What beer are you drinking, Spring 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got lucky today, while making a delivery to Whole Foods Market in Ann Arbor today I noticed they had a few bottles of Founders Doom in the beer/wine office with names on them for holding.

I went up front and they had none stocked for sale to the public.

I went back to the back and asked the beer department head about it and if he had extras could I get one.

He had a whole case unopened and he sold me two bottles.

OK, so how do they taste?

Ya gotta ask? Well let me put it this way, I ain't going to recommend Doom to anyone.

The grapefruit smell is gone. The grapefruit rind taste is gone.

It's replaced by a maple like mild wood flavor in the background.

Quick finish.

A big let down and a terrible thing to do to perfectley good Double Trouble.

Having a Dark Horse flight now at Arcadium Lex. Affair, Fore Smoked Stout, Raspberry Ale, and Salmeeyaki Oot Black Ale.

Hopslam and a Double Crooked Tree backer,feeling a bit "Hoppy" tonight.

Having a Double Crooked Tree IPA. Sure drinks easier than 12%. Really good stuff.

On that note, has anyone else been enjoying the mixed IPA 12 pack Dark Horse put out? I bought my second one today. Love those single-hop (citra, cascade and falconer's flight) IPAs!

I HATE IPAs and likely hate 99% of any beer mentioned in this thread so please take that in consideration before blasting me for this post..I am trying Third Shift Amber Lager (a pretend microbrew from MillerCoors) for the first time. I like it, so shoot me..

Chimay Red to start the evening then moving on to a KBS to finish,should meld with the temperature dropping over 40 degrees in the last 24 hours.No snow which is a good sign,Yet......

New Glarus IIPA followed by a Founder's Centennial...good beers! :)

Nothing sexy, a Stone Ruination and a 2013 Sierra Bigfoot.

Hey Ryan, I think it hit 90 at one point today. Cheers!

Having my first ever Oskar Blues Ten Fidy. Holy. Hell. This stuff is amazing.

Having the other bottle of Founders Doom and hoping for an improvement but I gotta stay with my previous opinion.

Enjoy By 5/17...an exceptional example of a west coast DIPA. Stone is doing it right with this one.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiyah! Some Scotty Karate on this cold, rainy day.

Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree followed up by a Lagunitas WTF while grilling on this beautiful cloud free day!I can see some deck time coming this evening with a fine cigar,spring may finally be here!:grin:

Spec's just started carrying Founders beers. I'm going to have to pick some up.

I had a few Hoptimum from the 2013 release yesterday. Pretty good, maybe not as much as last year. As an aside, I love the logo on that bottle so much.

A hearty KBS after a nice jaunt through the woods in search of Morels,the beer is a lot more enjoyable than the mud filled hike for sure.

A hearty KBS after a nice jaunt through the woods in search of Morels,the beer is a lot more enjoyable than the mud filled hike for sure.

Well, did you have any luck?

Well, did you have any luck?
I managed to find just north of 4 dozen,looks like steaks and mushrooms tomorrow night,now just to decide on what to pour after the meal.:grin:

Not a bad haul. Crazy jealous. That's going to be a great meal.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!