What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up SAOS 10 year. Haven't tried any of the old scout offerings.
Edited by johnnybogey

Picked up a local private selection 1792. It was a couple shades darker from the standard 1792 they had on the shelf, and based on the box stickers and barrel head - is around 9.5 yrs old. For under $25 - my whiskeria nervosa is begging me to turn around and buy as much as I can fit in the car! But I'm holding out - at least until after the Sampler weekend :lol: Although my first pour . . . wow . . . must stay strong . . .

Angel's Envy rye. I don't have many ryes so I figured why not plus it's hard to find in these parts.

I passed this many times but today just could not pass James Pepper 100 proof rye for $23.

I picked up this bottle of Blanton's in Grand Rapids yesterday. The shop got their own barrel. I mentioned to the shop owner that I thought Buffalo Trace only did single barrel selections for Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare. He told me that Michigan can only have two single barrels of Blanton's released in Michigan for the year and he was fortunate enough to get one. I was perplexed by that response and I still am. Then it dawned on me - even if this is true, who came up with this restriction? Buffalo Trace or the MLCC? At any rate, it's a damn fine bourbon.

post-8680-14489822261678_thumb.jpg

Picked up these dandies last night :-)

8e0b637a1837444ce35d3cb6360cfef3.jpg

Edited by whiskeyagonzo

Found a Virginia ABC store that got VOB BIB, HH6BIB and Old Ezra 7/101. $13/16/20 respectively. They're not even on the state list. I got a couple of each! Beats having to order online like I've had to do up until now

I picked up this bottle of Blanton's in Grand Rapids yesterday. The shop got their own barrel. I mentioned to the shop owner that I thought Buffalo Trace only did single barrel selections for Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare. He told me that Michigan can only have two single barrels of Blanton's released in Michigan for the year and he was fortunate enough to get one. I was perplexed by that response and I still am. Then it dawned on me - even if this is true, who came up with this restriction? Buffalo Trace or the MLCC? At any rate, it's a damn fine bourbon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20682[/ATTACH]

Single Lost Prophet last night.

Store is having a tax sale, where they pick are picking it up for you, so 10% discount takes a bit of the sting away.

B

My wife and I were out shopping today, and of course I just had to check out the liquor department at my local grocery store. :rolleyes: They didn't have what I was looking for, but they did have Beam Bonded. I'm kinda on the fence on this one, but I decided to go ahead and buy one. Kinda hard to pass up at $17.59 a bottle. :bigeyes:

Cheers! Joe

My wife and I were out shopping today, and of course I just had to check out the liquor department at my local grocery store. :rolleyes: They didn't have what I was looking for, but they did have Beam Bonded. I'm kinda on the fence on this one, but I decided to go ahead and buy one. Kinda hard to pass up at $17.59 a bottle. :bigeyes:

Cheers! Joe

post-12245-14489822263516_thumb.jpgGood day! 7x OWA 3 for me the rest for friends ($18.99) and Angels Envy CS ($160). I feel a purchasing intervention brewing....

Picked up two Old Grand Dad 114 today. I have never had it, but it seems to be well liked, so I'll try it!

Picked up the new MMCS 750 for $54.99. I liked the initial release. And this seems to be the only cask-strength wheater that makes it to the shelf these days. 'Bout time if you ask me!

mrs fox and i went back to the newly opened kroger liquor store today after grocery shopping so I could pick up the Bookers BMSB I passed on yesterday. at $48 out the door, i had to grab one.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!