What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

From my special source, lucky to add more to my bunker, now I'm very well set for a long while.

uzanubud.jpg

Bazinga that's a score!! Well done.

Man what a score. That's more bottles than my two regular dealers were allocated together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14f2f24c-cbed-4e31-bbb0-a9de9a6a472b_zps1a82e4a6.jpg

good for you, BUT…..

that's crazy. truly. one Binny's here had 6 bottles of the 125th and they limited you to one; I think some might not have gotten any. 4R needs to rethink their allocations if places are selling 5 to one person.

You'll not like seeing what I saw posted on another forum yesterday:

A154DB4E-F094-4157-B173-F959D47E44D9_zpsayzpedit.jpg

Canada must've got a ton of it. And it was priced at $80 a bottle, which I believe is the exact MSRP it was here.

I bet Oregon got one or two cases, tops.

went for Rye of the Tiger and ran into a Promise of Hope in the glass case and couldn't resist one more. I also like the Baby Bourbon from Hudson and decided to grab one (okay, it's a half), too.

cracked open the Hudson BB and had a little pour.

e218e165-f276-4371-96c0-396c7689abaf_zps3987ccd8.jpg

6504ebba-2a27-41eb-818d-8fe5272b142d_zps10fec493.jpg

good for you, BUT…..

that's crazy. truly. one Binny's here had 6 bottles of the 125th and they limited you to one; I think some might not have gotten any. 4R needs to rethink their allocations if places are selling 5 to one person.

In Huge's defense, that's 6 not 5 of the SmB. ;)

Last year's release was 3 times bigger than 2012's. There was a TON more of the SmB last year. And a few people got a lot more than that without anyone "calling" them on it.

Grabbed some Old Forester 100. I'm starting to run out of stuff I've never tried.

I initially went in for some more OWA, but it was all gone. I've got a few bunkered, but of course now I feel like I need 4 more in case this BT availability trend continues.

I'm going to go grab my bottle of Booker's 25th later today. Let's see if it's worth $89...

Picked up a Private Selection Four Roses Single Barrel... OESV, 9 years 6 months, 121.4 proof.

Very fruitful weekend. Today I picked up the following:

HM BIB store select x2

EC12 store select x2

FRSB store select OESK 10yr 3mo 115.8 proof

FRSB store select OBSK 9yr 4mo 117.8 proof

And while traveling in TX this weekend grabbed:

Weller 12 x2

Bookers 2013-6 (at $45 I couldn't pass it up)

VOB NAS (never had this and despite the NAS wanted to try)

Of course the bottles in TX will have to remain there with a trusted friend for a while as I was only carrying on for the trip back.....

Stopped by 3 stores today. Bought 3 new (to me) bottles and had a small dram of each tonight.

Rock Hill Farms - I'd been searching for this for months. I could pick up on the BT Mashbill #2, but found it to be quite thin and tanic. Will revisit later as the bottle gets some air.

Old Forester 100 - I found this very scotchy, with some interesting bright tea/citrus notes. Not really my thing, but worth another visit in a few days.

Benchmark - I could barely pick up on the BT Mashbill #1. I found it very watered down - even for an 80 proofer.

Not a great shopping day for me, but at the very least I found 3 more labels I won't need to buy again.

Haven't been able to find any willett family reserve around here, so today i took delivery of 5 bottles of WFE 4 yr rye. Cracked the first one open, pretty great, but the same LDI taste as smooth ambler's 7 year. Going to blind taste them soon to see which I prefer (or if I can even tell the difference).

So, I made a run to pick up a couple things to buy as kitschy things to have on the shelf, some JR Ewing Bourbon, and a few bottles of the latest Ommegang Game of Thrones beer, Fire & Blood.

Passed on a bottle of EC12 at specs for $31.99, but could not pass it up at Total wine for $23.00! (Not that i don't think it's worth $32.00, but I didn't really "need" it yet).

Passed on a bottle of EC12 at specs for $31.99

What, it's usually ~$26 at Spec's? Have they gone mad?!

Edited by smknjoe

What, it's usually ~$26 at Spec's? Have they gone mad?!

I was a little surprised to see that price too.

It was a location I've never been to before.

The price listed on the website now is $30.52

Picked up a pint of Old Grand Dad BiB. Comparing it to Wild Turkey101 soon.

I just returned home from a quick trip to Four Roses distillery. I picked up 4 bottles of their gift shop OBSO 55.4%, 11 Years and 4 Months. I am slobbering all over myself to try the OBSO. I also picked up 3 bottles of their gift shop OBSF 62.6%, 10 Years and 7 Months. As most if not all of you already know, these barrels were hand selected by Jim Rutledge. I picked up some of these bottles for friends. I'm sure they will be just as happy with them as I am.

And on the advice of some distinguished sb.com gentlemen, I stopped by Crown Liquors in Indy and picked up a bottle of their Four Roses Private Selection OESK, 58.2%, 9 Years and 7 Months. I have never had any of the Four Roses Single Barrels that were not the OBSV recipe. I'm really looking forward to drinking these with my buddies.

I was a little surprised to see that price too.

It was a location I've never been to before.

The price listed on the website now is $30.52

I've noticed the prices of EC12 have increased above $30 at several stores; frankly, whenever I see it around the $25-28 mark I feel like I need to buy a case. I'm pretty sure that HH has increased the wholesale price.

I'm slobbering too. Good haul!

Thanks. I would drink paint thinner if the bottle stated it was selected by Jim Rutledge.

Thanks. I would drink paint thinner if the bottle stated it was selected by Jim Rutledge.

I had a bottle of the 2011 LE single barrel that could have passed for paint thinner. Presumably it was one of the barrels not selected by Mr. Rutledge.

From my special source, lucky to add more to my bunker, now I'm very well set for a long while.

uzanubud.jpg

Great score Hugh!! Well done sir

How was the selection? Heading there next week. Mind sharing what you paid for those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.