What bourbon are you enjoying? Spring 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

42 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Quite a bit of a freshly opened WT 12 split label thanks to Mr Troyce. As well as a nip of a few other things. Thanks for those Joe.

Indeed!  Thank you, Troyce for opening up that WT 12 split label.  Great, great, whiskey.

16 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Met a friend I hadn't seen in a long time for a few beers then had a 2 oz pour of ORVW for $18. Later at home had some EC12 and the wood flavor really came through, in a good way. 

image.jpeg

Also enjoying a pour of 2015 ORVW 10

39 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

….. I am joining you with some Stagg Jr. Batch #4 as well, over a few ice cubes.  Stagg Jr. can stand up to the ice goshdarnit.  Great stuff.  Cheers.   

I wholeheartedly agree. Here's looking at you JR. :)

Started with some WTMK (a great bourbon) now having a mighty fine pour of OSSB 9y

My second pour of the '15 4R LE SmB and it's blowing my doors off. My first pour of this, a couple weeks ago from a freshly opened bottle, was good but did not wow me the way you expect LE's to do. It made amends with my taste buds this evening.

Since I'm going big tonight, (see above) I decided to stay there and follow up with some '14 GTS. As I've said many times before, GTS is my all time favorite (though various 4R iterations continue to nip at GTS's heels) and it's delivering this evening as it always does. I believe smokinjoe referred to GTS as the The King. I have to agree.

I went with Weller Centennial this morning.  So nice.

Classic whiskey, '14 FR SmB LE, and vintage barware make for an easy Saturday afternoon. Cheers! 

20160402_144221.jpg

Watching Twins @ Nats , the last Spring Training game with OGD BIB.  Getting ready to grill pork chops and corn.  I get to have another pour while watching the fire.  Is a good day.

The evening has started with some OWA at the house. Tonight will be dining with family and friends.

I will be going with WLW 134.6 & a 20 oz. ribeye. Just what the doctor ordered!

I'm having some OW 107 tonight my self. Think I'll stay with small pours of high proof tonight, Stagg Jr., ECBP, and 4R

1 hour ago, Canarse said:

Comparing Barrel Bourbon batch 5 vs. batch 6 tonight.

Don't leave us in suspense...

FRSmB and JDSB BP this evening.  Joe, I now know why you went gaga over this JD release... no banana! 

Did a double side by side tonight with a friend.  We did a Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 5 vs Voyage 6 followed by an Elmer T. Lee vs. Rock Hill Farms.  We were split on the Jefferson's with myself choosing the 5 and him choosing the 6.  We both agree that they are both excellent and it's worth doing this sbs again in the future.  As for the ETL vs. RHF, we were both surprised to have chosen the Rock Hill Farms.  Again, this is one that is worth revisiting.  It was kind of like choosing which of your kids you like better.

20160402_205807 (2).jpg

7 hours ago, Flyhighx said:

Did a double side by side tonight with a friend.  We did a Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 5 vs Voyage 6 followed by an Elmer T. Lee vs. Rock Hill Farms.  We were split on the Jefferson's with myself choosing the 5 and him choosing the 6.  We both agree that they are both excellent and it's worth doing this sbs again in the future.  As for the ETL vs. RHF, we were both surprised to have chosen the Rock Hill Farms.  Again, this is one that is worth revisiting.  It was kind of like choosing which of your kids you like better.

20160402_205807 (2).jpg

As much as I love ETL, I too prefer RHF...and if you ever get to try the older RHF with the gold chain, you will be astounded.

Last night I enjoyed a pour of Old Weller 107. I also consumed a couple pours of Willett Pot Still. I will kill that bottle. I will kill that bottle. I will kill that bottle. 

Having a generous pour (3-ounces?) of SB Blend (60/40 in favor of 107) over a big cube, while enjoying the Hawks cleaning the clock of the Bruins, thus helping my Wings to a bit of breathing space.... I certainly hope so, anyway.

The big pour should be enough to last the entire game, unless the Bostons make some huge comeback and send the game to OT.

Edited by Richnimrod
Subsequent developments.....

MAN!    WHEEEEEEWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!      I was not certain those three ounces would do the trick!    But the Chicagos did finally prevail and give the Wings a little air.     Thanx so much!

Since we just did 3 of the 7 of the Trail last weekend, I am well stocked. I brought home a dozen bottles of this and that. So far my faves are Buffalo Trace or Makers 46. Thankfully I can drink both! :lol:

I've been drinking EC12 for a while now, I think I may open something younger, I'm kinda in the mood for a young flavour profile.

I have taken a serious liking to Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve Single Barrel Select lately.  :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.