What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Man, you and Alden have civilized lunches!

It's the only way to go.

Thought I'd do something a bit different so I threw some ice in the Grand Dad.

I like my liquor with ice, but not too much. Just one, sometimes two cubes.

Right now, after dinner, I'm having some 4 Roses Sm Btch with a cube. I love this stuff.

WT 101 on the rocks as i watch the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. Yes it's not awful to be Old Dusty right now.

WT 101 on the rocks as i watch the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. Yes it's not awful to be Old Dusty right now.

I've seen a lot of those.

From Clearwater, St. Pete, Sarasota, Sanibel Island, Ft. Meyers, and Marco Island.

God's waiting room.

I've seen a lot of those.

From Clearwater, St. Pete, Sarasota, Sanibel Island, Ft. Meyers, and Marco Island.

God's waiting room.

God's waiting room indeed. Well said. And apropos to that description I am in St. Pete!

I'm having a mingling of 4R1B and the last sip from an OBSK 17 yr BS-- really quite good.

Are you sure it is OBSK? I'm aware of 17 yr OBSV, but not OBSK. If it exists I want to try it.
Edited by hectic1

Started with a lil 114 then EC 20 now OF Sig. What a waste of money on the EC 20, I bought when it 1st came out and I didn't really like it then, it has not gotten any better. In hindsight, 4-5 bottles of 114 or OF Sig would have been a much better deal...holy shit what a shot by Trey Burke!!!!!

Edited by OutlawSW

Are you sure it is OBSK? I'm aware of 17 yr OBSV, but not OBSK. If it exists I want to try it.

You're right, I rechecked the bottle. OBSV at 55.7%, bought at the distillery shop in July 2012.

label2_zpsa28d2b64.jpg

I switched to my HH blend of HH BIB 6yr, JTSB BIB and Ezra B 12. Absolutely delicious!

Edited by black mamba

Four Roses 2012 LE SmB followed by 2009 Mariage. The first taste of the Mariage was a little tannic and bitter, but it opened up nicely, and oddly reminded me somewhat of Sazerac 18...a good afternoon.

A little Elijah Craig Barrel Proof tonight. Pretty good stuff!

Me too.

Just tiny sips are all thats needed, explosion of flavors.

This bottle is going to last a long time.

Enjoying a healthy pour of SB blend on a rainy evening. But....about to switch gears.

No ECBP so I guess I'll have to settle with some FRSB 14yr OBSK,I think I'll manage.

Started with some Johnny Drum PS and finishing with some ORVW 10/90. Down to the last few ounces of it, and will miss it when its gone :-)

post-9652-14489818803718_thumb.jpg

Having folks over, the lineup for tonight's gathering. I'm planning on Elmer, and Beam Black, Old Rip, and some of my blend (OFBIB and Weller 12). But who knows cause everyone is suppose to bring a bottle.

About to pull some ribs off the big green egg. Going to enjoy it with some bourbon cornbread. Had a Sazerac and a manhattan with Willett 4 year rye while cooking. Going to enjoy a GTS with dinner

Making it a early evening tonight for bed, been a long couple of days, and tomorrow is no exception.

Some FRSB OBSK hitting the spot with a bit of water. Pretty good store selection.

Earlier in the evening meet up with B.A.O for a tradeoff, and he was gracious enough to share some Bushmills 16yr with me, along with a sample of some Surly Abrasive. Kind of funny to meet someone who lived in the same town as you in a small circle as this is. Even funnier is that his mom used to be my babysitter. The world gets smaller everyday.

Thanks for the hospitality Bart! Enjoy.

B

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!