Empty Bottle Support Group 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I forgot one. :rolleyes: A HH 6yr BIB is also now in the blue bin.

I like it. Great mix of old and new, top shelf and middle/bottom shelf.

I made up my mind a while back to cut back a lot on my buying, and to start drinking more of what I already have. As you can see, I have been enjoying myself. :grin:

Edited by fishnbowljoe

I made up my mind a while back to cut back a lot on my buying, and to start drinking more of what I already have. As you can see, I have been enjoying myself. :grin:

Recently emptied my first cask strength bourbon .. Booker's (Batch C04-A-28, 7yr 4mo)

This is the first Beam produced product that I have enjoyed. Always added at least a little water and on hot days I could really dilute it down to ease up on the heat but it was still enjoyable. Made for a great spirit-centric Manhattan or Black Manhattan (with Averna in place of red vermouth).

post-11079-14489820672958_thumb.jpg

post-11079-14489820672958_thumb.jpg

Been purging lately. Finished off varying levels of juice of a Bookers, OWA, ER10, RHF, Blantons, 2 BT and 2 CEHT SmB in last couple of months. Also effectively finished a PVW20, though out of necessity (it was starting to oxidize so I moved the last 4oz into two-2oz minis.) Will finish off a MM46 I've had for YEARS this weekend. Finally getting some room back for new bottles, it's nice.

Drained the last of a Knob Creek last night, it was by far the longest lived of any open bottle I owned. Started it before I got heavily involved in this hobby last year, so there have been plenty of new things to try that kept on pushing KC to the side. I've started to develop a fondness for Bookers lately, but KC had always been my favorite Beam product and these last three fingers were tasty. Good night, sweet prince.

Haven't even opened a new bottle to replace it yet. RHF is next in line for execution.

pushing KC to the side. I've started to develop a fondness for Bookers lately, but KC had always been my favorite Beam product

regular KC? I find the KCSB and Booker's to be fairly similar. I imagine I could only tell them apart if side by side.

I just finished a bottle of JB White. I've had it for a long time and have been using it for cocktails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished off private selections of OESO and OBSO. Still have the Vs and the Ks left...

Finished off a bottle of Stagg Jr. last night. I enjoy it and have a couple more bottles. Good value for a barrel proofer, IMO. No it's not Stagg and it's not even ECBP, but I think it's priced right for what you get.

post-9289-14489820686095_thumb.jpg

Blanton's, then BT, then ER10 on consecutive nights. Lots of dead buffaloes around.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Polished off a TPS Four Roses OESK tonight. Sad to se it go… but that opens room for something else!

Finished off a George Dickel 9 year tonight. It lost something in the last quarter of the bottle - a bit more bitterness toward the back and on the finish coming through than when first opened. It was opened maybe 3 months or so.

A bit of water smoothed that over and brought out the sweetness, so I probably drank the last quarter of the bottle between 90 and 95 proof. Still a very enjoyable bottle. Made me think though that the GD12 @ 90 proof might still be the best of the GD line for my taste.

ECBP 4th lasted only 3 weeks, yummy! Will open another shortly. One is always open.

yhumu4a8.jpg

OWA to the recycle bin. Modern production version which will get replaced by my last paper-label bottle from '08.

Polished off the remainder of Of Bib,and Old Crow reserve,not the best of bourbons by any means ,but they went well as a mixer,will not be replaced.They were just nice to have around.OT6 soon to follow.

Killed the bottle of Henry McKenna BIB last night, decided to open a Weller 12 and OWA to make a little SB blend to fill the empty spot on the bar.

Some HH6BiB just hit he bin. I really tried to like this but it's just not my cup of tea. I will purchase another but not something I will bunker for a rainy day.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!