What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll be honest, the bourbon looks great, but it's the background that kept my attention!

-- Ravensfire

post-10005-1448982032273_thumb.jpg

found two of my favorite.....Dickel 9 year

and two 'ol reliable's...........HH 6 year 90

6 OVW 10 year olds,

IMG_2030_zps25105af8.jpg

and a confusingly labeled Jefferson's Single Barrel Straight Bourbon Whisky Very Small Batch bottled especially for New Hampshire. I guess Single Barrel would be a very small batch. 82.3 proof $25.99

IMG_2031_zps235586d6.jpg

Here are photos:

rumy9u4a.jpg9uzu6yby.jpgze2uqa4u.jpg5y4ubave.jpg

These are "I hate you pictures!" 99% for the warm sunny blue skies and 1% for the bourbon. Nice finds, didn't think there was much bourbon in the islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 OVW 10 year olds,

IMG_2030_zps25105af8.jpg

and a confusingly labeled Jefferson's Single Barrel Straight Bourbon Whisky Very Small Batch bottled especially for New Hampshire. I guess Single Barrel would be a very small batch. 82.3 proof $25.99

IMG_2031_zps235586d6.jpg

I'm not sure what part of JSBSBWVSB confuses you.

Now they need a cask-strength version. JSBSBWVSBCS

and a BIB version as well

Came across a couple of WT 80 proofs. Never tried it, but I figured they may be the closest I get to a "dusty" for a while, so I bough them. Any opinions on 80 vs. 81 (vs. 101)? I think 80 was younger at 4 yrs. old, but I'm not sure if the mashbill was the same.

Had a pretty good day, drove 2 hours to pick up some private selection Four Roses , and found some Van Winkle on the shelf at MSRP, left two for good Karma. Also grabbed a couple of newly dusty Charter 10's. In all:

1- Four Roses single Barrel, Private Selection, Barrel Strength - OBSK at 55.9% and aged 11 years 6 months

1- Four Roses single Barrel, Private Selection, Barrel Strength - OESF at 56.6% and aged 10 years 3 months

1- Buffalo Trace Private Selection from the same store, already have some from another store, but like to encourage shops to do this.

2- Old Rip Van Winkle 10 yr 107

2 -Old Charter 10yr for the bunker, getting scarce around here and I like to vat it with Charter 101.

2- Fighting Cock 103 6 yr for the bunker, since I like it and it still has an age statement...

1- Four Roses Small Batch. Haven't drank this neat since I was still at Bourbon and Coke last time I had some.

Came across a couple of WT 80 proofs. Never tried it, but I figured they may be the closest I get to a "dusty" for a while, so I bough them. Any opinions on 80 vs. 81 (vs. 101)? I think 80 was younger at 4 yrs. old, but I'm not sure if the mashbill was the same.

It's probably from the 90's and closer to 6 years old and I'm pretty sure Wild Turkey only has one mashbill for bourbon. Those bottles usually have a printed date code on the back label. I found some a while back and didn't really care for it. Other's would disagree with me though. There is a thread under Collectibles dedicated to WT 80 with the brown label.

Had a pretty good day, drove 2 hours to pick up some private selection Four Roses , and found some Van Winkle on the shelf at MSRP, left two for good Karma. Also grabbed a couple of newly dusty Charter 10's. In all:

1- Four Roses single Barrel, Private Selection, Barrel Strength - OBSK at 55.9% and aged 11 years 6 months

1- Four Roses single Barrel, Private Selection, Barrel Strength - OESF at 56.6% and aged 10 years 3 months

1- Buffalo Trace Private Selection from the same store, already have some from another store, but like to encourage shops to do this.

2- Old Rip Van Winkle 10 yr 107

2 -Old Charter 10yr for the bunker, getting scarce around here and I like to vat it with Charter 101.

2- Fighting Cock 103 6 yr for the bunker, since I like it and it still has an age statement...

1- Four Roses Small Batch. Haven't drank this neat since I was still at Bourbon and Coke last time I had some.

Nice haul Bob!

Edited by smknjoe

Private Selection 1792. Tasted this blind thanks to a friend and really enjoyed it so picked up a bottle.

Got a couple A. Bowman Last Millenniums in today. Split order with a buddy, only one is mine. I liked the Gingerbread so I'm eager to try this one, too.

Millennium-sm_zps5b383a93.png

post-9289-14489820327119_thumb.jpg

Just trying to fill in a few empty spots in my cellar I bought:

Booker's Bourbon 7 Year

Makers Mark 46

Old Grand Dad 114

Colonel E H Taylor Small Batch

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

For the bunker - EC12, OGD 114, and John J. Bowman Single Barrel (I have one open now and really like it).

Also - bought my first ever Dickel product - my bottle shop had a hand selected barrel run. Tasted a sample and it was pretty good - sweet start, spicy finish. AS at 9 Years and 107 proof. Will probably have a pour this weekend.

bought my first ever Dickel product - my bottle shop had a hand selected barrel run. Tasted a sample and it was pretty good - sweet start, spicy finish. AS at 9 Years and 107 proof.

You sure it wasnt 103 proof? the 9 year is 103 proof, unless your store chose its own barrel and specs......of which Id be interested to know!

the Dickel 9 is my favorite!

picked up the last 3 bottles of Staggs Jr....

IMG_20140109_192026_zpsgzxnkwyu.jpg

111+ bottles of Stagg Jr showed up in the New Hampshire Liquor stores in the last 2 days. I have eight bunkered all ready. Just don't need any more right now.

Ted

You sure it wasnt 103 proof? the 9 year is 103 proof, unless your store chose its own barrel and specs......of which Id be interested to know!

the Dickel 9 is my favorite!

Ooops, good catch. 103 proof. Glad to know you like it. The sample was tasty so I'm looking forward to cracking the bottle!

Ooops, good catch. 103 proof. Glad to know you like it. The sample was tasty so I'm looking forward to cracking the bottle!

it gets mixed reviews on here....seems to be a love it or hate it thing. I was indifferent at first, but after a few pours, its been the top of my list since. I picked up two more yesterday.

it gets mixed reviews on here....seems to be a love it or hate it thing. I was indifferent at first, but after a few pours, its been the top of my list since. I picked up two more yesterday.

Picked up a hand selected EC12, OWA and another bottle of FR LE SiB 2013 to trade. Ordered a bottle of ETL from K&L to pick up tomorrow.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!