What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hirsch humidor edition for $1350. Was tempted to ask the staff of this store what they knew about it for kicks.

Oops. Down from $1500.00. Must be on sale :laugh: what's the world coming to?????

Browsed a local shop which had everything marked up quite a bit. I was very amused by JPS21 at $250 and Michter's 10 for $150.

Passed on Wathan's, Old Medley, Hirsch Small Batch. The NDP parade. (After I bit on a Willett FE so they still got me.:grin:)

I passed on Four Roses single barrel selections OBSK, and OESF for $50, and OFBB 2013 for $47. I already have a FRSB 2013 LE open that is OBSK. To me it's just ok. I've tried several years of OFBB in the past. Honestly, I think I much prefer Signature, regardless of price. I think one day I'll try a Four Roses OE mashbill just to satisfy my curiousity. To me the OB mashbills I've tried (OBSV and OBSK) taste like drier versions of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

Jefferson's Chef's Collaboration, a bourbon-rye mingling, a la Bourye, 44.99. I was intrigued, but I passed for now.

Edited by Wryguy

Jefferson's Chef's Collaboration, a bourbon-rye mingling, a la Bourye, 44.99. I was intrigued, but I passed for now.

I've been on the lookout for this for quite some time. Mind sharing where you saw it? Ed Lee is a pretty intriguing guy.

I also heard that retail was supposed to be closer to $39.99. I would pay that.

Any idea on age statement? Last time I talked to Trey it came up, but that was a year ago and I have forgotten.

I've been on the lookout for this for quite some time. Mind sharing where you saw it? Ed Lee is a pretty intriguing guy.

I also heard that retail was supposed to be closer to $39.99. I would pay that.

Any idea on age statement? Last time I talked to Trey it came up, but that was a year ago and I have forgotten.

I passed on Four Roses single barrel selections OBSK, and OESF for $50, and OFBB 2013 for $47. I already have a FRSB 2013 LE open that is OBSK. To me it's just ok. I've tried several years of OFBB in the past. Honestly, I think I much prefer Signature, regardless of price. I think one day I'll try a Four Roses OE mashbill just to satisfy my curiousity. To me the OB mashbills I've tried (OBSV and OBSK) taste like drier versions of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

3x Michter's 10yo barrel 2348

5x OFBB'13

5x PHC7

JB Sig Craft

WT Rare Breed & Forgiven

Jim Rutledge signed store selection FRSB*

EC21

Went with a store selection 9yo Willet single barrel bourbon at 122 proof instead.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk now Free

Lock Stock & Barrel rye for $109. Price was good compared to other places I've seen it but I just couldn't bring myself to purchase until I see more reviews. At this point its still a $110 wild card that could be better spent on 3 bottles of Jeff10.

I passed on those two new Beam products (12 yr and Spanish Brandy); however, they're intriguing enough to me that I'm sure I'll go back and get them eventually.

3x Michter's 10yo barrel 2348

5x OFBB'13

5x PHC7

JB Sig Craft

WT Rare Breed & Forgiven

Jim Rutledge signed store selection FRSB*

EC21

Went with a store selection 9yo Willet single barrel bourbon at 122 proof instead.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk now Free

Forgot this was the "passed" thread until your last sentence. The whole time I was cheering "yeah, yeah! Get it, man!"

I walked on some Stagg Jr's at the local place today. Too rich for my blood at $60+tax.

i havent seen any of this yet, hopefully soon. everyone has the 4 year rye, but nothing else

i havent seen any of this yet, hopefully soon. everyone has the 4 year rye, but nothing else

This store's single barrel rye selection is a 5 year. Not sure if it is barrel proof like the bourbon. Can't remember.

Lock, Stock, and Barrel rye @ $109 and both of the new Jim Beam offerings. I did buy some Founders Breakfast Stout, so it wasn't a total waste of a trip. :)

in LA for business, and found a store with a nice selection but high prices, not sure how much was California taxes and how much was markup...

Passed up:

Stagg JR at $80

EC21 at $170

EC20 at $150

Parker Heritage at $165

excited to find a Vintage 17 wheat version in the wild, was expecting a $90-100 price tag on it as it was a liquor store, not a chain store. Turns out I was way off... he had it marked at $169.99.

passed on the two new Jim Beams at two diiferent stores and unless I've over looked it I haven't seen any tastings of either posted here yet.

excited to find a Vintage 17 wheat version in the wild, was expecting a $90-100 price tag on it as it was a liquor store, not a chain store. Turns out I was way off... he had it marked at $169.99.

I passed on some OFBB for $43. Not an awful price and I'd like to grab another, but after my bourbon expenditures this week, I decided it wasn't a need. Headed to Vegas next month, so I've got to save some money. Also left a boat load of barrel 11 EC21 on the shelf at $130 / bottle. Again, not a bad price, but I'm still having heart burn on bringing one home.

I passed on some OFBB for $43. Not an awful price and I'd like to grab another, but after my bourbon expenditures this week, I decided it wasn't a need. Headed to Vegas next month, so I've got to save some money. Also left a boat load of barrel 11 EC21 on the shelf at $130 / bottle. Again, not a bad price, but I'm still having heart burn on bringing one home.

Brother, I agree with the pass on EC21 at $130. I suspect those bottles will sit for quite a while.

Four Roses Single Barrel, High West Son of Bourye, EHT Rye, more than the one bottle of PCH7 I went for in the first place...

Lock Stock & Barrel rye for $109. Price was good compared to other places I've seen it but I just couldn't bring myself to purchase until I see more reviews. At this point its still a $110 wild card that could be better spent on 3 bottles of Jeff10.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!