Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, garbanzobean said:

Did you watch the specific videos I'm referencing?  I myself enjoy Ralfy's channel and am grateful to him for the knowledge he shares without pretense, but this series was painful to watch, and I am absolutely not the first person on SB to remark upon it.  But hey, maybe you enjoy watching him go on long rants based on factually erroneous premises like bourbon being produced from GMO corn; or spend significant time on three different videos questioning Four Roses' integrity, make silly assertions about their recipe system without making any effort to google it first, and positing that they source some of their bourbon.  I personally do not, and because Ralfy presents himself as a curious individual who is always seeking knowledge, I choose not to withhold my criticism of his intentional ignorance.

If anyone else feels that my offhand comments regarding smokybeast or Ralfy warrant further discussion, please do so in PM format so the folks wanting to talk about ECBP can do so relatively unmolested.

Bourbon is made with GMO corn by certain distillers. Are as Jim from Four roses says, due to cross pollination, even non-gmo corn has traces of the gmo corn in it. Only four roses, wild turkey and buffalo trace is all non-gmo. Four roses only does it because the asian market won't buy gmo products. Not that it matters gmo vs non-gmo but I think Ralfy isn't incorrect there. 

On ECBP, I still wish they used smaller corks, Every bottle I open ends up drying up and leaking to a certain extent. 

• 4 weeks later...

Any word on how the 136 compares to the 139.6 version??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2016 at 10:18 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

Any word on how the 136 compares to the 139.6 version??

I've actually got a bottle of both, but just opened the 139.6 and it hasn't been as mind blowing as older batches that I have sampled.

Just found a bottle of Release #8 - 139.8.  Plan to open it in the next several days to celebrate my daughters upcoming birthday.  Thoughts to follow...

I've actually got a bottle of both, but just opened the 139.6 and it hasn't been as mind blowing as older batches that I have sampled.

I need to check when I get home but thinking I meant 139.8.

Just now, Golferpimp1 said:

I need to check when I get home but thinking I meant 139.8.

I think that's batch 8 and I had a bottle of that and loved every sip of it.  I've got batch 11 (139.4) and 12 (136) now, batch 11 is what I just opened.

I think that's batch 8 and I had a bottle of that and loved every sip of it.  I've got batch 11 (139.4) and 12 (136) now, batch 11 is what I just opened.

Ok it's batch 11 (139.4) vs. Batch 12 (136) I'm asking about. 11 is the only one I've tried and I was blown away.

Hear people raving about the newer releases too. I'm one of those people too! :D

I hear ya though DnB. Maybe most of the newer guys just haven't tried earlier batches. Every batch has been very awesome IMO, but some are phenomenal!

15 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Hear people raving about the newer releases too. I'm one of those people too! :D

I hear ya though DnB. Maybe most of the newer guys just haven't tried earlier batches. Every batch has been very awesome IMO, but some are phenomenal!

The 136 proof batch is stellar!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just opened the 136 proof. Wow! The nose is amazing...vanilla, chocolate and even a little coffee. I'm going to air it for another hour and am looking forward to the first sip as I will have high expectations.

8 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Just opened the 136 proof. Wow! The nose is amazing...vanilla, chocolate and even a little coffee. I'm going to air it for another hour and am looking forward to the first sip as I will have high expectations.

What did you think of it?

i feel that batch 12 has been one of the real winners of ECBP

Oh man, I'm excited to hear batch 12 is yet another winner. 12 winners in a row from what I hear... I've only had batches 7 (7 bottles) and 11 (2 bottles so far), so I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for 12! 

As much as I love so many other whisk(e)ys, ECBP is still my all time favorite beverage. 

5 hours ago, IncredulousNosco said:

12 winners in a row

2 hours ago, meadeweber said:

Haha.  I was thinking the same thing.

That is funny. I quit counting a while back. This is the one HH product that always puts out. Always!

Edited by Louisiana
Spacing Quotes & Reply

• 1 month later...

Anyone see this in southern Wisconsin or Northern Illinois Please let me know as I would love to put hands and taste buds on one of these!

Thanks Fellow bourbon lovers.  

BigD

Picked up 2 batch 12's at Heaven Hill when we were there last month. Haven't cracked one yet until I finish the batch 6 open on my bar. This is one of the best bottles going in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/27/2016 at 7:01 PM, BMartin42 said:

Picked up 2 batch 12's at Heaven Hill when we were there last month. Haven't cracked one yet until I finish the batch 6 open on my bar. This is one of the best bottles going in my opinion.

Can I ask were they anywhere near retail?  Last time I was there in 2014 EC18 was like 280 and EC23 was 379 I believe.

BigD

I'm quite liking the batch 11 139.4.  Lots going on, and it can take a little water/ice very nicely.

Batch 10 didn't seem quite as well put together

Can I ask were they anywhere near retail?  Last time I was there in 2014 EC18 was like 280 and EC23 was 379 I believe.

BigD

There were overpriced but not insanely so. $79.99. I know that's high for ECBP but the only time I saw one in a store was $63.99 so I was willing to pony up.

2 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

There were overpriced but not insanely so. $79.99. I know that's high for ECBP but the only time I saw one in a store was $63.99 so I was willing to pony up.

Thank You!  I agree that is not as bad as I thought it would be.  I think a road trip on Christmas vacation may be my only option at this point.  Cheers!

BigD 

Thank You!  I agree that is not as bad as I thought it would be.  I think a road trip on Christmas vacation may be my only option at this point.  Cheers!

BigD 

Good luck. Hope they still have some then. FYI, it was a one per customer limit. I was only able to get two because my wife was with me.

10 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

Good luck. Hope they still have some then. FYI, it was a one per customer limit. I was only able to get two because my wife was with me.

OK, Many thanks for the heads up and Info,  Happy Holidays to you and yours.

BigD

• 5 weeks later...

I've only tasted batch 7 at 128 proof, which I really enjoy - not sure if it's been deemed the very good or phenomenal category.

Just saw ECBP for the first time in the wild ever today and picked up batch 9 at 135.6 proof & batch 12 at 136 proof.

Excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.