What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

mrs fox and i went back to the newly opened kroger liquor store today after grocery shopping so I could pick up the Bookers BMSB I passed on yesterday. at $48 out the door, i had to grab one.

That's a good deal for the Bookers. Locally it's $69 here...it's good bourbon but that's too much IMO.

Picked up a few new ones today.

EWBIB

Old Fitzgerald 80. Wish I could get me hand son some OFBIB but not distributed near me.

SAOS 10

RHF (not new but couldn't pass up at $50 which is the lowest I've seen near me)

The wife just got back from a conference in Portugal and brought a Blanton's Gold! Wish it was SFTB, but this is nice still! She found it silly that she was bringing an american bourbon across the ocean for me..

picked up an Old Taylor 6 for $10 and a WSR 1L for $29. never seen or heard of OT6 before, but since it was $10, it couldn't hurt to try out. it almost implies that it's bonded, but it's not 100 proof. anyone seen this before? is it any good? guess I'll find out tonight!

post-12012-1448982226588_thumb.jpg

post-12012-1448982226588_thumb.jpg

That Old Taylor was owned by Beam until recently. It's probably 6 year old 80 proof JB. I've tried it before. It's ok. Since BT bought the brand, I wonder if they have changed it to BT juice, or discontinued it?

Got a Jim Beam Single Barrel bottled on 4/20/14

Edited by Golzee

That Old Taylor was owned by Beam until recently. It's probably 6 year old 80 proof JB. I've tried it before. It's ok. Since BT bought the brand, I wonder if they have changed it to BT juice, or discontinued it?

picked up ewsb 04 and ec12. went to pick up blantons they had on sale for $42.99 but it was all gone so those two will have to make due...

BT bought the brand in 2009 so we may see their distillate in the bottle by next Spring, presuming they keep a 6 year old in the lineup, and one hopes we will see a BIB as well.

good to know, thanks for the info guys. A BIB would be nice, as it almost fits the requirements except for the ultra low 80 proof. guess I'll find out once I get home!

good to know, thanks for the info guys. A BIB would be nice, as it almost fits the requirements except for the ultra low 80 proof. guess I'll find out once I get home!

Shoot, it was $10 so definitely worth a try. It's older than JBW and about half price at that.

Added another bottle of OW Antique to my stash. I really like this pour and it's around here for now, who knows how long it'll stay on the shelves.

Picked up a weller 12 1.75L today. Sweet find. Grabbed a heaven hill bottled in bond, but it's not the 6yr so I am curious.

Out of town on business. Picked up,a bottle of BT to sip on. Hitting on all cylinders at $22.00.

I keep on hearing you guys making derogatory comments about OGD114, so after finishing up my second bottle recently I thought I'd buy another one just so I could make sure it wasn't worth my time or effort.

Maker's Mark Cask Strength (batch 15-02 if anyone cares) for $57. Not a bad price, given Maryland's usual markup.

not bourbon, but Knob Creek rye 100, for $20.99. Its being discontinued at my store so it was 50% off.

Found a bottle of Weller 12 today. I really like the SR and can't wait to see how this one compares.

MMCSx2 Batch 14-02 / 113 Proof $35per. I ordered them ahead of time and when I picked up my order I noticed they also had 750s on hand @ $60. For some reason I stayed with the 375s, not sure why... First time seeing them in MD.

post-12245-1448982226869_thumb.jpg

post-12245-1448982226869_thumb.jpg

Picked up another bottle of Weller 12 today for only $19.99. Probably should have gotten more....

Picked up another bottle of Weller 12 today for only $19.99. Probably should have gotten more....

grab a case and ship it to me plz

Yikes!! Its good but it aint worth more than $25-30

the store where i paid $39.99 is now charging $49.99 for weller 12.

I am betting you will like it. I started with the SR as well then got a W12 (way back when shelves were full of all the Weller variants) it ruined the SR for me, now it sits waiting to be used in various recipes and if someone wants something to dump soda in. I'm not complaining though, it was only 10 bucks and perfectly good for that price. It also makes for an interesting SBS, post your findings after you get a chance to compare em.

Found a bottle of Weller 12 today. I really like the SR and can't wait to see how this one compares.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!