What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stopped in my local to buy some rum and spotted a bottle of ECBP 139 proof so it came home with me.

was getting to the bottom of the bottle and was enjoying it.

limited availability at Binny's; luckily my usual store had it and my wife picked it up this morning.

f9543702-c588-4821-bb49-0b31b81354ee_zps0payyebq.jpg3a2f8728-4e25-4283-bcee-554be58a7be9_zpstk73ipzq.jpg

Been at least a month since I've got anything, not that I need anything.

Grabbed a store select ER. Opening it tonight in a bit....

Picked up some GBS WTRRSmBSB goodness, and threw in a local OBSK pick because . . . just because :)

Grabbed a couple bottles of Fighting Cock that still had the age statement on 'em for $16 a bottle... Figure I won't see it much longer.

Grabbed 2 bottles of VOB BiB. Very difficult to find around here now, I had to hunt a little. At $13 per bottle, this is a huge bargain.

Grabbed two TPS barrel selects this evening. First was a WT RRSmbSB and second was my first bottle of Knob Creek. Wanted to get a SA SB but couldn't pass up the price of the Knob Creek.

CEHT BP (127.2). I think I am going back for another. I am really enjoying it.

FRSB PS OESV 11 Year 55.7% . This has been a month of full strength purchases for me.

A bottle of Elijah Craig SmB w/o the age statement on the front. Have a few age statement bottles in the bunker so at $24 I'll just pick up the new releases for now to replenish the liquor cabinet.

Stocked up a little over the weekend since I was running low on favorites and "daily pour type" bottles. I prefer to save higher end or unique stuff for when family and friends come over.

Picked up 2 Knob Creek Rye (@ $16.98 each), OWA ($28), MMCS ($50) and 2 Larceny (@ $22 each). I paid less than Indy retail on all but the OWA which was MSRP. It was also the only one I picked up in Indy.

Stocked up a little over the weekend since I was running low on favorites and "daily pour type" bottles. I prefer to save higher end or unique stuff for when family and friends come over.

Picked up 2 Knob Creek Rye (@ $16.98 each), OWA ($28), MMCS ($50) and 2 Larceny (@ $22 each). I paid less than Indy retail on all but the OWA which was MSRP. It was also the only one I picked up in Indy.

Awesome prices on all...

Were those KCR's 1L like the KCSB and KCSmB or 750's? Either way twas a good price. Kicking myself for not grabbing more of the 1L KCSB when I was down there. Speaking of which, that will be my next pour I think.....

Great price on the KCR. Our prices for it around here are always close to $30!

Stopped in Rockford, IL on the way to the Milwaukee area. Picked up a store selection of RRSmBSB (these seem to be readily available in different areas recently) for $44 and a CEHT BP for $75. I was hoping it was the new 127.2 batch, since I already have two bottles of the 129 in the bunker. It turned out to be the 129 batch but I am not disappointed.

I stopped at another stored in WI, hoping to find 1792 Sweet Wheat, since the store previously had a private selection of 1792 SB. Still no luck finding Sweet Wheat.

Jason

Was passing through a city on my way home today and stopped in a liquor store to see what they might have on the shelf. Evidently it's my lucky day... They had just gotten 4 bottles of Old Weller Antique and were putting them on the shelf as I walked down the bourbon isle! I lightened their stock by 2 bottles and they lightened my wallet by $55.

Grabbed a Stagg Jr 132.1 for the bunker. Pretty good batch this one is...

I couldn't help myself yesterday. :frown: Must be Whisrexia Nervosa setting in. My wife and I had to stop by my BIL and SIL's house yesterday. They live just a few blocks from one of my favorite local stores. For some strange reason, as we neared their house, our car just turned into the liquor store parking lot. :skep: Passed on most, tempted by one, but couldn't say no to an ETL at a reasonable price. I have a few, but ya' never know when, or if it'll show up again. FWIW, limit of one per customer @ $34.99 each. Like I said, I couldn't pass it up.:)

Cheers! Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!