What beer are you drinking, Spring 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

KBS tonight while watching the Wings

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Carnegie Baltic Porter from Sweden of all places. Pretty decent and fairly low ABV at 5.5% for a porter. Not really a spring beer but then again it hasn't exactly been typical spring weather.

I had a Founders Double Trouble today.

It's about F'ing time, I don't like this late release date.

I wasn't in the mood for it but I bought two 4-paks.

I've been starting to work my way though some of this haul...

That's just a few days out on the road picking up odds and ends while visiting friends.:lol:

WP_000776.jpg?psid=1

DAMN.

i was just posting about my ONE beer at dinner tonight, Contry Boy Shotgun Wedding.

Sinebrychoff Porter I love this stuff,smokey,sweet,salty/briny and some good bitter chocolate notes.Damn this stuff is begging for a big piece of pork to be paired with it.

It was a good day for the beer bunker. I had a few samples at Hill Farmstead and The Alchemist.

beer.JPG

Things are cooling down here, didn't make 70F today so the heavier beers are getting a run.

A 750ml of coopers best extra stout. Good drinking but pretty sensitive to temperature.

Got a 2013 SN Bigfoot if I'm still thirsty after dinner.

Beer floats at Lex Beerworks. Vanilla icecream and Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout.

Innis & Gunn Rum cask scotch ale and Irish whiskey cask stout. Preferred the Rum cask scotch ale over the stout which seemed to have minimal barrel influence leaving just a fairly basic stout in the glass.

A couple of 22 oz Dragonfly IPAs from Upland last night.

Enjoyed a few Zombie Dusts today while hosting the family for Mother's Day.

Last night I had the misfortune of drain pouring my first infected Peruvian Morning BBA Coffee Stout from Central Waters. This is the second year in a row that they've had this problem with souring this beer. My first four were fine, but I'm definitely nervous about the 10 bottles that I have left....

Cracked open a can of Heady Topper...and yes, I poured it into a standard pint glass! :shocked: Just delicious. A world class DIPA and one of the best available for this palate.

New Holland Pilgrim's Dole Barrel Aged Wheatwine Ale. Big name. Big flavor. Complex, heavy stuff and I'm loving it.

While Guinness Foreign Extra is my usual go to beer, I fill out my selections with Saint Arnolds, Samuel Smith, Arrogant Bastard (particularly the Oaked, when I can find it)m and have had good experiences with the Samuel Adams Barrel Room Experimentals.

Rarely drink beer/ale any more now that I focus on bourbon/whiskey but when I do I usually drink Sun King Wee Mac (Scottish Ale). It made by Sun King Brewery in Indy. I know that it is available in Indiana and I believe Ohio. I also like Three Floyds "Robert the Bruce." Another Scottish Ale. Kind of a trend I guess.

Getting ready to brew a DIPA Friday night at Big Brews and Blues festival for the DRAFT club demonstration. We are starting with an extract DIPA kit, but kicking it up a bit with oats and honey, and additional hops of course! So last night I blended Hopslam and Surly Abrasive in varying ratios. Both are good, I prefer Abrasive to Hopslam, but the 2:1 Surly to Bells was exquisite.

It's Randall night at LexBeerWorks, having an espresso infused Founder's Porter. Delicious.

I couldn't decide what to order at a local bar, so I scanned the list of offerings on tap and picked one called "Victory at Sea" because I liked the name. I later learned that it's a coffee vanilla porter brewed by Ballast Point. Frankly, if I'd known what it was, I probably wouldn't have ordered it, which would have been a shame. I don't usually go for heavier, dark beers but this was just fantastic -- a great balance of sweet and bitter with a delicious finish and a nice, oily mouthfeel. I'll definitely be on the lookout for this one again.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!