What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, Richdel said:

Is the RY 10YOSB a year-long offering, or is it a seasonal offering (once it sells out thats all until next time, maybe...)?

I saw somewhere it was a 2000 case run so depending on the information I have (video shows 12 bottle cases - NC website shows 6 bottle cases) either 28,000 plus bottles or 14,000 plus bottles

With Blantons getting harder to come by in Houston, I lucked out and found one sitting on the shelf at $60 at a little mom and pop place down the road from my house. Always good to have a backup. Buy it when I see it. 

I picked up an OF 1920 Prohibition.  I am not sure if this is the first release in Indiana but I assume it is.  The price was right for a bottle of 115 proof OF.  I was told they sold out pretty quickly.

Bought my first two bottles of OWA107.  Still looking for the elusive W12.  I won't give up the hunt...

16 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Oh Hell Yeah!    A chance to own, experience and share a 24-year-old Bourbon put up by Parker Beam?   At Wholesale???   Definite windfall!    Good for you Char!    Enjoy!

Thanks Rich!

Picked it up tonight. 

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, Richdel said:

Is the RY 10YOSB a year-long offering, or is it a seasonal offering (once it sells out thats all until next time, maybe...)?

Great question and I am not sure of the answer. I think I have heard somewhere that this would be a seasonal offering so get it while the getting is good. Lord only knows what future batches may taste like.

2 hours ago, $helby said:

2016 FR LE SmB

Did you find that in NC or out of state? I was told none was being sent to NC. Not that it surprises me with all of the wrong information being given out these days.

1 hour ago, Charlutz said:

Thanks Rich!

Picked it up tonight. 

image.jpeg

Stunning.  Absolutely stunning.

11 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

OOOOOOOOH!    That will be some stellar Bourbon, my friend.    You may officially color me envious (if you can remember where that outline drawing of me is to be found...HA!). 

I would say something like; "Enjoy"... but, that just seems superfluous.

Thanks, i will. I was already a fan of the 101 8 yo export edition which is very nice than i saw a post here, WT8 versus WT12, i didn't know there was a 12 yo, so i checked and i found it on Ebay.be, the sad part is, only one bottle was available. I'm not complaining, i'm gonna drink it slowly. 

Cheers!

20 hours ago, elmossle said:

Did you find that in NC or out of state? I was told none was being sent to NC. Not that it surprises me with all of the wrong information being given out these days.

NC .  Was on the list for a bottle last year and got the call Tuesdsy that I was on the top of the list if I wanted one this year.     Actually thought it was an Elliott's Select LE and was surprised to see it was a Sm B.     Worked out perfect as a friend gave me a bottle of Elliott's Select a couple of weeks ago.    I have never before obtained a bottle of either so guess this is my lucky year !  Hopefully I can set up a tasting with both when my family is together for Thanksgiving.    

Picked up a couple of bottles of store pick Old Forester Single Barrel on our family vacation to HI last week.  it's not available here in Australia, so was a nice find.  I also grabbed a Crown Royal XO (also not available here) and a Japanese Hibiki Harmony Masters Select Special Edition at the Duty Free shop on the way back into Brisbane to round out the trip...

I was able to find a bottle of OFBB 2016 - it had just been delivered & the guy at the register wasn't sure if someone had special ordered it. I left my name & contact, & he said he would call me if it wasn't taken. I didn't hear a thing, returned the next day, asked about it & the assistant manager said as far as she was aware, no one had ordered it so go ahead & sell it. :D

Read somewhere that this is a good year for this one.

Just found a PHC10 for $239 in Chicago - it came home with me and is waiting for the weekend - beautiful color, regardless of reviews, I'm eager to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a Stagg Jr Batch 6 last night. I stopped at a few shady-to-very shady (with bars on the windows) stores after work last night ooking for W12, halfway expecting to come up with it, but this isn't a bad consolation prize.

Picked up a couple of bottles of store pick Old Forester Single Barrel on our family vacation to HI last week.  it's not available here in Australia, so was a nice find.  I also grabbed a Crown Royal XO (also not available here) and a Japanese Hibiki Harmony Masters Select Special Edition at the Duty Free shop on the way back into Brisbane to round out the trip...

Cam, I would love to know your thoughts on the Hibiki relative to standard Japanese Harmony. I almost pulled the trigger on one last time I was abroad.

Recent talk about Stagg Jr (which may well be the only Stagg I can get this year!) inspired me to pick up a batch 6 and batch 7 today for low to mid $50's I think. Haven't bought any for quite some time. Indeed I still have some of the infamous batch 1 left. Might be a fun comparison.

I was at a local store's whiskey tasting that featured American, Canadian, Scotch, Irish, and Japanese whiskies.  You pay $20 for the tasting but get a $20 voucher to deduct from any purchase, so it feels like you're getting a discount (which if you value the tasting itself at $20, you are).  There was a raffle for a host of "allocated" bottles, or at least stuff I don't see on the shelf often anymore, like ETL, RHF, OWA, EHTBP, etc.  All tasters get a raffle ticket that, if drawn, entitles you to purchase a bottle of your choice.  I walked away with a Hancock's President's Reserve.  It is one of the only BT Mashbill #2 bourbons that I haven't had (also in that camp would be Ancient Age 10 yr and 10 Star).  I considered grabbing a RHF but it was $70 and I have a bottle open at home right now.

Jason

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Recent talk about Stagg Jr (which may well be the only Stagg I can get this year!) inspired me to pick up a batch 6 and batch 7 today for low to mid $50's I think. Haven't bought any for quite some time. Indeed I still have some of the infamous batch 1 left. Might be a fun comparison.

After buying a bottle of batch #1, I was content to not give Stagg Jr any more attention. Then I tasted batch #3. :o And then batch #4. I bought batch #3 bottles when I could find them. I actually just bought two bottles of batch #3 a few weeks ago. The store also had two bottles of batch #4 on the shelf. I left them for the time being, but I might have to see if they're still there next time I'm near that store. 

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

After buying a bottle of batch #1, I was content to not give Stagg Jr any more attention. Then I tasted batch #3. :o And then batch #4. I bought batch #3 bottles when I could find them. I actually just bought two bottles of batch #3 a few weeks ago. The store also had two bottles of batch #4 on the shelf. I left them for the time being, but I might have to see if they're still there next time I'm near that store. 

I just checked my spreadsheet, apparently I have a batch #1 left in inventory as well.  But it also looks like I have emptied four other bottles of that batch so I must not have thought it was as bad as some of y'all!  I've also emptied two 2s and a 3, batch 5 is currently open, and I have a batch 1, 4, and 6 in the bunker.

47 minutes ago, miller542 said:

Picked up a 1792 Full Proof today.  Looking forward to trying this one.

Nice, enjoy.  It seems there is not much middle ground on the FP--it's either a hot mess, or really good.  Fortunately, I fall in the latter camp, and find it quite good.  I don't remember what I spent, but it wasn't much.

A pair of 12s.  The W12 was the last one on the shelf and the OFBB was not even in the bourbon isle...found it on an end cap behind some boxed holiday sets.

RenderedContent-2E9C297B-3D54-40E8-A605-14DF8893322F.JPG

9 hours ago, BigRich said:

Cam, I would love to know your thoughts on the Hibiki relative to standard Japanese Harmony. I almost pulled the trigger on one last time I was abroad.

Not comfortable with idea of you being a broad...:ph34r:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.