What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

polished off a KC 9 year 1.75 today. a bit more than I should've. Then, sipped on some SAOS 8 year BP bourbon. nice

Currently having Eagle Rare 10 year with 2 small ice cubes - I must say, it's absolutely delicious - one of my favourites 

image.jpg

38 minutes ago, Andy Mack said:

Currently having Eagle Rare 10 year with 2 small ice cubes - I must say, it's absolutely delicious - one of my favourites 

I see you're from Hull, England -- that's very cool.  Want to visit there some day -- big, big fan of Mick Ronson, Hull's favorite son!

8 minutes ago, Steve L said:

I see you're from Hull, England -- that's very cool.  Want to visit there some day -- big, big fan of Mick Ronson, Hull's favorite son!

Haha fantastic! The whole band the spiders from mars were from hull! 

Love that era of Bowie but then again, I love nearly all eras of him ;)

Edited by Andy Mack

Just now, Andy Mack said:

Haha fantastic! The whole band the spiders from mars were from hull! 

Love that era of Bowie but then again, I love nearly all eras of him ????

Love (nearly!) all eras too, but like so many others, that one the best...  Raise that next glass of ER for the Spiders for sure...  : )

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit and it's a good one. Right now everything WT can do no wrong for my palate. 

Started the night off with a Stagg Jr.  Closing it down with a 2013 Michter's 10.  Still one of the greatest noses I've had the pleasure of smelling in all of bourbon-dom.

Edited by garbanzobean

3 hours ago, beasled said:

Moved onto a 2015 ORVW. Cheers all! 

Screenshot_20170107-230959.png

Well, between SOAS and ORVW10, you are having (had) a good night.  Based on your time stamp, you must be drinking well into the morning. 

Knob Creek 9 Year.  Adding the age to the brand makes it sound so special.  Either way, still enjoying it.

Parkers Blend of Mashbills.

Some may cringe, but this takes extra water wonderfully. I think it's much better at a lower proof.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laying in bed after a tough day with some Buffalo Trace to relax.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, garbanzobean said:

Started the night off with a Stagg Jr.  Closing it down with a 2013 Michter's 10.  Still one of the greatest noses I've had the pleasure of smelling in all of bourbon-dom.

Lots of Michter's hate around here. I am one of those haters in many regards. But, I loved the 14' and earlier M10s. One bottle of M10 I had very well may have been my all time favorite bottle of bourbon.

Too bad the 15/16 stuff is such a far cry from the earlier vintages

19 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Lots of Michter's hate around here. I am one of those haters in many regards. But, I loved the 14' and earlier M10s. One bottle of M10 I had very well may have been my all time favorite bottle of bourbon.

Too bad the 15/16 stuff is such a far cry from the earlier vintages

Earlier vintages had much older bourbon in them.

Having some 4R Ltd Edition Small Batch 2015, and watching my Detroit Lions do what they always do in the playoffs.....choke and die. SOL. Same Old Lions. Congrats to the Seahawks Fans here, but that shouldn't have been a surprise. It's the fricken Lions.

2 minutes ago, silverc said:

Having some 4R Ltd Edition Small Batch 2015, and watching my Detroit Lions do what they always do in the playoffs.....choke and die. SOL. Same Old Lions. Congrats to the Seahawks Fans here, but that shouldn't have been a surprise. It's the fricken Lions.

Sorry your team let you down again. Happy for the win and am already predicting a loss to the Falcons next week. Enjoying some Russel's 10yr bourbon, 6yr rye, and have some Single Barrel on deck.

Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Barrel Proof -- been open for a couple weeks now -- and it is tasting phenomenal. Wow. This one is 128.6 proof.  And it's round and deeeeep and lovely.

Saw these starting to go for prices in the mid 50's -- seems like it has not flown off the shelves.  I recommend snagging one if you can for under $60.  Even at $65 it's a good buy, I believe...

After spending the late morning and early afternoon clearing the driveway of snow and moving on to sledding with the 4yr old. I spent the afternoon warming up with a nice pour of RHF which really hit the spot. I wanted to stay in the BT family but just up the proof for my next glass, I opened a bottle of Stagg Jr. which was perfect on this cold evening.

11 hours ago, beasled said:

Last pour of this very decent SAOS 8. Quite spicy, oaky and a ton of caramel.

Cheers!

Screenshot_20170107-221330.png

11 hours ago, beasled said:

That was one hell of an evening for you, great bottles right here.

Cheers! 

This forum has such a fantastic community, I have only been drinking bourbon for a couple months and already I love everything about it, the searching, the trying, the conversations around it, the social aspect - I don't know why I didn't try it sooner!! (TBH when I was younger I hated the stuff!)

9 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Well, between SOAS and ORVW10, you are having (had) a good night.  Based on your time stamp, you must be drinking well into the morning. 

Was a good night. Was in bed before midnight though!

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

That was one hell of an evening for you, great bottles right here.

Cheers! 

No complaints that's for sure. Cheers! 

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit and it's a good one. Right now everything WT can do no wrong for my palate. 

It's kind of cool when you get in those grooves. One of the many things I like about whiskey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, beasled said:

Maybe some day. Enjoy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.