What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Half dozen ECBP. I have some in the bunker, and some more coming. Need to think about this one.

Also passed a EC21. BUt I think I'm going back for it. I looked at dating, and I'm pretty sure that I have some EC18 that were distilled on the same date. If they are the same, that will seal the deal. Have to reunite the family back together.

At least, it's neat to think of it that way.

B

Passed up a ton of stuff at a store in DC for obvious reasons. A few standouts:

-OFBB13 for $90

-4RSB 2013 for $150

-28 yo Willett for @570

Can one kick themself for passing on a 1L of whiskey priced at $9.99? Yes. I am, Now. Just cuz I didn't feel like checking my bag with the Old HH 8 yr in it. Jack ass...:rolleyes: But, I Shall Return!!!! :D

Can one kick themself for passing on a 1L of whiskey priced at $9.99? Yes. I am, Now. Just cuz I didn't feel like checking my bag with the Old HH 8 yr in it. Jack ass...:rolleyes: But, I Shall Return!!!! :D

Joe said it was at your Moms house, but she hides it from you.

what are you, 12?

Joe said it was at your Moms house, but she hides it from you.

You should see what she hides from you :)

But if you could hook me up with some VWFRR I'd be most appreciative.

come back when youre of legal drinking age!

I saw Angel's Envy bourbon for the first time locally. I was intrigued but since its only 86.6 proof I decided to pass.

Does this mean that BTAC has hit GA? I'm still waiting for Four Roses LE in Augusta / Savannah...

Eagle Rare 17 @ $80 just becuase I haven't seen anything on here lately about it.

I saw Angel's Envy bourbon for the first time locally. I was intrigued but since its only 86.6 proof I decided to pass.

im not the only one who will pass on low proofers!

Does this mean that BTAC has hit GA? I'm still waiting for Four Roses LE in Augusta / Savannah...

im not the only one who will pass on low proofers!

I'm okay with low proofers as long as they're priced like low proofers. E.g. EWSB is only $19.99 here and that's a perfectly respectable price for an 86 proof bourbon. But for the premium Angel's Envy charges, no way is that low of a proof acceptable.

I picked up a WLW 2013 last week in GA so some of it is here. Waiting to hear if Stagg comes in and also FR 2013 Small Batch LE

One of my stores said they were expecting the Stagg soon.

Passed up $75 stagg jr and $50 baby saz. A shame really, that particular store hasn't marked up like that before. Bought 3 bottles of stagg jr 2 weeks ago at $49 each, and most other stores in my area that sell baby saz let it go for 25-30.

Asked around alot about btac releases and mostly drew blank looks...

Passed up the Knob Creek maple smoked. I have read several positive reviews, but not sure if ready for a whole bottle of flavored bourbon/whiskey. I have sampled Jack Daniels honey and Red Stag cherry, but just 50ml sample bottles. Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare instead. Have not tried. Read many good reviews.

Just regular old Four Roses Single Barrel for $120...I'm not kidding.

Total Yin Yang here for the smj's bro...:lol:...I passed on regular old Our Roses Single Barrel for $29 (low for this area, but I'm flush with it now), today...:lol:...

Passed on a Stagg Jr. priced at $159. Maybe the store owner thought he had the BTAC GTS? A few other local stores have sold through their Stagg Jr. at no higher than $50/bottle..

Hirsch humidor edition for $1350. Was tempted to ask the staff of this store what they knew about it for kicks.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!