What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EWBIB, and G&W Private Stock off the bottom self of a new to me liquor store.

Ted

While I tend to be loyal to one store it's always good to have a back up

Don't tell the wife, but while she was working the ticket booth tonight for a basketball game at the high school where she teaches, I bought:

FRSB - 126.2 proof, OBSO recipe, hand selected by the MSL Barrel Team

Henry McKenna 10 year BIB - 100 proof, also picked by the MSL Barrel Team

Jack Daniels - SB - again, you guessed it, hand selected by ^^^

And a 1.5 liter of Old Grand-dad, just to keep me humble. :lol:

While I tend to be loyal to one store it's always good to have a back up

I was just in the neighborhood. I do have a regular liquor stores route programed into to my GPS. Although their the farthest north I've seen EWBIB, and I had never seen G&W before but that was the uniqueness of the place. The rest of the selection wasn't bad, but nothing to travel for.

Ted

Thanks to a generous SB/GBS member - I was able to procure a couple bottles of Weller 12 tonight.

Picked up a 4RSB, a Store Select 4RSB OBSV, a Weller 12, a KCBS Store Selection at 10 yrs 2 months, and 2 OWA's today

Two bottles of Rock Hill Farms and an Old Forester Single Barrel. Found a new liquor store near my new home. Guy knows bourbon.

plan to go grab several more SAOS 8 year BP's in a few days. 8 year and BP is right at my sweet spot, and I think $45 is reasonable, but know that price point cant last much longer. I have cases upon cases of HH 90 and 100 proof stuff, almost a case of Dickl 9 year, and almost a case of KCSB, so I plan the vast majority of my future purchases to be aimed at 8 year Barrel proofers. Plus, i need to load up and get home before the 4R cult disbands and starts collecting other stuff of quality.

plan to go grab several more SAOS 8 year BP's in a few days. 8 year and BP is right at my sweet spot, and I think $45 is reasonable, but know that price point cant last much longer. I have cases upon cases of HH 90 and 100 proof stuff, almost a case of Dickl 9 year, and almost a case of KCSB, so I plan the vast majority of my future purchases to be aimed at 8 year Barrel proofers. Plus, i need to load up and get home before the 4R cult disbands and starts collecting other stuff of quality.

Don't worry too much Doug! As long as the profile of 4RSB remains unchanged (and the price is south of fiddy), the cult will never fully disband. Sure, there's a lot of good stuff out there, but IMO the SB is by far the most unique, complex and interesting mass produced bourbon going.

Simply put, it tastes like nothing else.... so, if it's profile fits in your wheelhouse... welcome to the cult! :70358-devil:

Don't worry too much Doug! As long as the profile of 4RSB remains unchanged (and the price is south of fiddy), the cult will never fully disband. Sure, there's a lot of good stuff out there, but IMO the SB is by far the most unique, complex and interesting mass produced bourbon going.

Simply put, it tastes like nothing else.... so, if it's profile fits in your wheelhouse... welcome to the cult! :70358-devil:

Don't try to make assurances to the Fox. All he needs to know is that we're coming for his favorites.

Don't try to make assurances to the Fox. All he needs to know is that we're coming for his favorites.
I think Doug is fooling himself if he thinks a lot of us aren't card carrying members of both cults.

I think Doug is fooling himself if he thinks a lot of us aren't card carrying members of both cults.

so far, no collectors target anything of interest to me, and that works for me!

so far, no collectors target anything of interest to me, and that works for me!

You've probably never heard of my favorite bourbon. It's pretty obscure. :grin:

I picked up an Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 2003, and finally I was able to find a Buffalo Trace. That stuff has really been hard to come by up here lately. Now to get them into the bunker. :duel:

I picked up a bottle of W12 for $29 and a bottle of Stagg, Jr for $69 in the Atlanta area this past week. Couldn't believe the price on the W12.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.