What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

sorry for the hobby character of the pics as well as potential doubles but just had enough time to switch up the angles a bit, bc I had a lot of bourbons to try at our pizza&bourbon gazebo]

Cracked a '04 EWSB and had a nice three finger pour. I found it very light and enjoyable right off the bat. I also enjoyed the '03, but found the bottles I had needed a bit of airtime to really balance themselves out.

Then I decided to keep it in the family and cracked a ECBP (132.4). This is my first pour of the ECPB and I found the nose to be incredibly rich. Upon my first taste, it is just heavenly goodness graciousness! The mouth feel is velvet and the finish is hot, long and very nicely balanced. Since it's been reviewed here about 1000 time, I'll just shut up and drink now, but did I mention that I really like it? :grin:

My overall impression this evening is that HH is hitting on all cylinders with both of these products (and that ECBP kicks Stagg Jr. in the @$$)! :bowdown:

Finally opened the ETL Comm. As Kenny Bania would say...it's the best jerry! the best!

Having some Single Oak Project, Barrel 124, a wheater.

It seems that every, single, time, that I have a Baker's at a bar, it totally rocks my world. Tonight, it did it again. Why ain't I buyin' a bottle of this on a regular basis???? Why ain't I buyin' it at all?!?! Cuz I'm stoopid, apparently. Beam at its finest, I believe. Well, I'm fixin' that long string of miscues when I get back to ATL.

It seems that every, single, time, that I have a Baker's at a bar, it totally rocks my world. Tonight, it did it again. Why ain't I buyin' a bottle of this on a regular basis???? Why ain't I buyin' it at all?!?! Cuz I'm stoopid, apparently. Beam at its finest, I believe. Well, I'm fixin' that long string of miscues when I get back to ATL.

First night on the Bourbon Trail (maiden voyage). Started the trip with PVW 15, Promise of Hope, MM and EC12. Salute!

Sold!!

Dang, I've been eyeing this one and wondering why I haven't read that much about it or found the chance to taste it. Along you come and eliminate whatever feeble reason I had to hold out. Time to go shopping.

I've never owned a bottle of Baker's. I have, however, killed 3/4 of a bottle of it over the course of a week in a hotel bar, and loved every drop. I guess count me with you and Kevin on this one.

sorry for the hobby character of the pics as well as potential doubles but just had enough time to switch up the angles a bit, bc I had a lot of bourbons to try at our pizza&bourbon gazebo (european bourbon and rye association's gatebo that is)

Wonderful spread. The export Turkey and the '86 EWSB in particular catch my eye. So cool to see the gazebo name span oceans. Cheers!

It was a Turkey kind of night here. Started with Kentucky Spirit and finished with RRSmBSiB. Given my appreciation for WT101 and how the previous two are starting to really make an impression on me, I may be becoming a bit of a Turkey hound. Still many bourbons to taste before making grand proclamations so I'm not yet giving up my 4R cult membership card.

I had some of this little beauty the other day

post-5227-1448982113838_thumb.jpg

We were in Stockholm, Sweden and our hotel bar had this as well as some Lot B and PVW20 besides the usual JB, MM and JD. It's a damn shame we can't buy this here

Started off with a generous pour of HHSS. :drink: What a finish!(yummmmm!)....

...Followed by a nice pour of Hancock's President's Reserve.

Also nice; but not in the same broad and deep way.

Booker's seems to get all the love on the board lately but I've always preferred Baker's as my Beam of choice.

Booker's seems to get all the love on the board lately but I've always preferred Baker's as my Beam of choice.

You're absolutely right, Richard - no one talks about Baker's. I think Booker's 25th Anny release reinvigorated interest in that brand, while Baker's continues to loll along shelves. I know I personally need to revisit Baker's after having [regular] Booker's again recently and feeling a bit underwhelmed (especially for the price).

Finally opened a bottle of ETL Comm last night. Need to have a few more pours, but seems pretty consistent with ETL from a couple years ago.

Wish I still had a couple of those to compare.

Jeez I wish you hadn't said that Squire. Haven't had one in more than a year and I did not like it then but now my taste have changed so I just may like it.

Having some Abraham Bowman double barrel tonight. A little strong on the alcohol burn but a lot of very good wood flavor. Over all I'm glad I got to try it. It's a good bourbon.

post-9285-1448982114064_thumb.jpg

Edited by LCWoody

more HH6. tomorrow I head back to KY and stop at every old ass looking liquor store and junkyard on the way!

Finished off the last dregs of a JBB and JBDC bottles at my local bar, it was the last midshelves they had in stock.

a lil sip of 13' pvw15. Anyone else think this one is too sweet?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!