What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear. It is all MGP. I meant the V yeast is shared between FR and MGP from the Seagram's days. According to Fred Minnick.

Had a 1:1 stagg jr. batch #3 & CEHT Rye. Wasn't nearly as good as I was expecting. Let it sit for a month, I'm thinking it was a little too long and the seal on the vial wasn't that great.

Followed up with a bit of Blanton's. Also disappointing, the last two bottles I had were fantastic, this one is harsh and uninteresting.

Didn't like the EWSB I tried the other night so opened a bottle of OWA 107.

Very nice. Full flavored, good finish, everything I like in bourbon. Will try to find more tomorrow!

Didn't like the EWSB I tried the other night so opened a bottle of OWA 107.

Very nice. Full flavored, good finish, everything I like in bourbon. Will try to find more tomorrow!

So good, one of my fave recent pours for the price (one spot is 34 and the other I hit recently was 38/9) and I am hoping there is some on the shelf next time I go back to that shop.

Funny I read this and the first thing to mind is damn, that's a lot for OWA. Then I think, it's a damn shame that it's even become scarce in the first place. Then I think, it should be renamed Young Weller, even since they dropped the age.

Squire and Chuck aren't the only crotchety guys around here all the time. Tonight I'm just playing the younger version of them.

Sipping some EWSB 05 tonight. Not one of their better years IMHO. Good, but last year was far better.

B

Enjoying a pour of EC12 and will probably follow it with a pour of FRSB or Old Forester BiB. I haven't decided yet.

Was in the mood for Manhattans this Monday. Started with Jefferson's, moved on to WR and finished on a high note with ER10.

Isn't all the OS line still MGP?

Yes, what we know as standard MGP Bourbon was developed by Seagrams as a flavoring whisky for their blends. Of course that will change when their new mashbill products come on line.

Enjoying several pours of EC12 Barrel Proof with some water. Great flavor. Too bad I only have one bottle left, and I have not been able to find any more in the Minneapolis area....oh well, I am happy to have what I have.

Squire and Chuck aren't the only crotchety guys around here all the time.

Can't speak for Chuck but it comes natural to me.

Stagg Jr batch 2 with some water. Last time I had this, I drank it neat but I had to cut it tonight.

Boy.....not a great night at the start. Had some Kentucky Vintage that I bought a year ago. Like so many of the KBD budget bourbons, I get that same dang wet cardboard flavor that just turns me off. Couldn't finish it. Gave the Michter's Toasted Barrel another chance. Blech. Poured them both down the drain. Clearly I'm not in a good mood having just lost a favorite pet, but you know, life is too short to suffer through bourbon that you dislike extremely.

Redeemed the evening with Ezra Brooks 12yr. Then I hit it out of the park with OGDBIB. Everything goes a little better with some OGDBIB.

Boy.....not a great night at the start. Had some Kentucky Vintage that I bought a year ago. Like so many of the KBD budget bourbons, I get that same dang wet cardboard flavor that just turns me off. Couldn't finish it. Gave the Michter's Toasted Barrel another chance. Blech. Poured them both down the drain. Clearly I'm not in a good mood having just lost a favorite pet, but you know, life is too short to suffer through bourbon that you dislike extremely.

Redeemed the evening with Ezra Brooks 12yr. Then I hit it out of the park with OGDBIB. Everything goes a little better with some OGDBIB.

Sorry for your pet loss...

Dag gum it I'm out of EC12. Three of my favorite under $40 bottles are EC12, KCSB, & WTRB and I don't have a bottle of any of them.

Need to correct that this week.

Dag gum it I'm out of EC12. Three of my favorite under $40 bottles are EC12, KCSB, & WTRB and I don't have a bottle of any of them.

Living in Georgia (or anywhere for that matter), that's damn near a criminal offense.

Revisiting the Blanton's a few days after opening. Even smoother.

Needed to shake today off, so I had a couple of drinks.

FR SiBS first ever taste of any FR brand and I am in love.Then I followed it with a Whistle Pig and to finish the night off its a nice pour of EC12.

Gary

And I thought I knew you.......you better get on that stat!!

Tonight is starting off waaay better than last night. My first ever pour of Bowman Brothers Small Batch. Bought this a year ago or so, just now getting to it. Very nice. I clearly taste the BT DNA in it, but there's something a little different about it. It has a creamy buttery moment in the middle of the palate before finishing with some rough edges. It's a keeper for the price. Now that I think about it, this is my first Bowman product period. Need to rectify that based on this first impression.

After this pour I feel a bit of WT101 coming on.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!