What bourbon are you enjoying? Spring 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I tried a pour of Dant BIB with a splash of EC12, neat.  It was pretty good.  Then I added an ice cube, and it completely transformed it - sooooo sweet, with a nice amount of oak on the finish.  Makes me wonder if a dribble of water would have had a similar effect...

Paying dues to the cult tonight with 4RLESmB '15. This is shaping up to be one of my favorite whiskeys of all time. (Keep in mind that I only started to branch out about 3 years ago so I don't have experience with some of those legendary bottles that some here have.) GTS has always held that throne for me but this one is a challenger. It's a good problem to have.

It's hard to compete with '15 4R SmB^^^^.  

Went to a friends house down the road to night to cook on an open fire. We made it a tribute to Merle Haggard, listening to his songs and cooking steaks, and drinking a little........

image.jpeg

Currently away on business in Poland. Not a huge selection in the hotel bar but they have Blantons Single Barrel. So not complaining.

Cheers all!

When I see some of you comparing the 4rsmble releases is kind of like hearing a comparison of which super model is the best in bed. I'm not ever going to know what any of them, so reading these threads leave me with absolutely no compassion for your plights.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

When I see some of you comparing the 4rsmble releases is kind of like hearing a comparison of which super model is the best in bed. I'm not ever going to know what any of them, so reading these threads leave me with absolutely no compassion for your plights.

I was thinking the same thing. I am fortunate enough to try them all and even still, it sounds a bit ridiculous.

I am enjoying the last three fingers of my bottle of 1792 Small Batch. I keep forgetting how good this is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EC12 which remains one of my favorites (good thing I stocked up) followed by 4RSB (also one of my favorites). Will cap the night with one of many 4R PS bottles that I have open right now.

Parker's Heritage Wheat Whiskey 13 yo , that's the one i'm gonna try tonight, the bottle came in by the mail this morning as well as a GTS 2010 (this one, i'm gonna keep it for a great occasion). I'm very excited , read a lot of good reviews about it. 

IMG_6940.JPG

Just popped open my first Four Roses Single Barrel OESQ. I'm letting it breathe as I write. I had some OESK around the holidays and must say I enjoyed it enough to go out and bunker two more bottles. My local store has a good supply of various recipes. I assume there is a thread here comparing everyone's favorite choice.

A little Evan Williams Black with one ice cube in a paper cup in a hotel room is tasting mighty fine tonight.

3 minutes ago, amg said:

A little Evan Williams Black with one ice cube in a paper cup in a hotel room is tasting mighty fine tonight.

Ha!  I get ya!  Some of my best bourbon tasting experiences have been standard issue bourbons out of a paper or plastic cup in a hotel room.  There is something very centering to it.  

I just rewarded myself for installing my car stereo with a sniff of ec12, and then some jd. The winner was the jack hands down. I'm always going to get the same thing, and is always going to taste like I remember.

Picked up a "remainder" 4R OBSK on sale last week to replace the quickly disappearing OBSK I bought at the same store when it first arrived.  SO, I am sipping on some of the "old" OBSK before it spoils.  Can't find the "best by . . ." date.

28 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Picked up a "remainder" 4R OBSK on sale last week to replace the quickly disappearing OBSK I bought at the same store when it first arrived.  SO, I am sipping on some of the "old" OBSK before it spoils.  Can't find the "best by . . ." date.

I like your style. Can't be too careful with an OBSK. 

I went with some classic EC12, some classic WT101, and capped it off with an OBSF.

Booker's 2015-05 and some hotel internet (after 8wks of crappy offshore satellite dial-up speed corporate firewalled). Life is good.

Started with ETL tonight. My palate is a little off tonight but ETL is still bring some good flavors. 

Having a pour or two of this Jim Beam Signature Craft Quarter Cask Finished Small Batch (3rd Release). Nice sweetness, low ABV, need to check it out a little bit further.

3 hours ago, meadeweber said:

Started with ETL tonight. My palate is a little off tonight but ETL is still bring some good flavors. 

I have some of this. Easily available here in CO, where as in UT non-existent. Very nice stuff. Still no sign of GTS:)

Edited by MTNBourbon

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

I have some of this. Easily available here in CO, where as in UT non-existent. Very nice stuff. Still no sign of GTS:)

Hmmm.  I haven't seen any in a liquor store in quite a while.  Restaurants and bars have it, but nothing on the shelves.  Where are you shopping?

I poured a couple of fingers of Rock Hill Farms tonight.  Still my favorite open bottle right now.

Celebrated finishing my tax returns (procrastinator that I am) and EC18 is hitting the spot.  Well it was after the third or fourth pour.

ECBP 128 proof. I have a cold, so you know, medicinal purposes or somethin...

Cheers all!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.