What bourbon are you enjoying? Spring 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I thought the first release of EHTBP was in 2012?

Either way EHTBP is always in my rotation.

I stock up when I can. Since it's a once a year release.

You could certainly be right, Louisiana.    I just had it stored among a few other bottles that were from '10, and '11. 

It very well may have been from'12; or even '13 for that matter.     I doubt it would've been later than that, though.

It's marked 134.5 proof, if that helps anyone with knowledge of these releases date it.

26 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

You could certainly be right, Louisiana.    I just had it stored among a few other bottles that were from '10, and '11. 

It very well may have been from'12; or even '13 for that matter.     I doubt it would've been later than that, though.

It's marked 134.5 proof, if that helps anyone with knowledge of these releases date it.

134.5 is the first release from 2012.

I've been in Italy since Sunday and it's been a bourbon wasteland. Lots of standard Jack here. I've seen Jim Beam White at one place (only passing by) and 4RYL at a couple others when it wasn't yet time to drink. I always strike out when ready to drink something so it's been a lot of negronis holding me over. Found some WT81 today for a boulevardier. 

Looking forward to the native spirit when we return.

21 hours ago, Tucker said:

Poured a few fingers of PHC Golden Anniversary to celebrate my birthday. 

Excellent pour & happy birthday! 

21 hours ago, Sluggo said:

Poured two fingers of Blanton's to celebrate my new job offer.

Excellent pour!

Best of luck with the new job offer. Think long term, before you know it it's 35-years later. 

It happens and I'm retiring this year (almost 35-years later). 

Trying Old Grand Dad Bonded tonight watching the warriors try and come back.  First time I've tried this.  It's fantastic, esp for the price.  Likely won't be my last bottle of it.  

Wheateds - 2 OZ. MM CS with a BIG ice cube.  Followed it with  2 OZ. of Larceny with a small ice cube.

Taking a page out of Special Reserve's book and starting a very relaxing morning with a small pour of paper label WSR and another of Louisville OC10

Well I late at posting this but this morning I had a 134.8 WLW diluted with a few drops of water.  I nice way to start my day at home.

Be well everyone.

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

Taking a page out of Special Reserve's book and starting a very relaxing morning with a small pour of paper label WSR and another of Louisville OC10

I'll gladly share my book.

I decided that I wanted something "special" while watching the Penguins game last night.  What a good decision and great experience.  The FRLESmB 2015 was delicious and the Pens won 5-0.

Henry McKenna BIB. Horrible stuff. You won't like it.. Honest. Leave it on the shelves.

Cheers all!

Having a pour of Russel Reserve Single Barrel Store select.  This pick is pretty tasty.  Need to see how it compares to my 101 8 year. 

6 minutes ago, ccleve23 said:

Having a pour of Russel Reserve Single Barrel Store select.  This pick is pretty tasty.  Need to see how it compares to my 101 8 year. 

Each PS RRSB is different, obviously.  But, I've had several that crush any 8 yr I've had.   

SB. Com HHSS #2 to fire up the end of a great week.

Some Lost Prophet to start the weekend, it's decent but still not overly impressed with it. Going to follow Joe's lead and have some HHSS#2 later on to make everything right with the world and to get ready for the Sampler!

Had an ounce or so of HHBIB during a fairly miserable afternoon of trying to deaden the pain of the morning's root canal, by sloshing a little of it on the gum and tooth and holding it there every fifteen minutes or so.   It made it at least tolerable as the novacaine wore off... and was pretty darned tasty to boot!

trying to finish off my bottle of ECBP since the cork is kinda loose.  got 2 pours left, gonna need to find a replacement soon!

20 minutes ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

trying to finish off my bottle of ECBP since the cork is kinda loose.  got 2 pours left, gonna need to find a replacement soon!

I'm doing the same. Damn those loose corks!

It's a delicious problem to have.

8 minutes ago, amg said:

I'm doing the same. Damn those loose corks!

It's a delicious problem to have.

that is quite the problem!  it's just so hard to find these bottles up here!

Having a nice pour of this, Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr. Single Barrel BIB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.