What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

You might not like it- the 10 yr is low rye mashbill, while the 7 yr (and 8yr BP) are the high rye mashbill. The high rye is much spicier.

and awesome! Ive not had the non-barrel proofers of SAOS, as Ive found the barrel proofers to be spot on in profile and quality

and awesome! Ive not had the non-barrel proofers of SAOS, as Ive found the barrel proofers to be spot on in profile and quality

Is the 8 year the only one that is barrel proof?

loving the 7 year. So much that I've been picking up additional bottles.

I picked up a couple of Midswinters nights dram from Binnys after trying it at WF in Chicago. Not really High West fan, but this stuff was really tasty. Added a few Four Roses Barrel Strength Single Barrel OESK Bourbon Women Handpicked from Binnys. Hey, how could the bourbon women be wrong?

ive seen BP of both 7 and 8 year rye and bourbon SAOS. seems i saw the 7 year last year and pretty much everything i see now is 8 year. I figure it was sourced at the same time and released at different ages. If so, I look forward to possibly a 9 year BP next year, but would likely draw the line at that age

I have a 9 year SAOS BP bourbon, and it's pretty oak-forward.

I've only seen the 8 yr. barrel proof further south- never seen it in NJ or NY. I bought mine in MD. Definitely worth it if you like the 7 yr.- it's a more concentrated, tastier version, basically.

I've never seen them, but aren't the Very Old Scout bottlings higher proof? I thought they were mostly barrel picks as well.

I've only seen the 8 yr. barrel proof further south- never seen it in NJ or NY. I bought mine in MD. Definitely worth it if you like the 7 yr.- it's a more concentrated, tastier version, basically.

I've never seen them, but aren't the Very Old Scout bottlings higher proof? I thought they were mostly barrel picks as well.

I have both the 11 year and 19 year VOS bottlings and both are 100 proof. I won't pretend to know about the entire product line, however. I don't think they've put out any VOS for awhile now.

I have both the 11 year and 19 year VOS bottlings and both are 100 proof. I won't pretend to know about the entire product line, however. I don't think they've put out any VOS for awhile now.

After a dentist visit today, I bought an EWSB 2004. I've never had any of the EWSB, so I will probably crack it open later tonight.

I was in Vincennes, IN on Friday and hunted for some HH6yrBiB but didn't find any. So I brought home a fifth and a Texas fifth of J.W. Dant, a Russell's Reserve 10yr, and a EC12.

Just won a chance to buy Pappy 20 in ABC liquors Bourbon Lottery. Solid day!

Just won a chance to buy Pappy 20 in ABC liquors Bourbon Lottery. Solid day!

Can you say the price they're asking or maybe not?

Can you say the price they're asking or maybe not?

Standard Retail price.

I travel to Florida quite often and therefore entered the lottery as well. I won the opportunity to purchase at retail as well.......UNFORTUNATELY i got back from Florida on Sunday night and am not returning for quite a while....such a bummer.......

WOW!, that will be amazing. Good Luck!!!

Pretty stoked, I haven't had the chance to buy a bottle for about five years.

Picked up a new to me, Bourbon and a new to me, Straight Rye today.

Any thoughts on these will be appreciated.

post-12429-14489822255902_thumb.jpg

post-12429-14489822256091_thumb.jpg

post-12429-14489822256291_thumb.jpg

post-12429-14489822256499_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnnyflake45

Glad to find a Weller 12 on the shelf and my first sighting of Ezra Brooks 12 yr. Looking forward to tasting both of these. Left the MMCS at 54.99 on the shelf.

I went to replenish my VOBBIB supply; passed on it by picking up an IW Harper along with a liter WT101 Rye (first one I've seen) and a Green Spot which I've never tried. The IW Harper was hot for an 82 proof on the first sip but calmed down by the second. It's different.

OWA 750 x 4 in the DC burbs. Not sure what this goes for in other places, but I was very pleased at $18.99 / 750.

OWA 750 x 4 in the DC burbs. Not sure what this goes for in other places, but I was very pleased at $18.99 / 750.

I would be too. I paid $25 for it in MI which is state minimum.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!