice drink.

2012 4RSBLE -- this stuff is delicious. My first time with this bottling, but not my last. Glad to have a back-up already in the bunker.

2012 4RSBLE -- this stuff is delicious. My first time with this bottling, but not my last. Glad to have a back-up already in the bunker.

That was some tasty stuff, thanks for popping a bottle so quickly. First experience with an "OE" recipe, still haven't found a 4R I dislike.

Had two Sazerac's last night with Templeton Rye. Great summer drink!

If only all weeks could be this good at the office. In baseball parlance, I'm seeing the ball good (baseball players don't say "well" :D) and hitting to all fields with power. Seems fitting to hit the WT Tribute. Without question, the best of the WT one-offs, IMHO.

104 in mid-Missouri today, and this afternoon was my only chance to mow the lawn this week. OGD 114 with an ice cube should re-hydrate me just fine, right?

Just a simple pour of some Mellow Corn tonight. Nothing special, but satisfying.

B

A friend dropped by unexpectedly last night with a bottle of Blanton's which was a nice surprise. We had a few pours and both felt this bottle was better than the last we had purchased, though it was so damned hot outside I had to throw an ice cube in the glass which I rarely ever do. Very tasty and refreshing!

Some 2009 OFBB. Nothing to get excited about.

Sent fro m my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Nice pour of parkers heritage 27 year. been open for a year or so. its lovely stuff

Just cracked a Willett 5yr Bourbon at 117proof for $42. Barrel#1583. Very sweet up front, in a good way.

SB Blend, tonight. Tinkering with my formula, and going a touch less on the OWA due to the temps. Bit-O-Ice, too. The McScrooge's PB of the OWA I'm using is so thick, rich and sweet, that I may have to turn it down even more on the next go 'round. McScrooge's can nail the honey barrels, for sure.

Just poured some Vintage 17 over a glass full of ice. A few weeks after opening this bottle and it seems to be coming together nicely. Not quite PVW, but reasonably close for a 17 year old bourbon. Good stuff, imho. Glad I have a bottle in the "bunker" as it is supposed to be disappearing.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!