What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, BDanner said:

What's up with the green netting on the OGD114?

A sign of a good liquor store, is what's up...The green netting is to protect the bottles from clanging together and possibly breaking in transit with a multi-bottle purchase.  Not all do it, but I appreciate those who do.

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

A sign of a good liquor store, is what's up...The green netting is to protect the bottles from clanging together and possibly breaking in transit with a multi-bottle purchase.  Not all do it, but I appreciate those who do.

1 hour ago, flahute said:

^^^^^^This. I appreciate it as well. 

SOP of Binny's for years. A great liquor store and best friend of SB. 

Another ECBP 136 proof, since I so totally love the bottle I'm on now.  And, a family size of a new Jackie's FW&S private selection of Buffalo Trace.   

9 hours ago, BobbieJoe said:

Picked up a small bottle of Rare Breed for football Sunday  

image.jpeg

Very nice choice.

I had a $10 off coupon that was going to expire today so I went and got me a bottle of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Barrel Select.

I picked up a FRSB PS OESV, 10yr 2mo, RN 57-2K, 55.1% ABV, bottled April 2016, and an ETL from the current allocation to Oregon that hit late last week.

Edited by Journeyman

I live in Indiana so I bought nothing today.  Last night, I roamed into one higher priced chain stores in the Indy area since it is located next to the pizza shop and my pizzas weren't ready.  They were having a 20% off sale which put their prices in line with my regular store.  However, they had marked down a store select WTKS to $39.99 and with the additional 20% off, I was able to pick one up for $31.99.  

Picked up these gems this weekend. The true definition of honey barrels.

Thanks to a good tip from a good buddy, I'll be adding them to the bunker. Cheers'!

image.jpeg

Picked up these gems this weekend. The true definition of honey barrels.

Thanks to a good tip from a good buddy, I'll be adding them to the bunker. Cheers'!

image.jpeg

Is that Cases of both????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Came across a FRPS OBSV for the first time, so had to add a couple of those to my collection.  9 year 5 month, 113 proof.

Special delivery from Utah by a very thoughtful friend!

High West Light MWND.JPG

The "Light Whiskey" was distilled by MGP between 1999-2001 (so still Seagram at that time) to above 160 but below 190 and is corn aged in refill barrels for 14 years that was recently found and released by David. It was likely destined for blending in Canadian whiskey but apparently never found a home . It was available a the Distillery only I am told but a few made their way to me this weekend thanks to a very thoughtful friend. Added in are a couple of the latest MWND (Act 4 Scene 3) for some Fall weather drinking pleasure!

But I should also note that there may well be a tiny little sign of the impending apocalyptic clouds over Park City in this picture. ..

Or it may just be a brief shower, whose to say at this point?

Had the chance to stop into Warehouse Liquors in the East Village the other day. I had a wish list, Weller OWA, 12 & Elmer T. Lee, no dice on any of them. Settled for what I knew should be available.

Larceny, Willet 1.75, (one of the coolest bottles ever), Four Roses Yellow label, Bernheim Wheat Whiskey & Rittenhouse Rye Bottled in Bond. A nice haul considering "Winter is Coming." 

36 minutes ago, RT Fan said:

Had the chance to stop into Warehouse Liquors in the East Village the other day. I had a wish list, Weller OWA, 12 & Elmer T. Lee, no dice on any of them. Settled for what I knew should be available.

Larceny, Willet 1.75, (one of the coolest bottles ever), Four Roses Yellow label, Bernheim Wheat Whiskey & Rittenhouse Rye Bottled in Bond. A nice haul considering "Winter is Coming." 

The days of finding anything Weller or ETL in NY/NJ seem to be long gone (at least without gouging).  I assume you are talking about Warehouse Liquors down the street from Astor Wines? 

I don't have an exact recollection of timing, but I'd say up to about 4 years ago or so, Warehouse Liquors was flush with Weller 12.  Not too many places had it, but Warehouse did.  And at $20.99 per bottle.  This is when Weller 12 was still sought after, and low in supply and distribution, but not at the level of craziness of today.  I used to take the subway down to Warehouse after work, pick up a few bottles of W12, and then commute home with them.  I accumulated a bunch of bottles of W12 at the time, and fortunately still have a supply.  But as is often the case, I should have bought more.

Walked into a local liquor store and couldn't believe my eyes. 6 bottles of EC barrel proof sitting out on the shelf. I brought 2 up and told the clerk I couldn't believe I found these. He said they were sitting there for a month. I went back and grabbed the other 4 and told him I felt bad. He told me not to worry about it that as there was plenty of opportunity for others to pick them up.

Managed to score a bottle of EC18 today. Took it to the register to check out and it rang up as $36 and change. I couldn't believe my eyes and had to say something to clerk about the price not being right. I am all for getting a deal whenever possible but that would have been just plain robbery. As it turns out it was $100 short. Wish I still would have gotten the deal, but feel better about myself for being fair and honest.

Managed to score a bottle of EC18 today. Took it to the register to check out and it rang up as $36 and change. I couldn't believe my eyes and had to say something to clerk about the price not being right. I am all for getting a deal whenever possible but that would have been just plain robbery. As it turns out it was $100 short. Wish I still would have gotten the deal, but feel better about myself for being fair and honest.

Well done Sir!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.