What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Winter 2014

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Taking the family to the AFL today.... they only server pre-mixed cans, so will probably get stung $9 for a can of Cougar and Cola.

Taking the family to the AFL today.... they only server pre-mixed cans, so will probably get stung $9 for a can of Cougar and Cola.

We are taking another family with us. They've never been to an AFL game.... The kids (5 & 7) lost their dad very suddenly early last year. He always wanted to take them to a game, so it's a special privilege to be doing so in his stead. It's probably going to be one of the only times I've been to a game were I can honestly say the result doesn't matter to me..... It'll be all about the kids and the mums can drink/clear as they like :)

We are taking another family with us. They've never been to an AFL game.... The kids (5 & 7) lost their dad very suddenly early last year. He always wanted to take them to a game, so it's a special privilege to be doing so in his stead. It's probably going to be one of the only times I've been to a game were I can honestly say the result doesn't matter to me..... It'll be all about the kids and the mums can drink/clear as they like :)

Watching the game on television (a couple of sneaky Founders/Sierra Nevadas) keepong an eye out for Cam.

One way traffic but entertaining nonetheless.

You can pre-order Diamond from mybottleshop for around 130 if memory is correct. I am personally going to wait for Dan's to see what the price is there first.

Hmmm. Crows generally struggle up there don't they?

Not this time! Hope you had fun Cam and family!

Not this time! Hope you had fun Cam and family!

Massive last qtr. Pity about the injuries. Glad to see Tex get a bag, wouldn't mind him at Hawthorn.

You can pre-order Diamond from mybottleshop for around 130 if memory is correct. I am personally going to wait for Dan's to see what the price is there first.

Reckon we're all getting a bottle of this.

Its now on Dan's for 149.99.

Country 'United Kingdom'. No such country Dan.

Very kind gesture Cam. I hope everyone has a good time. Please let us know how things went.

Was a great afternoon for sure. Plenty of winter sunshine, a few drinks and some questionable calamari& chips :) As the guys have said above, the game didn't go Brisbane's way, but it was entertaining none the less. The injury looked pretty bad at ground level - not sure how it played out on tv. Hope the player is ok. Also ran into Tym (Stones) at half time, so half of the Brisbane Bourbon Posse was in attendance :D

Happy Sunday folks! Winding down from a long weekend of work crap but snuck in a sneaky cigar and some decent pours. Melancholy about this bottle; its definitely over priced for what it is but still tasty!

post-10510-14489821293579_thumb.jpg

post-10510-14489821293806_thumb.jpg

Hidden

Just finished up with some W12, too late to say ending the night, so I'll call it starting the day...

I'm in training for Whiskey Live Brisbane Next Friday, so had a few generous pours of FR Sml Batch last night. Going to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary tonight by cracking a Russell's Reserve that my wife gave me this morning :)

Congrats Cam.

Tonight im watching live coverage of the european athletics championships and drinking knob creek.

I havent seen womens hammer throw in over 10 years, somethings different, maybe its the knob creek.

Was a great afternoon for sure. Plenty of winter sunshine, a few drinks and some questionable calamari& chips :) As the guys have said above, the game didn't go Brisbane's way, but it was entertaining none the less. The injury looked pretty bad at ground level - not sure how it played out on tv. Hope the player is ok. Also ran into Tym (Stones) at half time, so half of the Brisbane Bourbon Posse was in attendance :D

i've held onto two bottles of this for a few years. Never tried it. Blows the 12 year old away - sensational bourbon it is lads.

Was good to see you and your daughter Cam! :)

Horrific game for the Lions on home turf, the Crows were relentless!!!

Got the diamond WT today, packaging is fairly ordinary, cheap wood with perspex sliding door. Will save it gor a special occasion, like 5 weeks when the crows play in the Grand Final!!!!

Has anyone seen the new WTRB bottles here yet? Looking forward to trying that also.

Have been drinking Bulliet Rye lately - this bottle has a real herbal note, I seem to be enjoying it as it is decreasing rapidly.

Have also tried Slow and Low recently - I like it.

I am heading to Star City on Friday night after a wedding, kids are with my parents I haven't been there for years, is there any good bars their to try some new/rare bourbon?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.