What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am looking forward to opening it tonight, and interestingly a forum member just gave me a sample of a similar age OESO with a bit higher proof. It'll be really fun to taste those SBS!

I am looking forward to opening it tonight, and interestingly a forum member just gave me a sample of a similar age OESO with a bit higher proof. It'll be really fun to taste those SBS!

Picked up an OESF for the bunker and stumbled across some Rittenhouse BIB DSP-354 for $22.

19 days into the month of January and I have not made a purchase yet. If this keeps up, I may have to turn in my WN membership card.

19 days into the month of January and I have not made a purchase yet. If this keeps up, I may have to turn in my WN membership card.

Oh the sacrilege:pope:; nothing but pure sacrilege!

Actually, I'm doing pretty good myself. I think I've limited myself to only a couple (or three) bottles this month.:grin:

Drove up to NJ for a wedding this past weekend and scoped out a couple of liquor stores along the route. Stopped in at one place in Hagerstown, MD that didn't have anything that really interested me. They had a couple of bottles of Buffalo Trace with a sign in front of them that said something like "With a bit of time, this becomes Pappy Van Winkle!!!" Thought about saying something to the guy behind the counter, but decided it wasn't worth it and just left.

Stopped at the 2nd store on my list, in Chambersburg, PA and had a bit more luck. Picked up my 1st bottle of MMCS...and my 2nd...and my 3rd. I figured since it was the first time I'd seen it on a shelf, I should go ahead and get multiple.

While in NJ, I also picked up a bottle of Glengoyne 12yo (single malt). I think I'm starting to get the hang of this whole "bunker" thing! :-)

I hope you like the OESO if you open it suntour. I've had 4 or 5 of the FR's ten recipes. Of the ones I've had so far, the OESO is one of my favorites. I bought a couple of OESO's from Binny's that were really quite good. Maybe you should have bought two. :rolleyes:

Cheers! Joe

Just picked up Binny's new OESO, which is 12 years old. First taste was pretty damn good.

This weekend I drove the 40 minutes to Binny's because there was a 10% off event. I picked up 2x OGD114, Michter's Toasted (say what you will about Michter's, I enjoy this release), Binny's selection of OWA, and a CEHT BP (129 proof). I already had one BP in the bunker but I decided I needed another since it isn't frequently available in my area.

I didn't see any of the latest Binny's FR private selections that you folks are mentioning. I got 4 recipes last time they were available (OBSK, OESV, OESO, OESQ) but have yet to open any. Need more room on the bar for open bottles. :grin:

Jason

While out in Denver for a business trip, I stopped by a great liquor store there and picked up my second bottle of MMCS, since the first is halfway gone already. I visited a total of three stores in the south Denver area, and all had at least 6 bottles of MMCS on the shelves. Next time I'm out there I'm checking a larger suitcase.

Based on some of the good comments from posters here, I also picked up a Smooth Ambler Old Scout 9 year bourbon store selection. That one isn't opened yet but I'm looking forward to a reason to try it.

While out in Denver for a business trip, I stopped by a great liquor store there and picked up my second bottle of MMCS, since the first is halfway gone already. I visited a total of three stores in the south Denver area, and all had at least 6 bottles of MMCS on the shelves. Next time I'm out there I'm checking a larger suitcase.

Based on some of the good comments from posters here, I also picked up a Smooth Ambler Old Scout 9 year bourbon store selection. That one isn't opened yet but I'm looking forward to a reason to try it.

Colorado has weird liquor laws governing on premise account purchasing of 375ml bottles of booze. MMCS and other 375ml sized bottles have a tendency to stick around a bit longer than elsewhere for that reason.

While visiting Stone Mountain, GA, I picked up two bottles of Weller Special Reserve for 12.99. They had a private selection bottling of OWA but I passed because they didn't have sample bottle try it first.

While visiting Stone Mountain, GA, I picked up two bottles of Weller Special Reserve for 12.99. They had a private selection bottling of OWA but I passed because they didn't have sample bottle try it first.

If the sr was $13...what was the OWA? $17?

WSR around Atlanta has been $10 or a couple bucks more (at least the last 2-3 years that I've been paying attention); OWA isn't as easily found these days - but usually runs more like $25-$28.

The OWA was 28. In VA, I normally pay 18 for WSR and 22 for OWA. I probably should have rolled the dice on the store select OWA though. I guess the initial shock of how cheap the special reserve was made me not want to "overpay" for the OWA.

Been a long time since I've been at an Ls, but had to go and get old reliable... KC, a handle of it. Also picked up some JBW for my SbS with some dusty JBW. Seen some Ezra B and had it in my hand, but passed.

Since I'm out of Old Fitzgerald BIB and it doesn't look like I'm going to find more I purchased a bottle of Larceny as many have stated it's relative taste to the former.

I hit a few stores on my way home from work today and ended up with:

FRSmB (on sale for $22)

OWA

1792 store pick

RRSmBSB store pick

On the dark side I also ended up with a Monkey Shoulder for mixing purposes.

Got a bottle of John Bowman SB and picked up two OWA since I rarely see that on shelves around here anymore. Also picked up my first OGD BIB and EWSB 2005.

Blantons Sftb, four roses super premium, frle sib 2012, wild turkey 13 year old, Kakubin premium.

Nice - I wanna shop where you shop!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.