What beer are you drinking Summer 2014

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I typically don't like to crack one before Sept. 1, but since it's Labor Day Weekend and also opening College Football Weekend, I decided to make an exception...My first Sam Adams Octoberfest of the Season. Stellar as always. :yum:

Your welcome, Paddy! One of the greatest attributes of we SBers, is that we are very effective in getting each other to spend money on booze! :lol:

:toast:

6d32f97c32773d386f1ec8ca85803367.jpgAfter a visit to New Glarus yesterday some Oud Bruin and Moon Man.0207a0b97839a6703b802cfe695f49b5.jpgI can't recommend, New Glarus enough as a day trip for anyone in the surrounding area,what a facility!

I think Tapatalk is a little whacked,I have no idea what that first image is nor can I edit it.6d52999ed4b38a55aebc1c1147eae68d.jpgThis is the courtyard at New Glarus.

New Glarus looks stunning! Would be almost easy to make beer that good working in an environment like that. :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19265[/ATTACH]

Celebrating the Holiday w this bad boy. Thanks to MOKD for turning me on to this!

So sour, so good.

I'm always so behind the curve on beer trends, and sours are no exception. It seems they're all the rage, but Goodness, I can't get in to them. Of course, it was just earlier this year that I "discovered" the beauties of IPA's, after about 20 years and thousands of choices being offered. :crazy: I wonder what will be hot when I finally get accustomed to sours?!?! :lol:

ea92365347556f9ef6fadf2ebe65d09f.jpgI love Ten Fidy and it's an hour drive for me to even procure any.....so you gotta stock up right?[emoji6]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19265[/ATTACH]

Celebrating the Holiday w this bad boy. Thanks to MOKD for turning me on to this!

So sour, so good.

Awesome! Glad you like it bc that would've been a spendy mistake if you hadn't!

A couple of Founders Double Trouble, to keep cool while the hot coals are grillin' the burgers and the Hebrew Nationals.

In the wreckage of the bar from last night there were a couple of bottles of interesting beer to be had as well!

post-8493-1448982137494_thumb.jpg

Proved to be much better than I had expected.

post-8493-14489821374715_thumb.jpg

Edited by tanstaafl2

Awesome! Glad you like it bc that would've been a spendy mistake if you hadn't!

All in this category seem a bit pricey for sure. They will be special occasion pours. At least I know where to find them in close proximity:cool:

In the wreckage of the bar from last night there were a couple of bottles of interesting beer to be had as well!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19264[/ATTACH]

Proved to be much better than I had expected.

Love that 120 min. Fresh or with some cellar time, I find it to have a very lively barleywine-type profile. Candied hops for days.

Candied hops as a good description! If I could find this it would be something I could enjoy with some frequency. But I can't find it of course. It is not even available in GA due to the high ABV and the idiotic GA liquor laws. A friend brought me a couple from the DC area.

Not sure how old these were. I think they were relatively fresh. Will have to check the bottle and see if there is a date on it.

One of the stores I frequent had 750mL bottles of 2012 Rogue Old Crustacean on clearance for $5.49, so I grabbed a couple. A very nice barleywine, and already with some age on it! I may have to go back and see if they have any more left.

Over the weekend I tried Kentuck Pumpkin Barrel Ale. I really wanted to like it, but it came across very boozy and had a savory soup like finish.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.