What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Killed off a bottle of KC and continued on the open bottle attack with a pour of OB Gift Horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second pour out of this bottle of OF1920 I got for my birthday.  This stuff is liquid chocolate covered cherries with a kick!

Started with some Four Roses Elliot's Select - tasty stuff that is.  Got some Booker's Noe Secret right now (hang on, tasting cinnamon, odd) and Larceny is on deck before bed.

OWA for me this evening. This bottle has been sitting about half full in my liquor cabinet for the past month or so and tonight was the time to take a couple pours off of it. Just plain lovely stuff.

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, somehow I managed to have a fairly decent day at work for a change. :huh: So I got home from work, did a few chores, and decided to experiment.......again. :) Yet another one of my Weller concoctions. ^_^ This time I vatted a PS Weller SR, Binny's OWA and Weller 12. It's been a while since I've had a Weller Centennial open, but if my palate memory serves me correctly, this vatting is pretty gosh darned close to Centennial and/or the original SB blend. I'll have to check my inventory/spreadsheet and see if I have more of what I used. If so, I may have come up with what I'll be bringing to our get together in April. :D

Cheers! Joe

What are the dates for that? I may be in Kentucky in April.

ECBP, Batch #11 (139.4 pf) - neat, in small delicious sips.  Warms all the way down on a cool winter's night.   :wub:

14 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

At least a couple of pours of some ETL, not much left with this bottle.

Finished it off.

It was continuing with clearing open bottles for me with a KC hitting the bin and a smaller dent in the open bottle of Gifted Horse

Second pour from a recently opened but purchased years ago 4RSib. It was fantastic which wasn't a surprise but the intensity of flavor almost had me go back to check that I poured what I thought I did and not the 4RPS next to it (which I knew I didn't as they have different flavor profiles, but it had me wonderin). Just a wonderful midweek experience.

I was in the mood for a wheater and something strong at the same time, found it! 

Cheers ! 

Will. 

IMG_7943.JPG

3 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

I was in the mood for a wheater and something strong at the same time, found it! 

Cheers ! 

Will. 

IMG_7943.JPG

Nice!! Enjoy. Not cracked mine yet.

Having some CEHT SiB. Cheers!

4 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Second pour from a recently opened but purchased years ago 4RSib. It was fantastic which wasn't a surprise but the intensity of flavor almost had me go back to check that I poured what I thought I did and not the 4RPS next to it (which I knew I didn't as they have different flavor profiles, but it had me wonderin). Just a wonderful midweek experience.

I had an almost identical experience recently. Some of those FRSiB from years past were pretty spectacular. The one I was drinking was a 9yo private selection (of the OBSV 100 proof variety) and it was better than the FR cask-strength private selections I've had recently.

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers ! 

Will. 

IMG_7943.JPG

Very Nice! Wish it would show up in GJ.

Standard Bottling Knob Creek tonight. Great balance with just a little extra oak bite. Nice. Barely picking up the hints of maple smoke I typically associate with my KC. Funny how experiences can vary, even within the same bottle, depending on the night. Skol SB'ers!

EWBIB and Dickel 9yo.  Been that way for awhile, hard to move on to something new because I enjoy them so mucn.

Started with Blantons and moved on to EWSB '08. The Blanton's is just a fantastic pour but I was surprised at how good the EWSB'08 was.  

Lets see….started off with a pour of RHF. After the kids went to bed, it was time to move on to some 1792 High Rye. Once I finished that off, I decided it could use a little more and went with some HH6yrBIB. Now getting up for work in the morning is going to be a bit more challenging.

Bought my first bottle of Dickel 9 year today. I understand the Vitamin note that everyone gets. It not bad though. Very flavorful & easy to drink. I'll post more notes after some time spent with the bottle. A hotel in New Orleans didn't want their barrel, so it was distributed throughout Louisiana. Thought that was interesting. I also received word that my BIL procured me a restaurant select SAOS bottle from NOLA too. Can't wait to get that in.

Cheers, Jeff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.