What beer are you drinking Summer 2014

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Also had an Anchorage Deal With The Devil Barleywine last night. Aged 11 months in cognac barrels and weighing in at 17.3% it's probably the best Barleywine, and one of the best beers period I've ever had. ISO moar of this.

Epic Brainless on Peaches … Belgian ale with peaches… just arrived in TX… not bad.

I just had a Heady Topper myself! I was in VT for a wedding and was able to bring a couple back with me. Do you guys get Pliny the Elder where you are? I'm curious if you or anyone else here has done a SBS of those two.

Founders Double Trouble followed by Ommegang Three Philosophers. Really digging the Philosophers tonight and it drinks way too easy for a near 10% beer.

The newest Enjoy By is in OH, Bing. Hopefully we get back on the rotation soon.

Had a Brew Kettle Ild 21 IIPA, Prairie FGM, and a Founder's Backwoods Bastard.

Cannot wait for the next Enjoy By. The 18th anniversary is not inspiring this year.

After some chores outside after work, had a 5 Rabbit 5 Lizard witbier. Got it based on a recommendation and really liked it. Touch of sour but nicely balanced. Following it up now with a Fort Collins Brewery Double Chocolate Stout. Great beer.

The newest Enjoy By is in OH, Bing.

What?! Why didn't we get any. That's crappy. I'm sure as hell not going to Ohio for any, but still. BUT STILL!

Ky gets is about every third release.

And did you get that anchorage deal with the devil in KY?

Yeah. It was part of an Anchorage flight at Beer Trappe. Was hoping other shops would get some but doesn't look like that's to be.

Bottles or tap? I love anchorage beers. Outside of the white iPa, we haven't seen anything from them in ages.

Nice glass man.....

Thanks. I ordered it directly from Bell's.

Then I saw it earlier today at one of the Barns for the same price. Doh!

Bottles or tap? I love anchorage beers. Outside of the white iPa, we haven't seen anything from them in ages.

Bottles. The IPA is generally all we see around here too.

I guess we can't get them all. I hate that beer is following the wine model of "on premise" only for the very special releases.

It's all a fight for taps and bottles. A store can carry hundreds/thousands of products while a bar can only hAve a fraction of that.

I guess we can't get them all. I hate that beer is following the wine model of "on premise" only for the very special releases.

It's all a fight for taps and bottles. A store can carry hundreds/thousands of products while a bar can only hAve a fraction of that.

Beer Trappe has long followed that model w the hardest to find stuff. Pazzos too to some extent. Everywhere else not so much but they also don't get stuff like the Anchorage ever. Oh well, glad I got to try it but damn what I wouldn't do to have two of these put back.

Pazzos was my gateway into craft beer. My wife worked there in college.

Im working on a brewpub in downtown etown that is 18-24 months away. I will be curious to see the relationship of retail vs on premise when it comes to beers and bourbon.

I typically don't like to crack one before Sept. 1, but since it's Labor Day Weekend and also opening College Football Weekend, I decided to make an exception...My first Sam Adams Octoberfest of the Season. Stellar as always. :yum:

I typically don't like to crack one before Sept. 1, but since it's Labor Day Weekend and also opening College Football Weekend, I decided to make an exception...My first Sam Adams Octoberfest of the Season. Stellar as always. :yum:

Nice choice, Joe!

Some more Two Hearted for me tonight. Love this stuff. :drink:

Bell's Mars Double IPA, a well done beer and looking forward to the rest in the series.

Best regards, Tony

Tony, do you have enough of that Mars for your liking? I can help you out with that and Oracle when I see you.

I made the 90 mile drive to Kalamazoo today with the wife and stopped at Bell's and Arcadia. I got a growler fill of Octoberfest. I'll crack that tomorrow. Bell's Eccentric Café was serving a beer they called Cinnamon Sunrise Stout (12.7% abv). It was their Special Double Cream Stout aged in Traverse City whiskey barrels with cinnamon and vanilla. It was crazy good but you could really taste the youth of the Traverse City barrel. What I wouldn't give for this beer to be in a Four Roses barrel.

Then we made the half mile trip to Arcadia. I've had very few of their beers in the past so I got a flight of Roggenberry, Big Dick's Old Ale, Cereal Killer, Loch Down and Starboard Stout. Each were solid beers but they didn't overwhelm me either. The bbq at Arcadia is an 11 out of 10. My wife doesn't drink but she said it was worth the 90 mile drive for the bbq.

Oh yeah, my wife drove home.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.