What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a fresh bottle of the kickin chickin at lunch. I wish this stuff came in handles!

[AQUOTE=393foureyedfox;469640]it does come in handles

Edited by chooch714

I have never seen handles of FC. I checked the HH web site and didn't see where it was available in handles either. Guess I will have to keep looking!

A glaring hole in my bourbon lineup has been rectified, with a pickup of an OGD 114. I am bewildered and frankly ashamed that I allowed myself to be papawless at all...

I have never seen handles of FC. I checked the HH web site and didn't see where it was available in handles either. Guess I will have to keep looking!

I think Fox is talkin' about WT101, which is often referred to as the kickin' chicken' (at least around these parts).

A glaring hole in my bourbon lineup has been rectified, with a pickup of an OGD 114. I am bewildered and frankly ashamed that I allowed myself to be papawless at all...

I am grabbing 2 more bottles of this my local place has on hold for me, and stumbled across a new place the other day that had 3 on the shelf (and lots of other good choices) I might pick up as well for the bunker. I moved most all of my closed bottles downstairs (they were filling up the kitchen counter's built in bread box) where it's cooler and I have some shelf space so the bunker will start growing now.

Hidden

Picked up a fresh bottle of the kickin chickin at lunch. I wish this stuff came in handles!

Now you have! post-10789-14489822261189_thumb.jpg Didn't last long , wish they had it around here, I had this one muled back from KY.

Now you have! [ATTACH=CONFIG]20680[/ATTACH] Didn't last long , wish they had it around here, I had this one muled back from KY.

I guess I will have to speak with my local purveyor of fine spirits about this! Thanks!

20150417_125207_zpsmonaubvo.jpg

i only bought one bottle, im a gentleman. so i then informed them of their mistake and giggled like a japanese school girl out the door!

i only bought one bottle, im a gentleman. so i then informed them of their mistake and giggled like a japanese school girl out the door!

now that's a nice little typo for you!

OGD114 is such a fine beverage and an outstanding value that I have ongoing paranoia about it being eliminated or priced upward. For that reason, I keep two unopened in reserve at all times. I bet there are plenty of folks on here who have way more than 2...

One of my dusty holly grail items (never found one, just want one) is a ND OGD114. I can only imagine how nice that would be.

hehe, nice score. regular MM is 29.99 here.

I picked up 6 bottles today: the 4 bottles on the left for the bunker and the 2 on the right I haven't tried before so they went right to the on deck shelf/cabinet.

5CC1B2D.png

Someone once surprised me with a mystery pour and it was ND OGD. It was one of those WTF moments, it immediately demanded my attention, it was that good, a very fond memory.

OGD114 is such a fine beverage and an outstanding value that I have ongoing paranoia about it being eliminated or priced upward. For that reason, I keep two unopened in reserve at all times. I bet there are plenty of folks on here who have way more than 2...

One of my dusty holly grail items (never found one, just want one) is a ND OGD114. I can only imagine how nice that would be.

Handle of EC12 (hard to beat at $55), and a bottle of the new release I.W. Harper.

They didn't have the 15 Y.O. yet

hehe, nice score. regular MM is 29.99 here.

I picked up 6 bottles today: the 4 bottles on the left for the bunker and the 2 on the right I haven't tried before so they went right to the on deck shelf/cabinet.

5CC1B2D.png

Got an e-mail that a bottle of the Col E H Taylor Cured Oak was being held for me so went in to pick it up over lunch. Alas, they forgot to put it on the truck so my dreams were cruelly dashed. After some ranting and railing, I found a friendly bottle of Buffalo Trace to help me get over the 2 days I'll have to wait since I can't make it over on Saturday.

(There was no actual ranting and railing other than me giving the folks at the store some good-natured teasing. I go there quite often and most of the full-time staff knows me by name and voice and there's rarely a visit where some teasing doesn't happen.)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!