What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, beasled said:

Nice!! Enjoy. Not cracked mine yet.

Having some CEHT SiB. Cheers!

You should, it's on hell of dram, i've heard the 2016 is great, i'm sure you're gonna love it. I've killed two bottles of CETH SiB, one CETH Rye, loved them all, still searching for the BP version. 

Cheers!

Will.

6 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Bought my first bottle of Dickel 9 year today. I understand the Vitamin note that everyone gets. It not bad though. Very flavorful & easy to drink. I'll post more notes after some time spent with the bottle. A hotel in New Orleans didn't want their barrel, so it was distributed throughout Louisiana. Thought that was interesting. I also received word that my BIL procured me a restaurant select SAOS bottle from NOLA too. Can't wait to get that in.

Cheers, Jeff

I love that vitamin note, very unique. 

13 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

You should, it's on hell of dram, i've heard the 2016 is great, i'm sure you're gonna love it. I've killed two bottles of CETH SiB, one CETH Rye, loved them all, still searching for the BP version. 

Cheers!

Will.

Not had the rye yet, it's on my list. Hoping to pick it up a bit cheaper in the US at some point. 

I have some CEHT Barrel Proofs that have yet to be opened... all in good time!

Cheers

At the gun club last night finished off a bottle of 4R OBSO. And had some OC 10y to finish the night. 

17 hours ago, Louisiana said:

IMG_0489.JPG

Very nice, i'm searching actively for this one, how is it ?

Cheers ! 

Will

15 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Very nice, i'm searching actively for this one, how is it ?

Cheers ! 

Will

First impressions are really good. I'm gonna echo beasled & say very unique. The whole vitamin note thing had me hesitant to buy a bottle, but am glad I did. No heat (103 Proof),great flavor, & different.

Cheers, Jeff

I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's nowhere to find in Belgium, i can get the barrel select but i'm sure it's not quite the same it don't have an age statement. 

Maybe one day i'll be able to taste this.

Cheers ! 

3 hours ago, Tennessee Dave said:

IMG_4692.jpg

You are reading my mind tonight.

New to the forum, originally from Elizabethtown, KY and lived in Lexington, KY for awhile but in Dayton, OH now. Probably younger than most here (27) but I am a big bourbon fan and love to visit the distilleries as well. Don't have a large collection yet but am enjoying some WT101, Woodford Reserve, Russell's Reserve 10, Blanton's, 1792 and Eagle Rare this winter. Have a few UK bottles I have kept but hope to build up a real collection soon. Cheers. 

New to the forum, originally from Elizabethtown, KY and lived in Lexington, KY for awhile but in Dayton, OH now. Probably younger than most here (27) but I am a big bourbon fan and love to visit the distilleries as well. Don't have a large collection yet but am enjoying some WT101, Woodford Reserve, Russell's Reserve 10, Blanton's, 1792 and Eagle Rare this winter. Have a few UK bottles I have kept but hope to build up a real collection soon. Cheers. 

Don't worry. I'm only 27 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Ages range from 21 to Methuselah around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that Jimmy's middle name?

OT - transitioning from the dark side with some 1792 FP.  What a difference - just aggressive and up in your face in a delicious way

22 hours ago, Louisiana said:

IMG_0489.JPG

Very cool! Since John has been gone for nearly 2 yrs now I can't imagine there's much of this batch left?

If I'm wrong jump in big. 

I'm enjoying a fresh bottle of a serendipitous FR OBSF private pick. This thing is loaded with caramel, corn, spice, herbal notes, mint, and more spice. Have five more bunkered...must...drink...slower...!

Edited by gtg1

Having a side by side, by side tonight. BB batch 5,8,and 9. I know all are very good, but I'll let y'all know later which one I give the edge too. IMG_1120.JPG

Started off with some standard Makers Mark, and now I'm into some Stagg Jr.  This is my first bottle of the Stagg Jr., and this stuff is good.  Glad I bought 2 (had to celebrate the college football trophy coming back to Clemson).

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

Having a side by side, by side tonight. BB batch 5,8,and 9. I know all are very good, but I'll let y'all know later which one I give the edge too. IMG_1120.JPG

Impressively even fill levels on all three bottles.

28 minutes ago, flahute said:

Impressively even fill levels on all three bottles.

I'm an equal opportunity drinker......

Great post as usual all!  Yesterdays pickup was a bottle of SAOS SB 10 yr, DN 1843, and today a bottle of Lagavulin 8 year 200th anniversary, along with some solid samplers of KC 2001 batch 1 # 2 and ow 12 .  It's been a good last two days. 

Out of all SAOS has to be some of my favorite, bountiful supply @ the local store of 10 year luckily!

Edited by Malakai432

3 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Had a nice pour of Pikesville rye, working on some ER10 PS now.  

I need to pick up another bottle of Pikesville soon, some of my favorite whiskey.  I keep telling my friends even if they don't like ryes, or any other whiskies sides Bourbons and/or Scotches, to try PV and it could be a game changer.

Started off the evening with a couple pours of OGD114, then moved to a couple pours of Booker's (Toogie's), now I'm having a bit of MWND for dessert.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.