Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know if this is going to be an ongoing release, or will they end the run soon, now that EC12 is due to no longer be EC12? I would think they'd cut out the barrel proof stuff first before killing the general release, no?

12 minutes ago, humchan2k said:

Does anyone know if this is going to be an ongoing release, or will they end the run soon, now that EC12 is due to no longer be EC12? I would think they'd cut out the barrel proof stuff first before killing the general release, no?

HH has said this will allow them to make ECBP "a little more available" and even restart the store barrel pick program although with what is likely to be younger barrels. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Can certainly be good single barrels available that are less than 12yo.

The ECBP will be a twice a year release going forward I believe.

Edited by tanstaafl2

It's already almost gone in VA (and it seems like they either got less than they did with Batch 9, or are releasing it in stages).

I do find it such a shame, that some folks have nothing better to do, other than take cheap shots at the new guys... yeah, real classy, guys... keep it up...  I truly find your ignorance enlightening!!

2 hours ago, PorkPieHat said:

I do find it such a shame, that some folks have nothing better to do, other than take cheap shots at the new guys... yeah, real classy, guys... keep it up...  I truly find your ignorance enlightening!!

Nothing better to do? Ignorance?

It's evident that you don't know me.

Just chill and have a drink bro. Seriously.

3 hours ago, PorkPieHat said:

Nothing wrong with a little noob hazing.. 

Finally found a ECSB in middle GA, first one I have seen. It is release 10, 138.8 proof. I picked it up for $59.

1 hour ago, Thig said:

Finally found a ECSB in middle GA, first one I have seen. It is release 10, 138.8 proof. I picked it up for $59.

I meant to say ECBP but don't know how to edit the post. 

tonight enjoying lot 2 directly from the bottle.  a little messy but enjoying better than from my standard cognac glass

16 hours ago, Thig said:

I meant to say ECBP but don't know how to edit the post. 

On anything you have posted, presuming you are logged on, you should see an "edit" button right next to the "quote" button. Hit that and edit away!

56b771a51a48e_Editbutton.png.d76fe0f1d59

32 minutes ago, Thig said:

Does that work on tablets and smart phones also? I will look and see, I wasn't on the computer. 

It should. I've edited from my phone. 

Back to ECBP, I managed to get a batch 10. Has anyone cracked it open? 

Haven't seen Batch #10 yet. Finally acquired a few Batch #9's recently.

I have multiples of #5, #6, #8, & #9. They're all really good.

Unless anything changes I will always buy these!

Edited by Louisiana

I don't even pay attention to what batch I'm drinking anymore because they are all really good and really close to each other in profile and quality. If it's ECBP, it's good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have enjoyed all batches of ECBP I've had, and thought them to all be in the same ballpark, except one, but only slightly.  The 70.1% ECBP Hazmat was my favorite, but again, I'll take any ECBP I can find.  Amazing neat (in small sips), watered down slightly, over ice, or in a cocktail.

I would love to do a SBS on the various batches, but it's hard to come by, and I don't have much opportunity to open multiples of ECBP.

I love this stuff.  I just finished my 128 proof last weekend.  Time to pull out another one soon. This will be my fifth batch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or does the cork dry up and get loose in the bottle? I have a couple of these open and every cork fits very loosely. If it turn it upside down, it leaks. What's the deal with these huge corks??

8 minutes ago, bin31z said:

Is it just me or does the cork dry up and get loose in the bottle? I have a couple of these open and every cork fits very loosely. If it turn it upside down, it leaks. What's the deal with these huge corks??

I have noticed the same thing with my open EC12.  I like synthetic corks, so far they are the only caps I have not had leak on me.

yup, same issue here, most of my EC12 corks have eventually come loose.  my ECBP one came loose too, so I just replaced it with an EC12 one that I had just finished off and the cork was ok.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.