What Did You Pass Up Today? Spring '13

MyOldKyDram
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thought the Red Hook was pretty highly regarded, but never had it so who knows.

Red Hook probably but could be Bitter Truth as well.

Edited by squire

Vintage 23 near me is $96, but there's no way I'd even pay that. I think it's the worst expression of an aged rye, though a Lenell's Willett bottling comes close.

I liked the V23 rye, very spicy with heavy oak. It's not for everyone, other rye aficionados also don't like it, but I'm in the happy minority. I'd buy the V23 rye at that price.

Bitter Truth Rye, probably.

My understanding is that Bitter Truth rye was produced for sale in Germany. Some may have been made available in the States, but that was a German company IIRC. Red Hook Rye was the LeNell bottling that I've heard of. Both were 24 years of age. I've never seen or tasted them, but I'd love to remedy that.

Yeah, after I thought about it I went back and edited my post to include Red Hook. My understanding is BT was a German release but seem to remember some tasting comments about it here in the US. BT occurred to me because I thought the Red Hook was fairly well received.

I liked the V23 rye, very spicy with heavy oak. It's not for everyone, other rye aficionados also don't like it, but I'm in the happy minority. I'd buy the V23 rye at that price.

I'm with you, I don't care what people say I love V21 and V23 and find them some of the best ryes I have ever had. And I've had a few.

Vintage 23 near me is $96, but there's no way I'd even pay that. I think it's the worst expression of an aged rye, though a Lenell's Willett bottling comes close.

I disagree you'll have to tell me where in dc and Ill have my people grab it because I really like V23. I think the hirsch ryes have been the worst aged rye I have had.

The other day I saw a couple of Elijah Craig 18yo on the shelf and I passed on them but I keep thinking about them.

Well if you start dreaming about them Oscar I'd say the decision has been made.

The other day I saw a couple of Elijah Craig 18yo on the shelf and I passed on them but I keep thinking about them.

If they were for the original, standard retail price, I say bring 'em on home. I fear the next time we see EC18 it's going to have a price tag that has gotten much sturdier.

Don't fall into my old mindset and decide two weeks down the road,go back and get them before they are gone,you know you want to.

Having never seen v23 anywhere I'd buy multiples at that price. It ain't getting cheaper. I'd buy any EC18 too as long as it was around 50. I did some hunting today and all I found was a price tag for Hirsch 22.

Well if you start dreaming about them Oscar I'd say the decision has been made.
If they were for the original, standard retail price, I say bring 'em on home. I fear the next time we see EC18 it's going to have a price tag that has gotten much sturdier.
Don't fall into my old mindset and decide two weeks down the road,go back and get them before they are gone,you know you want to.
Having never seen v23 anywhere I'd buy multiples at that price. It ain't getting cheaper. I'd buy any EC18 too as long as it was around 50. I did some hunting today and all I found was a price tag for Hirsch 22.

They were priced at the state minimum $44.85 plus 6% sales tax.

You guys are right, I think I'll pick up at least one of them next week when I'm back at work, the store is in that area.

You guys are right, I think I'll pick up at least one of them next week when I'm back at work, the store is in that area.

There you go,that's the spirit!You can now NOT regret it later!:grin:

Sounds like a plan Oscar if another hunter doesn't get them first, they're in season 'ya know.

That's awesome! I would jump on at least one. Nice find!

I passed on Four Roses something or another. They had a tasting at our local liquor store. My wife thought I was to busy to stop by since our son graduate college today. I would have bought something. The tasting included the standard Four Roses, the small batch and the single barrel. I would have walked out with something, even though I am heading to TN/KY this week. It just isn't polite to taste and run, even if you buy something else.

Of course, junior is out drinking his share tonight!

ER17 for $169 2012

ECBP for $59

Kidding me right. Skipped.

I'm now on their PVW list but not likely I will be buying here though. Just want to see what they will be asking for.

I passed up a PVW15 for $200 and a PVW20 for $300 while traveling through GA today. I just had to laugh to myself at those prices.

Passed on three Weller Special Reserve with 7 year age stated. Should this be pick up? ~$low twenty

Yes, if they fall within your tastes preference now would be the time to get them because they ain't making the 7 year any more.

Yes, if they fall within your tastes preference now would be the time to get them because they ain't making the 7 year any more.

Thanks for the insight. I can't drink OWA at all (tried two pours six month in between) but kind of like Weller 12. Should have pick one up to try.

Thanks

Hugh

Passed on 3 bottles of 4R 2013 LESB @ $73 per. Seemed like an OK price, but still did not jump.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!