What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Still no luck finding ECBP but I did manage to find a bottle of EC18 sitting on the shelf way in the back collecting dust. paid a premium($70) but I would rather pay $70 for the 18 over $180 for the 21 which I apotted a few weeks back.

I'd wager that when EC18 is re-released MSRP is going to be more than $70.

$70 is not really a premium, in fact i'd call that a deal, and when it reappears as rumored it will be for more then that. The EC21 is about $40 bones over MSRP so not too bad if you enjoy that bottle, which i find to be a pretty unique sipper in my collection.
I'd wager that when EC18 is re-released MSRP is going to be more than $70.

Interesting, didn't even know there was a rumored re-release of EC18. However, I agree, with the current state of bourbon, I imagine MSRP's are going up.

Forgot to mention, also picked up another bottle of SAOS 7 @ $36. I've been devouring the first bottle as of late, along with EC12.

Was able to purchase a bottle of EHT Cured Oak. Just happened to walk into store as they were getting their delivery.

More OHHBIB. I need to find another honey hole.

never really thought Id hear 'honey hole' and "OHHBIB" in the same sentence, but.......it IS a dusty now. Havent seen one in a store in some time, but I still have 6 of 'em here. Im just glad they left the 6 year alone.

Grabbed a couple MMCS yesterday for $59.99 each. Comparatively speaking, ECBP is now $49.99 and higher, so I don't feel the pricing is out of line. And at a relatively low barrel proof of 113, it needs no dilution, which I dig. And I like what MM is doing: regular, MM46, and now CS..YMMV

Edited by Phil T

Still no luck finding ECBP but I did manage to find a bottle of EC18 sitting on the shelf way in the back collecting dust. paid a premium($70) but I would rather pay $70 for the 18 over $180 for the 21 which I apotted a few weeks back.

Nice find on the EC18, I'd take that over the ECBP anyday, I can usually find the BP's and have a few sitting around, but never see any of the 18's around anymore, can't wait for them to bring 'em back, I'm nursing my last bottle till they come out again. BTW I just saw a 21 for $249.99....now that's a premium! (really it's called craziness,dillusional,etc.etc.)

Made a new friend this week!

post-8493-14489822210557_thumb.jpg

I was prepared to get shut out on this one based on all the talk about the limited release and push towards on premise accounts but my store managed to come through for me yet again! It does appear a lot of it went to on premise accounts from what I was told so probably will be the only one I get. Still, better than getting shut out.

Today I jumped on the MMCS bandwagon. Mine is 111 proof, which seems just about right. Like the 750ml bottles, too.

Picked up a 750 of Rebel Yell this morning. I don't see it that often and I was at my local Trader Joe's' for some other things, and noticed it in their liquor section. At $9.95 it's a great buy and a very decent Wheated Bourbon.

Was finally able to get MMCS here in NJ. Picked up the 375ml version, Batch 2015-01.

Hancock's Reserve

Walthen's

OBSK

OESK

OBSO

OESV

Now to figure shipping or a couple of stuffed suitcases...

Hancock's Reserve

Walthen's

OBSK

OESK

OBSO

OESV

Now to figure shipping or a couple of stuffed suitcases...

Picked up what I thought was ECBP batch 7 and 6 last night. Turns out it is batch 6 and 5.

Tried my first SAOS (the 10 year) and liked it, so decided to try my hand with a SAOS 8 year single barrel cask strength.

Found a RHF last night, which I grabbed, and likewise had my first pour, and it's incredibly delicious!

Just found a new store a few miles from my house

Good selection, mediocre prices. Left 3x ECBP @ $120 on the shelf, walked out with a closer to MSRP OWA to replace my close to empty RHF desk bourbon.

2XOWA at $22.99 and 1XMMCS .750 at $59.99. Last two of the OWA on the shelf and glad to have them in the bunker. OWA is becoming a rarity in these parts - especially at or near MSRP.

A new bottle of WT101 and had my neighborhood store order me in 3 bottles of OGD114 for Wed since I have yet to stumble across it.

Tried my first SAOS (the 10 year) and liked it, so decided to try my hand with a SAOS 8 year single barrel cask strength.

You might not like it- the 10 yr is low rye mashbill, while the 7 yr (and 8yr BP) are the high rye mashbill. The high rye is much spicier.

Another Four Roses Single Barrel, I am surprised that I am liking this one so much. On the look out for Elmer T Lee, but its not sold in AZ.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!