What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It wet fast. I was on within 40 minutes and it was not letting place an order. I already got a Stagg and Saz so not too concerned but not sure I like how they did this rollout.

Their shipping charges are as retarded as their outdated and borderline non-functional checkout system.

I added a Saz and Stagg to my cart, entered my info, and the Saz went out of stock causing an error - I could not clear the Saz to complete the process. Their system cannot keep the items in my cart through the 1 minute checkout process? Good thing they sell booze and not software.

Edited by LostBottle

Their shipping charges are as retarded as their outdated and borderline non-functional checkout system. I added a Saz and Stagg to my cart, entered my info, and the Saz went out of stock causing an error - I could not clear the Saz to complete the process. Good thing they sell booze and not software!
Edited by petrel800

Their shipping charges are as retarded as their outdated and borderline non-functional checkout system.

I added a Saz and Stagg to my cart, entered my info, and the Saz went out of stock causing an error - I could not clear the Saz to complete the process. Their system cannot keep the items in my cart through the 1 minute checkout process? Good thing they sell booze and not software.

I agree. The Weller went "low stock or out of stock" and hung up my shopping cart making it impossible to complete my order with the Stagg and other items I had in my cart. Instead of Stagg plus the other stuff in my cart I bought nothing from TPS today because the Stagg was gone or in the process of being gone by the time the Weller issue went away. The checkout system needs an overhaul. Other merchants have systems that remove the out of stock item and process what's left in the cart. It's 2012, not 1998, checkout should be seamless. Very frustrating. Shipping seems a bit high though the lower prices and lack of tax make it moot.

JPS 18 @ $85, PHC 2012 @ $89 (love it, already have 2 but was shocked how much stock they had)

I'm going to have to defend the Partysource here. They are only 1 of 2 stores that I know of that offered BTAC on their websites. I was lucky enough to grab a Stagg as soon as the email went out also. I tried to add a Weller but noticed that had sold out as well as the Sazerac 18. Having been caught with the slow to checkout process with the other store I hurried through and got lucky.

There were 77 bottles of Stagg when I put mine into the cart. I looked back within 5 minutes and they were all gone.

I don't expect any retailer who is kind enough to offer these items online to invest in the Ticketmaster style systems to handle the traffic. It isn't a reasonable expectation given the high volume they have on these items once a year due to the limited supply and increased demand. I am thankful to PS for offering these online but am a bit surprised at the same time.

I'm afraid this in combination with the other store's online fiasco I witnessed along with K&l's policy for this year and everyone else's:

Demand is up for the BTAC, VW and all other high end releases.

Edited by BradleyC

I passed up BTEC Oats & Rice bottles yesterday. Was surprised to see them sitting on a NC-ABC shelf though.

Came across a few bottles of Hirsch Selection 20 year old American Whiskey. At $81.99 each I left them all on the shelf.

I passed up BTEC Oats & Rice bottles yesterday. Was surprised to see them sitting on a NC-ABC shelf though.

They're all over my part of town. I encouraged the local ABC board to start bringing in more of the limited releases....it backfired.

3 Bottles of Old Heaven Hill BIB (1L) , and 1 bottle of VOB BIB (750mL). That's what's left at Dicortes in Waco. Wish I had bought it all. I did get 1 OHH and two VOB. Kicking myself now that I've tasted both....

They're all over my part of town. I encouraged the local ABC board to start bringing in more of the limited releases....it backfired.

LOL... Well I'm sure BT is happy with it. Those bottles will make nice dusty finds for some bourbon newbie in about 10 years. Go back and sell your local board on bringing in some FR limited editions! Oh... and I noticed a lot of crap rye on your shelves too.

Passed on deep shelves of all the 2012 BTAC. At $90 each, I thought I would wait until I found it somewhere a tad more reasonable.

Hmmmm....

Maybe it's me, but there seems to be a wide range of BTAC availability. On the shelves, no less.

What event could have happened recently that one might attribute this to....?

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm....

Maybe it's me, but there seems to be a wide range of BTAC availability. On the shelves, no less.

Hmmmm....

No such shelf availability in Atlanta as best I can tell. I made the rounds of four different stores yesterday and came up empty, especially for Stagg and Weller, so I picked up the FR 2012 LE SmB instead.

Perhaps I am not going to the right places or schmoozing the right people but I have been able to get on the all important lists in the past. This year they all say they barely got any to begin with. I did see a couple of THH a week or two ago that I picked up (thinking they were 2011's at the time) but that seems to be more common.

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm....

Don't think so. TPS sold out all their bottles in 90 seconds, faster than the Spring VW release. A retailer near me told their entire allotment in 15 minutes without an announcement.

I don't know guys, I'm reading on these boards about a lot of people picking up BTACs on the shelf. More than I can remember from previous years...Even, in Pennsylvania, for Pete's Sake...

Listen, I ain't saying we're drowning in it. And, I know this is fodder for anyone who hasn't scored one yet to say "not true!". But, it just seems there is a wide range of folks, from a wide range of states, pickin' 'em up.

And, Utah!! ;)

Passed up PVW 23 because the store was selling for $399. Scored 12yr & 20yr and all BTAC!!! Paid to much, but couldn't pass the rest up.

I don't know guys, I'm reading on these boards about a lot of people picking up BTACs on the shelf. More than I can remember from previous years...Even, in Pennsylvania, for Pete's Sake...

Listen, I ain't saying we're drowning in it. And, I know this is fodder for anyone who hasn't scored one yet to say "not true!". But, it just seems there is a wide range of folks, from a wide range of states, pickin' 'em up.

And, Utah!! ;)

Ohio got a bigger supply too, especially Stagg!

Thomas

From the BTAC fact sheets here are the number of barrels for this year and 2011, which of course doesn't tell us the yield of bottles from each barrel (and how do they figure barrels on the Saz 18?) but not much variation.

Stagg-118 for 2012 and 124 for 2011

Weller-49 for 2012 and 45 for 2011

Handy-47 for 2012 and 41 for 2011

Sazerac-28 for 2012 and 28 for 2011

Eagle Rare-23 for 2012 and 24 for 2011

They vanished (mostly without making the shelf) as quick as ever here...nothing like the old days of even just 2 years ago where a few Staggs or Wellers did linger :grin: .

Edited by T Comp

Based on the their stated loss percentages and the bottle proofs, someone mathematically inclined ought to be able to figure out roughly how many bottles that amounts to. I am not a math person, at least not on a Friday...

I'm always surprised by the high numbers for Stagg, as it's the only one I've never seen in the wild around here.

Based on the their stated loss percentages and the bottle proofs, someone mathematically inclined ought to be able to figure out roughly how many bottles that amounts to. I am not a math person, at least not on a Friday...

I'm always surprised by the high numbers for Stagg, as it's the only one I've never seen in the wild around here.

Here's what I'm getting:

2012 Stagg: 10,962 bottles

2012 WLW: 4266 bottles

2012 Handy: 6581 bottles

I didn't do the other two because they're not barrel proof and we don't know what the proof was before dilution.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!