What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Distilled in Frankfort = BT.

Even knowing that, it could be of varying quality depending on how recent a bottling it is. Many people think that OWA went downhill for a while before the age statement was removed. To my taste, OWA got noticeably better when they removed the age statement. Hard to say whether it's still better now though.

Distilled in Frankfort = BT.

Even knowing that, it could be of varying quality depending on how recent a bottling it is. Many people think that OWA went downhill for a while before the age statement was removed. To my taste, OWA got noticeably better when they removed the age statement. Hard to say whether it's still better now though.

Anyway to tell the age from the label and bottle? I'm mildly interested to know. The shop owner said he had the bottles since before he moved to his new location which would have been sometime around 06 or 07.

I picked up several bottles of Elijah Craig 18 year for $25 each. Turns out that NC stores have it on clearance.

It's tough pinning the date down on the OWA's. You can look at bottle dates, and see if there is something there on the bottom. Also, look for a printed code on the bottle somewhere, usually in black ink small type.

I like the OWA's from the early 2000's, up till about '04. Then the NAS second, and finally the OWA from '04-NAS.

I picked up several bottles of Elijah Craig 18 year for $25 each. Turns out that NC stores have it on clearance.

Whoa, where is NC was this? Haven't seen any in Wake County in months.

My remaining OWA 7 year has a date stamp in the bottom of it. Have a look and see if yours does. The date is much less prominent than all the other numbers/letters on the bottom of the bottle.

This would give you a lower limit as to when it was bottled. There's no way to know the bottling date for sure though.

Like Young Blacksmith said, there's also a dot matrix code on my bottle. It's faint and hard to read but I don't know if that is just my bottle. If there's one of those on yours, it will tell you the day and year the bottle was made, again that's just a lower limit on bottling date.

Edited by HighInTheMtns

Anyway to tell the age from the label and bottle? I'm mildly interested to know. The shop owner said he had the bottles since before he moved to his new location which would have been sometime around 06 or 07.

On the top left hand corner of the label, pre. 2003ish bottles have the bottle no. field still visible but not filled in. If that's not there the. It's probably a post 2003 bottling.

Whoa, where is NC was this? Haven't seen any in Wake County in months.

Picked it up in Benson. They had six and I got four of them.

Purchased a Lot B at one shop and traded it to another shop for a Vintage 23 Rye.

Good trade! V23 isn't for everyone, but you can always get more Lot B.

Good trade! V23 isn't for everyone, but you can always get more Lot B.

Yeah I've never tasted the V23 rye, but I've been through enough Lot B's. Saved myself $30 by doing the trade.

Yeah I've never tasted the V23 rye, but I've been through enough Lot B's. Saved myself $30 by doing the trade.

$30? Either the Lot B was overpriced or the V23 was cheap. Regardless, crack that rye open and let us know how it is.

$30? Either the Lot B was overpriced or the V23 was cheap. Regardless, crack that rye open and let us know how it is.

I went HUGE today and got some Xmas shopping done, too.

2x Parker's Heritage Master's Blend '12

2x 4R Limited Edition '12

K&L Select single barrel Rock Hill Farms

K&L Select EWSB '12

Baby Saz

Dad's Hat Rye

I went huge today, too. Unfortunately K&L won't ship hard liquor to my location. So, it was just a case of TPS Selected FR1B 100pf. Hope I (and my friends) like it!

OGD114. I stopped at my neighborhood liquor store to get some beer for my wife, and was ecstatic to find that they're now carrying it. They'll be getting a lot of my business, between that and Ritt BiB.

Picked up one of the Bowman Small Batches that have been popping up.

So did I.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Went to some shops I've never been to...about 1-1/2 hours north. Got OGD114 at one shop, a MM handle and OWA at another. Nothing to get excited about in any of the shops...but I noticed all of them have gold label Heaven Hill on the bottom shelf, 80 proof. Don't know how likely it is that they'd be anything like my BIB OHH. I'll have to pick one up one day and see.

I went huge today, too. Unfortunately K&L won't ship hard liquor to my location. So, it was just a case of TPS Selected FR1B 100pf. Hope I (and my friends) like it!

I don't think you'll be disappointed Maui. Although I have not had the current barrel, I liked the previous one so much, I bought a case of it. With the $28.80/ bottle case price, an exceptional value.

Thanks for the comment. Four Roses just isn't available out here and with shipping I'm up to 4 sawbucks a pop, but that's K&L's nominal unselected price so I don't feel too squeezed.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!