What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally purchased my first bottle of OWA. All I can say is WOW. The flavors are intense. Paid $23. It will be on my shelf forever.

Finally purchased my first bottle of OWA. All I can say is WOW. The flavors are intense. Paid $23. It will be on my shelf forever.

Picked up a couple bottles of the EWSB 2003 Vintage. Tried this year's release for the first time the other night and loved it. Of course, being that it's single barrel I could hate these two bottles but I'm willing to take that chance given the cost. And if I don't like them they'll be dusties in 10 years and I can put my kids through college with them.

Not a tough decision to pick up a few 4R single barrel gift sets. $28.99 at Liquor Barn in Lexington.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I grabbed a Wild Turkey Tradition for $89 while shopping for paper label WSR for another SBer. That's the cheapest I've seen it. So, I figured it was "now or never."

Nearly done with my first bottle of PHC POH and since it appears to have made a brief encore locally I picked up another one while the picking was good. A good whiskey for good cause seemed worth a little extra expense.

Nearly done with my first bottle of PHC POH and since it appears to have made a brief encore locally I picked up another one while the picking was good. A good whiskey for good cause seemed worth a little extra expense.

I almost picked up another one of those today, too, Bruce. Maybe, I'll go back tomorrow. Instead, grabbed a Beam Signature Spanish Brandy Finished and a Collingwood 21 yr Rye.

Edit: Don't know why I typed Sherry Finished before...:crazy:

Edited by smokinjoe

I almost picked up another one of those today, too, Bruce. Maybe, I'll go back tomorrow. Instead, grabbed a Beam Signature Spanish Brandy Finished and a Collingwood 21 yr Rye.

Edit: Don't know why I typed Sherry Finished before...:crazy:

I am looking forward to picking up and trying my bottle of cologne, probably tomorrow!

Curious to hear what you think of the brandy finished Beam. Have you tried it before? Doesn't seem to be exactly flying off the shelves.

I am looking forward to picking up and trying my bottle of cologne, probably tomorrow!

Curious to hear what you think of the brandy finished Beam. Have you tried it before? Doesn't seem to be exactly flying off the shelves.

It's not just brandy finished, though, correct? It's actually a brandy/bourbon blend... at least that's how I'm interpreting the descriptions.

It's not just brandy finished, though, correct? It's actually a brandy/bourbon blend... at least that's how I'm interpreting the descriptions.

I believe that to be the case. I didn't particularly enjoy the first pour out of my bottle but the second pour onwards grew on me quite well.

I second Jeffery's recommendation of the SB Blend. I love OWA neat, but love it even more in the SB Blend :)

From what I've read, you are correct. The label on the bottle says, Bourbon Whiskey Finished With: Rare Spanish Brandy, but it's not a "finish" like what we see in other rebarrelled for finishing whiskies. Rather, the brandy is mixed in to some proportion.

Answering Bruce's question, I have had a couple of small pours today, and I have to say that I quite like it. Gorgeous nose. Slightly sweet over the tongue. Not as thick as I would have thought, though. Above average finish. At $36, it's worth a repurchase for me.

I picked up the last 2 OWA single barrel store selection bottles from my local Liquor Barn. The regular OWA offering is pretty much my favorite bourbon, and this single barrel selection is even better!

My cologne is too woody and it wasn't even aged in a barrel.

I second Jeffery's recommendation of the SB Blend. I love OWA neat, but love it even more in the SB Blend :)

If I never learn anything else from visiting this board, and I learn something new almost daily, is that as much as I like WL12 and OWA, I like them both better together.

Not a tough decision to pick up a few 4R single barrel gift sets. $28.99 at Liquor Barn in Lexington.

Same rocks glasses as last year?

125th Anniversary glasses (2)

Nice! Will have to watch for those. Have a set from last year that I really like.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!