What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a couple 1792 Port Finish to serve as Christmas gifts for my dad and sister.  Left one on the shelf.  Almost got it for myself despite having 4 in the bunker.  Great wintertime pour.

23 hours ago, camduncan said:

Picked up a couple of bottles of store pick Old Forester Single Barrel on our family vacation to HI last week.  it's not available here in Australia, so was a nice find.  I also grabbed a Crown Royal XO (also not available here) and a Japanese Hibiki Harmony Masters Select Special Edition at the Duty Free shop on the way back into Brisbane to round out the trip...

Also curious on the Hibiki as I passed on that one when traveling. Grabbed a Blanton's Gold as well as a Talisker Port Ruighe and Dalmore Regalis. London was fun to whisk(e)y shop, but quite pricey.

Not comfortable with idea of you being a broad...[emoji185]

You know what you're picturing right? It's actually much worse.

Found another ECBP today...a bit pricey at $67, but when all you ever see is the occasional one bottle on the shelf, you just pay the cashier and be thankful that you found it at fairly reasonable pice. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I picked up a Henry McKenna on the recommendation of those on here. I'm looking forward to popping this in the next few weeks.

Found another ECBP today...a bit pricey at $67, but when all you ever see is the occasional one bottle on the shelf, you just pay the cashier and be thankful that you found it at fairly reasonable pice. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear you, picked up 2 bottles of release 12 for $65 on Tuesday and was actually glad to pay it.

Handy, William Larue Weller, and Rebel Yell 10 yo single barrel.  Good day!

Good day is an understatement!

I felt lucky to snag a bottle of ECBP batch 12. Last bottle on the shelf - the clerk said they got 4 bottles but a guy had come in earlier and bought 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, Richnimrod said:

OOOOOOOOH!    That will be some stellar Bourbon, my friend.    You may officially color me envious (if you can remember where that outline drawing of me is to be found...HA!). 

I would say something like; "Enjoy"... but, that just seems superfluous.

I'm jealous too. That's a classic.

16 hours ago, Redslayer said:

A pair of 12s.  The W12 was the last one on the shelf and the OFBB was not even in the bourbon isle...found it on an end cap behind some boxed holiday sets.

RenderedContent-2E9C297B-3D54-40E8-A605-14DF8893322F.JPG

Nice score.

Found a 1.75 of EC12 and scooped it up since I've never had it and want to try it with the age statement.  Going to try and hit a couple more stores today as the fiancée is busy.  

Picked up a Hancock's Reserve. Curious about comparing it to some of its siblings in the BT mash bill #2 lineup. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:08 PM, BigRich said:

Cam, I would love to know your thoughts on the Hibiki relative to standard Japanese Harmony. I almost pulled the trigger on one last time I was abroad.

I'll have to let you know late in the year / early next as the family have locked it away until my birthday (12/12).  I've had a standard Harmony open for a few months now, and while generally ok, it's no 12yo or 17yo either.  Japanese whisky is huge Downunder right now.  Most in the local whisky communities don't rate Harmony at all in any form (next to the 12yo), but given anything age stated is non-existent now with the shortages, it's as good as it gets for Hibiki when you can find it.

On a side note, there's a Japanese whisky called Mars Iwai that is aged in bourbon barrels and is apparently as close to bourbon as Japanese gets.  I've not tried it yet (it runs about $95 a bottle), but it is next on my 'to try' hit list if I can find it at a bar :) 

446883d9cc55276b25c986526f3914ff.jpg

Nothing rare here.... But nonetheless some good bourbon. At least the Buffalo Trace is. Haven't tried the Larceny and only a small sample of the Rebel Yell. Got a good deal on the Rebel Yell since they were doing a promo at the store. $20 plus a free t shirt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bought an EC12 with the red 12. I've got an unopened family size bottle in the bunker but figure this will give me a standard size bottle to drink and reload to save some shelf space. $33 which is more than I used to pay when I had multiple stores to choose from. 

Grabbed a KCSB 1.75L today.  Knob Creek was my first bourbon, so I have a soft spot for it and wanted to stock up on the age-stated bottling while I still could.

011169d6b1f731bf364f6aa254530d8d.jpg

Going to a be warm winter. Just picked up 3 bottle of 12 year tonighthe in GA. Out the door for 27 each.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've been taking a break from picking up new bottles over the last month or so and been trying to drink down a little of my bunker selections. Broke out of my hiatus by picking up a 750ml of OWA for $24, a 750ml of KC Single Barrel for $29, and a Noah's Mill for $47.

This is my first time trying Noah's Mill... Looking forward to breaking the seal on it!

It was a good and expensive trip to KY this weekend. Unfortunately all I ended up bringing back where Rye Whiskeys. Found a bottle of Rendezvous Rye at a good price, along with a bottle of Baby Saz and then got lucky in a lottery this morning for a bottle of THH.

Picked up a Barterhouse for $79.99 and a CEHTSmB for $39.99 on my trip to Chicago last week.  Hoping to pick up some more bottles this week when I return to Chi-town.

12 hours ago, WatchUrSix said:

011169d6b1f731bf364f6aa254530d8d.jpg

Going to a be warm winter. Just picked up 3 bottle of 12 year tonighthe in GA. Out the door for 27 each.

Very Nice!

Six, Was that W12 on the shelf or did you have to ask for it? Enjoy!!

It was on the shelf. Little store in Eatonton, GA. She even made the comment, "I thought I was never sell that stuff." [emoji14] There was a bunch of OW, throughout my ride. I only wish I had more time to look around and more money. I'm in the dog house this morning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.