Empty Bottle Support Group 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sent a store select EC12 Single Barrel to bin last night with a nice big pour. Moving in a month, so I am trying to thin the herd on some of my bottles with lower levels in them.

This is almost exactly where I am!

About to move and finishing my EC12. Trying to thin out the open 'herd.'

This is almost exactly where I am!

About to move and finishing my EC12. Trying to thin out the open 'herd.'

I'm also in exactly the same boat as you, just finished off an EC12 barrel pick yesterday evening and now working on trying to finish a standard EWSB 2003. I really enjoyed a barrel pick from K&L and decided to see what a "standard" release would taste like... I was kind of disappointment and it's one of the bottle I rarely reach for. But I have to make my push so I can crack open the Four Roses 2014 LE SiB as I need to thin the herd down as well.

Finally killed my Redemption High Rye Bourbon. Not sorry to see it go, will not be replacing.

on Thursday night, Ole Grand Dad kicked the bucket at the ripe old age of 100 proof. He was bonded and will be remembered fondly.

OGD kicked the B.

(I remember now that this is a Beam product, which would be the only Beam I've actually gone ahead and purchased so far.)

Another W12 and OWA gave all they had and I thank them both for their service.

a5ejagan.jpg

Lost another good one tonight. OFBB '13 finally have up the ghost after being nursed for the last few months. All part of thinning the herd before we move. I'm sure more will follow soon.

The horse couldn't carry the load anymore,had to put her down...Blanton's, doubtful if I will replace this one, mighty expensive these days, but quite tasty.

2013 WLW will be polished off tonight. This bottle was incredible, and got better as time went by. It was open for a couple of months.

2013 WLW will be polished off tonight. This bottle was incredible, and got better as time went by. It was open for a couple of months.

3uny9ubu.jpg

SAOS 10. This bottle was fantastic. Cant wait to open the 6 & 7 i have in the bunker.

3uny9ubu.jpg

SAOS 10. This bottle was fantastic. Cant wait to open the 6 & 7 i have in the bunker.

either you have little kids, or you drank that whole bottle in one sitting and then tried fingerpainting....

Was down to my last pour on a WTRB....and the cork decided to commit suicide (sheared off at the wooden topper). It was a brand new bottle bought no more than 6 months ago...could tell from first pop that the tapered neck was going to be an issue. Genuinely confused why they use that bottle shape.

Also said goodbye to a Wiser Legacy (then promptly replaced).

either you have little kids, or you drank that whole bottle in one sitting and then tried fingerpainting....

Twins. That means i can drink twice as much.

Evan Williams Single Barrel 2004, Canal's Family Selection, barrel #230, barreled on 02-04-14, lived to 06-14-14.

He was quite good for 86.6 proof.

The McKenna I recently opened tastes like a 100 proof version of this, but possibly slightly woodier.

I am hoping the non select EWSB 2004 will be nearly as good.

Twins. That means i can drink twice as much.

i think that means that you are required to drink twice as much!

put out a HH 6 90 for recycling. May be a while before its replaced, as I seem to have gotten back onto the high proof wagon with Booker's and WTRB

Finally finished that terrible bottle of Bulleit Rye... well to be honest there was about 1/4 and I just poured it out. Not digging the MGP/LDI 95% Rye profile. It was decent in a cocktail but I usually drink during the later parts of the evening and don't want additional sugars that late. The SAOS 10 year wasn't bad. I like it at first but by the mid bottle I found it a little pedestrian but still a nice pour.

post-11296-14489820996009_thumb.jpg

Finally finished that terrible bottle of Bulleit Rye... well to be honest there was about 1/4 and I just poured it out. Not digging the MGP/LDI 95% Rye profile. It was decent in a cocktail but I usually drink during the later parts of the evening and don't want additional sugars that late. The SAOS 10 year wasn't bad. I like it at first but by the mid bottle I found it a little pedestrian but still a nice pour.

I had the same results with the Bulleit Rye but most other MGP/LDI ryes I really enjoy.

I had the same results with the Bulleit Rye but most other MGP/LDI ryes I really enjoy.

Good to know, I've been holding back on purchasing the WFE Rye because I know that stuff is LDI.

I finished three bottles over the last week. None required extensive drinking since they were all 5 ounces or less. I finished two all-time favorites - FR OESK (TPS) and WFE 8-year, Barrel #6165. I emptied the former myself. The latter I saved a decent pour to share with a friend. I also gave the same friend the remainder of a bottle of Baby Saz. It was ok but it just wasn't a pour that I enjoyed well enough to pick it over anything else in the cabinet. I thought he might enjoy trying it, especially since he likes Manhattans and it works well in a Manhattan.

Enjoying a little, sharing a little and, more importantly, opening up some cabinet space.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!