What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Date night with Mrs. dcbt last night.  We stopped for cocktails at one restaurant before ultimately going to dinner at another.  I asked about their bourbon selection, and the bartender pulled out newly received, still unopened bottles of ORVW10, Lot B, THH, and WLW.  I passed on all, though, and just went with Blantons.  I was hoping he'd have PVW 23, the one I have never had, but he didn't have any of the Paps.  One of these days I'll find a bar / restaurant around here that has it.

Between batch #6 and #7 , this one is the winner. The nose on this one is incredible, oak bomb and so much ( I can't describe all the flavors, I'm not good at it ). I enjoy this very much. 

CEHT Cured Oak. Second to last pour. Nothing about this I don't like...even picked up a black licorice note which I really liked.

Started with 4RSB and finished with CEHTSmB. Gotta say they were both good tonight but the Colonel wins this battle. 

Blanton's during the Packer game and now I'm celebrating their win with some 2010 WLW

Just now, Vosgar said:

Blanton's during the Packer game and now I'm celebrating their win with some 2010 WLW

Atta boy! Onto Dallas for the Pack and I hope they continue the roll. 

On 1/6/2017 at 1:43 PM, meadeweber said:

Good to hear.  I have one in the bunker that I picked up on a trip to PA.  I haven't seen it locally. May have to give it a try soon.

I've looked around here, too, and haven't seen it.  If you do find it between WDC and Baltimore, please let me know via PM.

4 minutes ago, flahute said:

Atta boy! Onto Dallas for the Pack and I hope they continue the roll. 

I'm sure your Seahawks would rather play us than the Cowboys :) 

1 minute ago, Vosgar said:

I'm sure your Seahawks would rather play us than the Cowboys :) 

Haha! You saw right through me!

In my defense, my mother grew up in Racine so I grew up following the Packers even though I lived in California and Ohio. I love the Pack and root for them except when they play the Seahawks. And I hate the Cowboys.

Cowboys fan here, was pulling for the Giants today, Pack scare me more even though NYG beat DAL twice this year. Every time I see NYG play I wonder how they did that, just not that impressive of a team. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

21 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Enjoying this beast tonight. 

Cheers ! 

Will.

IMG_7937.JPG

Awesome stuff!

Had some Larceny after an afternoon of driving. Was getting more corn in the taste than i remembered. Chalking that up to the drive and will just have to have another pour in a few days.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Awesome stuff!

It continues to blow me away, I secured a second bottle this morning online for the bunker. I've only tasted 2 of the 12 batches, this one and batch 7, the winner is batch 6. 

20 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

It continues to blow me away, I secured a second bottle this morning online for the bunker. I've only tasted 2 of the 12 batches, this one and batch 7, the winner is batch 6. 

Batch 6 is the first ever that I got a chance to try this ECBP. I picked up 2 bottles before I left UT. Still have a little over half left of one bottle, 1 in the bunker, and picked up a bottle each of Batch 10 and 12 here in GJ.

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Batch 6 is the first ever that I got a chance to try this ECBP. I picked up 2 bottles before I left UT. Still have a little over half left of one bottle, 1 in the bunker, and picked up a bottle each of Batch 10 and 12 here in GJ.

that is my current ECBP reserve, another batch 6 is on its way and I have a bottle of batch 7 at my parent's home. 

Now I'm sipping a glass of WT 12.

Cheers. 

IMG_7939.JPG

Opened a new bottle of HM 10yr SiB last night. This is the first bottle I've opened that had a noticibaly different profile than the others. This one was all butterscotch on the nose and eggnog and nutmeg on the palate. Very good, but it was missing that lingering musty oak on the finish that I've liked in all the other bottles I've had.

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

that is my current ECBP reserve, another batch 6 is on its way and I have a bottle of batch 7 at my parent's home. 

Now I'm sipping a glass of WT 12.

Cheers. 

The 7 never showed up around here for some reason. I've had 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12. Some might be better than others, but in a different way. Sweeter, Oakier, ETC. I think every one I've ever drank was a Home Run though. Get as many of these as you can. Availability may be more, but price will only rise on these.

Now if I could find some of that Wild Turkey 12 year...

Cheers, Jeff

Shared a 2/3 full bottle of VWSR 12yr Lot "B" with fellow snowbound swimming officials in Rhode Island last Saturday. Was going to drink it myself at bedtime.  Best way to drink nice bourbon, tho' - with good friends. Seemed like the thing to do at the time.   :lol:

23 minutes ago, stoopsie said:

Loving the 1792 Full Proof tonight. d877f995acac67418e45b734b3e492b9.jpg

The 1792 FP is awesome once it opens up.  Had a nice pour yesterday from the store pick I have.  

I am having some EW Bib in remembrance of Parker Beam R.I.P.

A SB HHSS #2 for the same reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.