What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Spring 2014

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bowman Brothers while catching up on past seasons of 24. Never watched it while it was on.

upuvu3u6.jpg

1941/1947 Old Taylor BIB, it's is coming off more rye like and way less sweet than 1980s/90s OT. Very unique whiskey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upuvu3u6.jpg

1941/1947 Old Taylor BIB, it's is coming off more rye like and way less sweet than 1980s/90s OT. Very unique whiskey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You never seem to disappoint and I can't say that I wouldn't have killed to be around when you cracked that bottle.

^^^^^Dang!! michaelturtle again affirms he is King of the Dusties.

I'm starting tonight with some nas James Pepper 1776 straight bourbon. It's an NDP that I would not have purchased on my own, but it was a gift and remember squire saying something about enjoying the whiskey that someone else has paid for, so I'm enjoying this one. It sells for something in the mid $20's so it's a good value. When I first nosed it, I thought it was a trick and that this was a rye. I see that it's 38% rye so hey, I'm starting to notice things.....

Popped open my first bottle of Booker's 25th tonight. Sipping on the first small pour right now. So far really flavorful but a bit hot. I really like the flavors.

I guess I'll be the early bird today lol. Took the day off for opening day to watch my Tigers. Starting off with ER10, moving on to WLW 2012.

Let's PLAY BALL!!

Go Cards! Nice to win on opening day. For post game, decided to have a pour of Larceny, because they stole that game from the Reds. This pour is very tasty and different from my recollection, being much more sweet and spicy than I recalled. Almost like someone dropped a cinnamon stick in the bottle.

Old Fitz BIB. I really like the stuff for some reason. I enjoyed one more, once more with a few Old Fashioneds last evening while spending some time with my lovely wife. She likes a wheater Old Fashioned too.

First some SAOS and now some CEHTSmb. Jeez both of these are just so smooth and easy sipping neat.

Maker's 46 at the hotel bar. Goin' great with the pulled pork sammie.

Having a nice 2 fingers of WSR and getting to watch the M's, and saying this for the 37th time hope this is the year.

Kenwood AE in the glass...I've never been a big finished bourbon fan but their blend is pretty good. :)

Popped open my first bottle of Booker's 25th tonight. Sipping on the first small pour right now. So far really flavorful but a bit hot. I really like the flavors.

Finished the night last night with a good sized pour of brown label WT80. Enjoyable. Good amount of powdered sugar notes.

Having some Calumet Farms, trying to finish this bottle off to make some room for others.

I've got some Elmer in my glass tonight from a bottle that has been all over the place with my palate and, its drinking hotter than its proof tonight.

completely take back what I said the other night about not liking the EWSB '04. It is delicious.

And compared to the '03, it is a beast.

Rittenhouse 25...I actually poured this last night and it sat for almost 6 hours while I had a work emergency. I covered the glass before I went to sleep and now I'm finishing it off and I'm actually enjoying it much more that I was last night.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!