What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Poured out a generous pour from my first bottle of ECBP. Very lovely stuff. Think about 'fountain Coke'... you know how it's made from 'Coke syrup' diluted by seltzer? This could be 'Bourbon Syrup'!!!! I don't hit too often, as I'm saving it up... sort of. I have a couple other other bottles; but, it's become so scarce hereabouts that I'm a bit afraid of running dry.... Speaking of which, this bottle is now down to about one big pour at the bottom. Oh well, the fate of all bottles, eventually; right?

I'm working on the Johnny Drum Black Label again (because I really need to get rid of it) and will again follow with OGDBIB because it's so dang good.

Went with THH '14, EHT SiB, and finished with Michters AW (which I probably won't buy again).

Really enjoyed the barrel proof rye though

I had some of this the other night:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20038[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20039[/ATTACH]

Ohhhh, that's a good night.

Started with OFBB 2012, finished with Blanton's. Hadn't tried these two back-to-back before, was intrigued at how very different they are. Blanton's really showed its rye/grain notes, while OFBB started ethanol-heavy but settled into a nougat and caramel sweetness that was very pleasant.

I had some of this the other night:

That Julio's Centennial is a darned good bottle Joe. :cool: Enjoy. :yum:

Opened my bottle of RHF for Thirsty Thursday at work. Really engaging bourbon, though it misses some apple pie notes I'm getting from my store select Blanton's. Overall, it's my favorite MB2 bourbon so far. Reminds me of a more intense and rye forward Eagle Rare, back when ER was tasting a little better to me, anyway.

At any rate, prototypical bourbon. Will be keeping it around from now on.

Sipping on some FRSB - thanks for the birthday card JR (and thanks for the bourbon, too)!

Edited by MauiSon

That Julio's Centennial is a darned good bottle Joe. :cool: Enjoy. :yum:

Guess which one I preferred when drinking them back to back.

Old Fitz BIB 1967 - 1974 and Old Fitz BIB 1964 - 1970. The 74 was softer but more enjoyable. What year was the OWA Joe?....since it stood up so well against the Cent.

Old Fitz BIB 1967 - 1974 and Old Fitz BIB 1964 - 1970. The 74 was softer but more enjoyable. What year was the OWA Joe?....since it stood up so well against the Cent.

One of those 2005 bottles I found a while back. I didn't plan on doing a comparison and the OWA came after the Centennial. It made the Centennial seem a little over oaked and thin in comparison.

One of those 2005 bottles I found a while back. I didn't plan on doing a comparison and the OWA came after the Centennial. It made the Centennial seem a little over oaked and thin in comparison.

Love that 05!! This is good to hear. Thanks

That Old Fitz sounds like a winner.

They are OK. Nice S/W nose with a super mouth feel. Thick and rich but taste a little green to me. They would have been a lot better with some more time in the barrel. Long finish but after 30 sec. or so it seems to take a medicinal turn. I would much rather have a 04 or 02 ORVW 10 107.

Edited by dustyj

Broken record here: Johnny Drum Black Label (because I'm trying to get rid of it) and OGDBIB, because I need to reward my taste buds after drinking the JDBL. The more I get into the JDBL, the more I don't like it. Like some other young bourbons, it has a "cardboard" taste that just says "meh". The more I get into the OGDBIB, the more I like it. The wisdom of squire applies here once again.

Polished off a Kahn's SB BT. Followed that with some FRSB PS OBSO and a PS Dickel 9. Good stuff all around.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!