What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Parker's Heritage 24-year old BIB in honor of the passing of Parker Beam, who gave us all so much great whiskey.    Cheers to his family who must have been suffering unimaginably as he dwindled away before their eyes.   So sad.

Finished the last 2 oz. of my one and only KC 2001 (bottle 12,392 of Batch 1) and the last 2 oz. of a 4R SmB I opened last week.  Clemson v. Alabama is on now.  It better get more exciting, or I'm going to have to go find something else to finish off.:wacko:

Edit -- Yeah, last week.  EARLY last week.  @ 3 to 4 oz. a night, a 750ml (25+oz.) lasts about 7 or 8 days.  Plus, it's been too cold to go outside.  Just saying . . .  Not that YOU guys should be judgmental.;)

Edited by Harry in WashDC

It's been cold down here for several days. The cows eat way more when it's cold. And we've been taking a pick axe to break the ice in the water troughs for the last 3 days. When it gets like this in Louisiana what is a man to do? Drink really good whiskey to keep him warm. This game tonight is making the whiskey taste good too. Cheers 

Well, the game just more exciting (Clemson scored).  I'm thirsty, too.  Somebody just mentioned ice.  I have an open JD BP available.  It's 18 degrees outside.  Gotta melt that ice.

20 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Finished the last 2 oz. of my one and only KC 2001 (bottle 12,392 of Batch 1) and the last 2 oz. of a 4R SmB I opened last week.  Clemson v. Alabama is on now.  It better get more exciting, or I'm going to have to go find something else to finish off.:wacko:

Edit -- Yeah, last week.  EARLY last week.  @ 3 to 4 oz. a night, a 750ml (25+oz.) lasts about 7 or 8 days.  Plus, it's been too cold to go outside.  Just saying . . .  Not that YOU guys should be judgmental.;)

How did you know what I was thinking?:o 

Now your gonna have to get up and refill the trash can!  :lol:

Paddy, this cold weather is tough for us Mason-Dixoners to deal with.  Haven't been outside in five days, and my supply of consumables near the TV is suffering.  After all, I have a spouse who is trapped inside, too, and can watch my every move.  Luckily, she takes bathroom breaks, . . .

Thanks to Rich mentioning it on another thread, thus reminding me I had it, I retrieved my 1/2 bottle of JD SiB BP in its black box which is hard to see in the corner of the TV room, that corner being close to where I sit.

Ah, life is good. 

This game is really confusing. I'm going for Clemson, only because I can't stand Alabama. 24-21 now. This is going to be an interesting finish. Still enjoying the 1792FP.

59 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Decided to have some 1792 Full Proof myself. Cheers

IMG_0485.JPG

Add my name to the 1792 Full Proof hit parade.  It ended up being the crowning pour of a multi-pour extravaganza.  The only one to beat out RY10SiB, OGD 114, ER10, and my (Old) Old Forester Blend: 30% paper label 86 -- and 70% OFSig.  

Edited by Steve L

6 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

This game is really confusing. I'm going for Clemson, only because I can't stand Alabama. 24-21 now. This is going to be an interesting finish. Still enjoying the 1792FP.

I have no dog in the fight in spite of having some rabid Bama fan friends (like, they are at the game and they are MY age for goodness' sake, and they aren't even grads!) .  So, CLIMSSON it is.  I passed on a 1792 FP before Christmas - I'd promised my wife I'd only buy wine until after New Years.  The idea was that I'd work down my stash.  Well, I have.  The 1792FP is first on my list, thanks to the comments by you all.  I hope it's not all gone by the time I get back out there. 

how is that 1792 full proof?  I've never had any variation of 1792, but I saw some ABC store select full proof last trip to abc and I stared at it for like 10 min solid.  then passed

2 minutes ago, bourbs bro said:

how is that 1792 full proof?  I've never had any variation of 1792, but I saw some ABC store select full proof last trip to abc and I stared at it for like 10 min solid.  then passed

The Full Proof is really great. I also have some of the Sweet Wheat -- which is solid, and indeed quite sweet, but the Full Proof is a different animal altogether. I dunno --- maybe go back and stare some more!

Started by finishing off the bread pudding my wife made with hard sauce made  with JD. While eating that I was sipping on some 1792FP. I like it, but not sure this bottle is $43 good. Only about a third of the way through and still playing around with it. After that, a pour of PHC10 in his memory. This is very woody, and in a good way. Happy with the bottle. 

Add me as a 1792 FP fan.  Had another pour last night with a little splash of water.  Great flavors.  I like it more and more as I'm working through the bottle.

I have not seen any store selections but would love to try one of those as well.

1 hour ago, JTaylor said:

Power's out, fire and candles lit, wife's wine poured and now for some HWMWND... 

Please PM me your address.... on the way

;)

Tonight I'm revisiting Old Forester 1920 after leaving the bottle 3/4 full for several weeks.

Wow has this gotten good!

Nice notes of black cherries, caramel, and some other stuff that 2 generous pours are preventing me from describing right now...

It's been a great evening. Started off with an old fashion, then had a pour of weller 12, the OF birthday bourbon. I then came home and had SOAS Single Barrel, and am currently working on a pour of Barrel Bourbon batch 009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a pour of HMcK Bib that I recently opened and enjoy more with each pour. This one was in memory of Mr Beam.

On a different happier note, I see several 1792FP posts, is the 2017batch out already? Its been gone from GA shelves for months.

Having a pour of SAOS 7yr bottled 2014 by Sarah.  In reference to the 1792 FP, I've noticed it's arrival in two different stores this week.  

Well, somehow I managed to have a fairly decent day at work for a change. :huh: So I got home from work, did a few chores, and decided to experiment.......again. :) Yet another one of my Weller concoctions. ^_^ This time I vatted a PS Weller SR, Binny's OWA and Weller 12. It's been a while since I've had a Weller Centennial open, but if my palate memory serves me correctly, this vatting is pretty gosh darned close to Centennial and/or the original SB blend. I'll have to check my inventory/spreadsheet and see if I have more of what I used. If so, I may have come up with what I'll be bringing to our get together in April. :D

Cheers! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.