What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Spring 2014

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Literally, just finished off my one bottle of JB Signature Craft Spanish Brandy cask stuff.

Where to go next . . . After all, no baseball on TV, and it's raining.

I'm playing around with some blending tonight. Microtastes of a bunch of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching a little basketball with a nice pour of BT/Stagg Jr. blended to 109 proof.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. If you were out at a bar and they offered it for $10 for a 2 ounce shot, you would probably be interested right? You get 13 two ounce shots per bottle so the bottle is worth $130. I suspect you paid less. You are a value drinker. :grin:

Well, when you put it that way... It's a good everyday drinker! Ha! It's seriously good stuff IMO. Would be better if cheaper but what isn't?

GS OBSO last night with basketball. Although not my favorite, a fantastic nose, plenty of candy spiced heat (for just over 107 proof) and some lovely floral notes.

CEHT Barrel Proof. Had a sip neat to start off, then added a little water. Whoops! A little too much water got in there......only one way to solve this, more whiskey in the glass to balance it out.

Much better.

Henry Mckenna 10 and Four Roses OBSO barrel strength. The Mckenna is very good, better than I expected but the 4R is superb.

Started off with some OFBB 08, while being only 95 proof, the alcohol takes front stage. Small splash of water later, the boozyness is toned and brings around a mild sweet fruity pour, a very nice transformation.

Finished the night with some PHC golden.

B

Started off with some ER10 in my coffee and now in my Bloody Mary's. Got to move on from this bottle.

Mingle of OGD 114 and OF1849. Was hoping the high rye (and higher proof) would help, but didn't care for the result. Followed it up with some ND Old Taylor 86, and all is right with the world :)

I popped a 4R Private Selection OBSV @ 124 proof last night. I have to say its a stunner. I've never had any interest in PS of the standard recipe just bc of the other options, but I'm glad I have this. It's incredibly spicy up front, but the finish has all the regular 4R flavors amped up to ten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cats game on and drinking some of my favorites. y4yjy5u8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some EHT small batch. Don't quite know what to think about this. Pretty woody to me. Also had some High West Campfire and liking this one. Seems heavy on the scotch, but can taste the bourbon coming through.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!