What beer are you drinking Summer 2014

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tried some Deschutes Black Butte XXVI this weekend. A lot going on. Think I will give it a try in a few months before making a final judgement.

Yeahi liked it but think it will get much better w age. Hoping some of that Pom molasses sweetness dies down.

Same, that fruit comes through way, way too much. It does have a "Best After" on the label of about a year. The previous few years have been phenomenal right from the first day though. I'm a bit perturbed that this one really, really needs that year of aging. I'm hoping that will calm down the fruit and result in a more balanced beer.

One of the stores I frequent had 750mL bottles of 2012 Rogue Old Crustacean on clearance for $5.49, so I grabbed a couple. A very nice barleywine, and already with some age on it! I may have to go back and see if they have any more left.

Bought a 6-pack today of Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. Stuff was just bottled on 8/22. Hope to enjoy one or a couple in a little while...

Just my opinion, but it's damn tasty this year. Better than the past couple of years.

Just my opinion, but it's damn tasty this year. Better than the past couple of years.

Completely agree. It's very good.

I bought a 12-pack of Negra Modelo today to mix it up a bit. Hardly special beer but I do like it from time to time.

dc5331cdc82ccae7d1e451de7d71e632.jpg

Relaxing with a Bells Mars double IPA. Very different from Hopslam. Lots of malt and a nice bitter finish that just goes on. If you like IPA's, look for this when it hits your area.

Relaxing with a Bells Mars double IPA. Very different from Hopslam. Lots of malt and a nice bitter finish that just goes on. If you like IPA's, look for this when it hits your area.

It reminded me a bit of Founder's Devil Dancer, but better. I only got two bottles but called another store near me and they're going to hold a couple for me when they get their shipment in. It's a really, really well balanced DIPA in my opinion. If you like the style, I think this is one you should try to get. Didn't get the Oracle (and kicking myself, I just forgot it) but asked to have some of that held for me as well.

Already came and went here before I could get my hands on any. Indianapolis is a terrible place to try to get limited beers.

Sounds like you need grab some friends and make some road trips. I knew Oracle and Mars would be a pain in the ass to find so I drove straight to Bell's and got them there. They always supply their store well for at least a week after they release a beer. I plan to keep a close eye on the remainder of Bell's Planet series. If they release other seasonal/specialties that I like at the same time, I will pay them a visit again. The prices are always the best you will get at their general store as well.

I liked both the Mars and Oracle, but for me the edge goes to Mars. Juicier and not quite as grippy.

Pumpkin beers are hitting the shelves already. Picked up an Epic Fermentation Without Representation Pumpkin Porter that was great last year. On the lookout for St. Arnold's Pumpkinator, which is best pumpkin beer I've had. It should be out next month.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.