What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EC21 at $140, JPS21 at $120, and PHC7 at $99. I really love the PHC7, but not at $100. I might spend that if I knew $40 or $50 was going to ALS. I'd rather write a check, though, and leave the bottles for someone else.

Passed on some 2012 BTAC THH while coming back from Connecticut. $99.00/bottle meh. They did have 3 botle of Elija Craig Barreel Proof at $42/bottle. I haven't sene it anywhere else so I'm not sure f that is a decent price or not, so I passed on it as well.

It was $39.99 in NH and is sold out. $42.00 seems not too bad. You should jump on it.

Ted

EC 21 at $150 since I have a 20 and my single malt purchases today (see foreign whiskey forum)

Passed on WH Harrison Governor's Reserve at $65. First time I've seen it around here. Barrel proof but NAS.

Passed on WH Harrison Governor's Reserve at $65. First time I've seen it around here. Barrel proof but NAS.

Indiana Bourbon! Distilled at MGPI and produced in Brazil, In (IIRC)

They do have a limited edition age stated but its hard to find and north of $100.

Indiana Bourbon! Distilled at MGPI and produced in Brazil, In (IIRC)

They do have a limited edition age stated but its hard to find and north of $100.

Yep, one of the larger chains in Indy had it in their glass case behind the counter. It is called WH Harrison Presidential Reserve. It is supposed to be aged 16 years. It was like $130. I passed on it.

http://www.harrisonbourbon.com/grouseland.html

Lots and lots of PHC7 at $99. I have no doubt it's good but $100 is just too rich for my blood.

High West 21 rye @ $115. Only thing I could recall about it was that thread about mixing it with Ritt.

High West 21 rye @ $115. Only thing I could recall about it was that thread about mixing it with Ritt.

Huh? :)

That's a great price. Just to be sure, most people consider that it's a good and unique offering.

Cheers

Several 2013 OFBB, already have a few.

2011 Woodford Masters Collection Rye Set

Parkers Heritage 2013 Release

Hope this isn't overstepping on my part, but it seemed time for a new thread.

Thanks to knowing where to go at this point, and generally great local store selections, I pass up on a lot of stuff all the time. You also can't buy everything, right?

OFBB 2013 - 44.95 pretax. Might go back for that.

FRSMB2013 - 79.99. I already have 2 and I want others to have the pleasure.

ER17 2012 - 299.99. I laughed and left.

Unforgiven - Nuff said.

Michters 10 - Multiple batches. 67.99. Never had it. Was intrigued, but that's a lot for something I'm not familiar with. A friend gave me a bottle that I need to crack soon. Might go back then.

Hope this isn't overstepping on my part, but it seemed time for a new thread.

Thanks to knowing where to go at this point, and generally great local store selections, I pass up on a lot of stuff all the time. You also can't buy everything, right?

OFBB 2013 - 44.95 pretax. Might go back for that.

FRSMB2013 - 79.99. I already have 2 and I want others to have the pleasure.

ER17 2012 - 299.99. I laughed and left.

Unforgiven - Nuff said.

Michters 10 - Multiple batches. 67.99. Never had it. Was intrigued, but that's a lot for something I'm not familiar with. A friend gave me a bottle that I need to crack soon. Might go back then.

Where in New England are you Wryguy? I can never find any of the Four Roses stuff at any of my stores in my area, I might need to make a road trip.

Where in New England are you Wryguy? I can never find any of the Four Roses stuff at any of my stores in my area, I might need to make a road trip.

I left 1 bottle behind in the Hartford area. NY hasn't received it yet, but I'm sure there will be plenty of bottles floating around there in about a week and a half. Best of luck!

Forgiven @ $49.99 but at least she had corrected the $104.95 price she on it two weeks ago.

Also some 13th Colony Bourbon @ $22.99, she also had some other new NDP's but this morning I can't remember the names. It appears there are lot enterprising folks getting in on the Bourbon wave.

Passed up some Stagg Jr as I am already sitting on a few and picked up a Old forester Birthday instead.

knob Creek for $20.99. Visiting my daughter in the Lake Tahoe area this weekend. We had to stop at a grocery store for a few things so while the girls were picking up some food I checked out the liquor department. They were having a sale where you got 30% off if you bought 6 bottles of a given spirit, but unfortunately it was just the usual suspects. The KC was the best deal

I saw some FRSB 2013 LE @ $65. I thought about getting it, but got cold feet as I usually don't spend that much for one bottle. I read the posts about it in the premium / specialty forum. I wasn't convinced to get it, or not get it. What do you guys think?

If you like 4R then get it. It's a very good pour and only about $10 more than a gift shop bottle at that price.

I saw some FRSB 2013 LE @ $65. I thought about getting it, but got cold feet as I usually don't spend that much for one bottle. I read the posts about it in the premium / specialty forum. I wasn't convinced to get it, or not get it. What do you guys think?

That's a killer price compare to prices here. I'll say worth a bottle to try.

I bought one at that price about a month ago, very good bourbon. I say go for it!

If i'd found at that price, i would have bought more shelving!

In my travels today, PHC 7th @$99, EHT BP @$65 and not strictly bourbon...but Lot No 40 2012 @$55. I have my CDN whisky mule bringing some from the LCBO for $36 thank you.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!