What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Timing and location are the keys, one of my local stores sold out in 15 minutes and another hasn't sold a bottle until I bought 2 saz18s.. All the stores were allocated 3 bottles of each so it really isn't hard for the stores to sell out quickly.

Some places haven't even gotten their BTAC yet. I haven't heard of any NYC stores getting it in yet.

Minnesota is not getting BTAC/Pappy for 2 more weeks but apparently Wisconsin has already gotten their allocation. It just seems totally random.

Passed up WLW, Saz 18, GTS and TH. not by choice I didn't have enough points with Specs to get one so picked up the ER17.

Everything! Went to the state liquor store at lunch and it was closed due to Sandy. Even though we in the southwest part of PA didn't get hit very hard the state closed all the stores. Another reason the state controlled liquor bureaucracy sucks

Passed on a PHC 12 @ $100, seem like the same store gets it in my area and charges that same price, couldn't pull the trigger for that price.

Hudson baby bourbon whiskey and Hudson manhattan rye whiskey

75 bucks for a 375 ml bottle :slappin:

Passed on a PHC 12 @ $100, seem like the same store gets it in my area and charges that same price, couldn't pull the trigger for that price.

That has been what most stores are charging here in Michigan.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

One place I passed on a PHC 2012 at $119.

Then get this, this is funny a Pappy 15 at $249, crazy.

Best regards, Tony

One place I passed on a PHC 2012 at $119.

Then get this, this is funny a Pappy 15 at $249, crazy.

Best regards, Tony

Tony

Did you confront them on the price?

Tony

Did you confront them on the price?

I did actually. I go in there from time to time so felt ok talking to him about it.

He said he had to buy $4000 worth of Buffalo Trace product to get the Pappy so was charging extra to make up for what he had to spend on product that is going to take him a while to sell. I said I understand that he could charge what he wanted but it seemed like a lot. He said that he only adds about $100 to a bottle(which is way to much to me). I pointed out that the 15 yo is supposed to be 79.99 and that he was getting a lot more than a $100 more and he said he had people willing to pay it. More power to him I guess but I guess this confirms why I do not give him that much business.

Best regards, Tony

...but I told the clerk that if he was going to drink it he should watch out for splinters on his tongue.

Mmmmm...splinters on my tongue...

Were you anywhere near Gratiot and 29 mile? I've had similar experiences near there.

Not sure if you were asking me, I was in a shop in Novi.

Best regards, Tony

Not sure if you were asking me, I was in a shop in Novi.

Best regards, Tony

I was not sure why the quote didn't pull up. I'm seeing a lot more of people having a surcharge this year. I think the closest thin that I've got to state minimum was $10 over on some GTS.

That has been what most stores are charging here in Michigan.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking state min was still $80 on them, didn't realize it jumped to $90. Will probably go back.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!